Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

NAT Connection Solution
Posted 2009-01-19, 09:24 PM
Jake, try this out. Im going to do this as well.

On the old Dashboard it was possible to see the status of the NAT by testing Xbox Live connection

- Network Address Translation NAT is the process of modifying network address information in datagram packet headers while in transit across a traffic routing device for the purpose of remapping a given address space into another

If the NAT is moderate or restricted it can cause communication problems but it's not possible to see it in the NXE Dashboard .

NAT has to be open by giving the Xbox a manual IP and configuring the router by placing the Xbox outside the Firewall

The DMZ feature in the Router allows you to specify one computer on your network to be placed outside of the NAT firewall. This may be necessary if the NAT feature is causing problems with an application such as a game or video conferencing application.

Here's how I did it but you router configuration might be diffrerent.

Go to My X box
System Settings
Network Settings
Configure Network
IP Settings
Manual
Set IP to 192.168.2.20

Open Internet Explorer
Type the address of the Router : http://192.168.2.1/
DMZ ( Demiliterized Zone)
If the router has a set password type it in, if not click OK.
Under Private IP type the IP which was given to the Xbox 192.168.2.20
Save changes

This will make the Nat open and fix any communication problems.

Hope this helped.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2009-01-20, 07:00 AM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post "NAT Connection Solution"
For Win XP: to figure out what IP address to type in, right click on your network connection icon in the system tray and click on status. Click on the support tab, and the Default Gateway 196.168.*.* is the address you use to access your router.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2009-01-20, 04:31 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "For Win XP: to figure out what IP..."
Yah that didn't work with my wireless network. I had to reset everything to factory settings just to get back online. I hope you doing that to your router took care of our issues, because fuck doing that again.

KagomJack said:
My girth isn't anything to bitch and moan about in long, elaborate paragraphs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2009-01-20, 04:51 PM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "Yah that didn't work with my wireless..."
If you had done it right, it would've worked. I've done it for 6 people now, solved all of their issues.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
khwiii enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzkhwiii enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

khwiii

Posted 2009-01-20, 11:15 PM in reply to khwiii's post starting "If you had done it right, it would've..."
Eh, Bobby changing his settings fixed things for our connection, so we're set now.

KagomJack said:
My girth isn't anything to bitch and moan about in long, elaborate paragraphs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord