Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Forum News, Suggestions and Discussion

Post New Portal Features
Posted 2002-11-22, 02:07 PM
Yet again, the portal has been updated with some new features:

First off, the oh-so-wonderful download section has been added, but will not be functional until there have been a few requests about other files than D2 hacks. Of course, those will be added as well, and Hellmonkeys mentioned that he would be able to help us out with that part.

Secondly, there is a store currently stuffed with 21 different Zelaron items, in case anyone would get the crazy idea to actually buy anything from it. The mousepads are especially nice, but that's just what I think. If you do buy anything, the extra money goes straight to improving the board/site.

The third feature is a webcam section for the members. Currently, there are two cams up, and one of the people on there isn't really a member, but she volunteered anyway. Terribly nice of her, don't you think? If you would like to share a piece of your more or less active life with us, please contact me.

The fourth, and last, major feature is the SoapBox, which is a ranting section. Within a few days, some... "experienced" Zelaroners will start posting some (hopefully) well-written flames/rants about various things that annoy them.

Oh yes, a lot of links have been moved around/edited to enable some very easy forum access. And don't forget about the old features either, such as the free @zelaron.com email, free ad-less hosting and the latest gaming news. Speaking of news, a few more news posters are still wanted, since we haven't quite been keeping things up to-date-lately.

While I'm at it, here's the link: http://www.zelaron.com
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2002-11-24, 04:29 PM in reply to Chruser's post "New Portal Features"
Tick, tack, alone there. Feel free to leave a comment or two as well.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2002-11-24, 04:34 PM in reply to Chruser's post "New Portal Features"
Wow, Jamesadin likes this merchandice. Jamesadin hopes some people buy some, Jamesadin also likes the soap box. Jamesadin wonders if he is an experienced enough member to rant.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2002-11-24, 04:43 PM in reply to Chruser's post "New Portal Features"

If anyone buys that....... lmao
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2002-11-24, 04:45 PM in reply to Chruser's post "New Portal Features"
I would buy a mouse pad!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2002-11-26, 10:21 AM in reply to Chruser's post "New Portal Features"
Hmm, couple small suggestions.

Shrink the logo a bit, it takes up too much real estate at 800 x 600 (which is still the standard)

Maybe try another hue of blue or black instead of the yellow and red top sections. They clash with the rest of the page.

Other than those two nitpicks, it looks great.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Rurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Rurouni Storm

Posted 2002-11-26, 10:26 AM in reply to Chruser's post "New Portal Features"
*OnlineHost*: GravitonSurge rolled 2 6-sided dice: 3 5
*OnlineHost*: GravitonSurge rolled 2 6-sided dice: 2 3
*OnlineHost*: GravitonSurge rolled 2 6-sided dice: 3 1
*OnlineHost*: GravitonSurge rolled 2 6-sided dice: 5 4
*OnlineHost*: GravitonSurge rolled 2 6-sided dice: 2 4
*OnlineHost*: GravitonSurge rolled 2 6-sided dice: 1 3
*OnlineHost*: GravitonSurge rolled 2 6-sided dice: 4 2
*OnlineHost*: GravitonSurge rolled 2 6-sided dice: 3 4
*OnlineHost*: GravitonSurge rolled 2 6-sided dice: 5 3
*OnlineHost*: GravitonSurge rolled 2 6-sided dice: 4 4
*OnlineHost*: GravitonSurge rolled 2 6-sided dice: 5 5
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2002-11-26, 02:08 PM in reply to Chruser's post "New Portal Features"
Lol... I like the clothing lines :0. And also if you need some help with Download hosting... always look at pixelmethods . I have like 40 modules alone... which is pretty nice . Compared to most sites, its pretty good.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tacoX

Posted 2002-11-26, 02:11 PM in reply to Chruser's post "New Portal Features"
*cough* Netdevil taco... pindlebot, and some other well known stuff... *cough*
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mr.Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMr.Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Mr.Lee

Posted 2002-11-26, 05:14 PM in reply to Chruser's post "New Portal Features"
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Lee
*cough* Netdevil taco... pindlebot, and some other well known stuff... *cough*
*Cough* duh.

::Back on topic I'm with James!

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2002-11-29, 01:04 AM in reply to Chruser's post "New Portal Features"
The mousepads are nice but I like my gel padded one better. But maybe just for a decoration or something I will get one(If I have the money).
Also the bear is cool, might get it for my little neise.

Maybe tonight we'll fly so far away... We'll be lost before the dawn...
Raziel said:
er er LOL
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

DaFrigginDoctah

Posted 2002-11-29, 01:08 AM in reply to Chruser's post "New Portal Features"
I wanna be a news poster. I can get some recommendations if ya want ;-).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2002-11-29, 06:52 AM in reply to Chruser's post "New Portal Features"
lol, I'll trade you jobs...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Jamesadin

Posted 2002-11-29, 03:20 PM in reply to Chruser's post "New Portal Features"
Anytime.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2002-11-30, 09:51 PM in reply to Chruser's post "New Portal Features"
haha thast sweet, if i could... i'd buy EVERYHTING ON THAT SITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish

Posted 2002-11-30, 09:56 PM in reply to Chruser's post "New Portal Features"
I wouldn't mind a mousepad with Chruser's "Lithium Smoke" wallpaper he made on it. It would match my desktop.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2002-12-01, 03:50 AM in reply to Chruser's post "New Portal Features"
Quote:
Originally posted by !King_Amazon!
I wanna be a news poster. I can get some recommendations if ya want ;-).
Do you ever read your private messages? :P
Besides, the store has had no sales so far, but I'm looking forwards to one or two... maybe even a hundred of them.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Chruser

Posted 2002-12-01, 08:49 AM in reply to Chruser's post "New Portal Features"
You should make some mousepads with ZELARON on it.... that would be cool =-/
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tacoX

Posted 2002-12-01, 11:52 AM in reply to Chruser's post "New Portal Features"
Yeah. That's why I want one with Chruser's "Lithium Smoke" on it. It's pretty and says Zelaron.com on it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!