Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > News and Events

Posted 2010-04-06, 06:57 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "I did. I was a Catholic apologist. It..."
Ahh, yes. The lesser known "No Child's Behind Left" program.

KagomJack said: [Goto]
I did. I was a Catholic apologist. It all made sense some how.
I think I remember that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2010-04-06, 07:17 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Kagom was a straight Catholic boy when..."
I was a Wiccan when I first joined. Boy... looking back, I'm pretty sure there was something wrong with me. And everyone I knew. Then again, there still is, kinda.

So, as long as he's on the throne, what the Pharope says goes, huh? Psh! Rediculous. So, any updates on the current status of this thing, or is it all the same, at the moment?
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2010-04-07, 10:06 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "I was a Wiccan when I first joined...."
It's been brushed under the rug. Lol, nothing is going to happen and the Pope isn't going to step down, it would damage the 'reputation' of the church too much. Something about willful ignorance just makes me sick.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2010-04-07, 07:51 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "It's been brushed under the rug. Lol,..."
D3V said: [Goto]
'reputation'
"Too late"?
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2010-04-07, 11:18 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting ""Too late"?"
The illusion of the "supremecy" of the "Church" (the one in question right now being the Catholic church, but this applies to most really) isn't really a new thing. Take for instance Duo Sunt, a letter written in 494 AD by Pope Gelasius I to Emperor Anastasius I (The Emperor of the Roman Empire at the time.) It basically defines Church and State as being separate, with State's power being granted "from Heaven" and with Church being the greater of the two. It also firmly established the doctrine of sovereign immunity, essentially stating that the church can do no wrong. And by "do no wrong" they mean that anything they do is right, essentially they are infallible.

Pope Gelasius I said:
There are two powers, august Emperor, by which this world is chiefly ruled, namely, the sacred authority of the priests and the royal power. Of these that of the priests is the more weighty, since they have to render an account for even the kings of men in the divine judgment. You are also aware, dear son, that while you are permitted honorably to rule over human kind, yet in things divine you bow your head humbly before the leaders of the clergy and await from their hands the means of your salvation. In the reception and proper disposition of the heavenly mysteries you recognize that you should be subordinate rather than superior to the religious order, and that in these matters you depend on their judgment rather than wish to force them to follow your will.

If the ministers of religion, recognizing the supremacy granted you from heaven in matters affecting the public order, obey your laws, lest otherwise they might obstruct the course of secular affairs by irrelevant considerations, with what readiness should you not yield them obedience to whom is assigned the dispensing of the sacred mysteries of religion. Accordingly, just as there is no slight danger m the case of the priests if they refrain from speaking when the service of the divinity requires, so there is no little risk for those who disdain - which God forbid -when they should obey. And if it is fitting that the hearts of the faithful should submit to all priests in general who properly administer divine affairs, how much the more is obedience due to the bishop of that see which the Most High ordained to be above ,ill others, and which is consequently dutifully honored by the devotion of the whole Church.

Sources/Further Reading:

Medieval Sourcebook: Gelasius I on Spiritual and Temporal Power

Duo sunt

Sovereign immunity
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2010-04-08, 01:59 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "The illusion of the "supremecy" of the..."
BORKED

Go Roseanne!

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2010-04-08, 07:07 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "1WxKsj8vfAM Go Roseanne!"
Roseanne is one of my favorite people, actually. And I've seen every episode of her show at least thrice. I don't know if I necessarily agree with all of her statements (like how twice as many girls are molested as boys) but I'm not saying she's necessarily wrong either. I'd need to see some numbers.

Regardless, a molestation is a molestation. Does it really matter? The bastards need to be hung by the testes over a pool of acid, followed by a round or two into the testes as necessary to make them fall. And Heaven help them if they survive.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2010-04-08, 08:10 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Roseanne is one of my favorite people,..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
And Hell have their way with them if they survive.
I think this version better.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2010-04-09, 08:57 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Roseanne is one of my favorite people,..."
Quote:
And Heaven help them if they survive.
At this point, they'd really need to be saved.. lol

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2010-04-09, 11:30 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "At this point, they'd really need to be..."
I'm gonna revise it to instead of "a round or two" the kid/kids who were molested get one of those automatic BB guns they have at fairs and such where you try to shoot out the star, and they try to shoot down the priest with it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2010-04-09, 12:41 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Roseanne is one of my favorite people,..."
You sound like me. I absolutely love her and I miss watching her show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2010-04-09, 10:08 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I'm gonna revise it to instead of "a..."
Why BB guns? You guys sure do want to take it easy on these priests. Don't tell me you sympathize with them?
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2010-04-10, 10:27 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Why BB guns? You guys sure do want to..."
How many times do you think you'd have to get shot in the nads to be shot down, in that scenario? A BB gun doesn't generally do a ton of damage, but it hurts like a mother fucker. And kids usually have pretty bad aim too so it might take a while.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2010-04-10, 04:37 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "How many times do you think you'd have..."
Meh. The weak people and oversocialized types once
again control the perspective behind the news, and
of your mind.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mdselctr shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeMdselctr shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Mdselctr

Posted 2010-04-10, 09:35 PM in reply to Mdselctr's post starting "Meh. The weak people and oversocialized..."
This is why I celebrate Mdselctmas.

Though, I guess you're right about that, K_A. The thing is, I wouldn't be surprised at all, if the guy ended up doing it again, even after that. People usually tend to... not "learn their lesson". Really. I have an uncle who'd been to jail, like, 10 times over the same shit.
Honestly, if they wanted to molest a small boy, just get married to a midget.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2010-04-11, 01:28 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/vie..."
ROFLMAO.

srsly
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2010-04-11, 11:49 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/vie..."
Hey panda bear! We don't take kindly to your types around here.

Classic

:EDIT:
Oh it's actually pedobear lol - just gotta look close.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
S2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeS2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

S2 AM

Posted 2010-04-12, 08:34 AM in reply to S2 AM's post starting "Hey panda bear! We don't take kindly..."

blasphemous, and hilarious.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/04/11/...ex.html?hpt=T2

Quote:
Bishops: Bill would allow old cases with lost evidence, faded memories

Connecticut's Catholic bishops ask parishioners to oppose bill

Bill would rescind statute of limitations on child sexual abuse cases

Older claimants would need to show substantial proof that they were abused

Quote:

Last edited by D3V; 2010-04-12 at 08:48 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2010-04-12, 07:24 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "http://static.timesofmalta.com/media/ser..."
Proof? Umm... prove that they aren't abused! (Witch Hunt method ftw)
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai