Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

Posted 2008-05-30, 02:04 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "I'm not following you."
Linky.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-06-28, 02:31 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "Atheism and Theism are equally absurd."
I believe God and Lucifer are both real. and that Lucifer is a girl (rebellious 16 year old on her first PMS, for all eternity)

My opinion is as long as someone believes in a God they will assend to MY believed heaven.

Atheism just... bothers me...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2008-07-05, 10:06 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "I believe God and Lucifer are both..."
Skurai said: [Goto]
I believe God and Lucifer are both real. and that Lucifer is a girl (rebellious 16 year old on her first PMS, for all eternity)
Kinky fantasy? Sounds more like heaven than hell to me.

My opinion is as long as someone believes in a God they will assend to MY believed heaven.
Now tell that to someone else who believes the same thing just a different heaven and God. Besides assuming you are right based off of nothing but prayer (Which is actually just an assertion of your already biased feelings on something. Don't believe me go to Japan and study about it and meditation while there. There is a reason a lot of them don't pray even though a lot are christian. Also see psychology.) is truly the opposite of what people tell you it is. It is foolish, unwise, and unintelligent. The bible itself says you should be studious in finding all answers to things BEFORE asking Him for guidance. I have it open right here on my desk and it is my favorite part.

Atheism just... bothers me...
Why? You have me curious here. Please elaborate. It better not be extremist horse pucky though. Otherwise I'm gonna be pissed that I asked.
skurai said: [Goto]
big Foot -
A Big Monkey. So?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
hotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenhotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

hotdog

Posted 2008-07-06, 07:44 AM in reply to hotdog's post starting "Kinky fantasy? Sounds more like heaven..."
Believing or not believing in God all amounts to a hill of beans once you're dead. You'll find out the truth then presumably. Right now, just pick one and don't bother the rest of the world with what you believe.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2008-07-06, 06:50 PM in reply to hotdog's post starting "Kinky fantasy? Sounds more like heaven..."
[QUOTE]Kinky fantasy? Sounds more like heaven than hell to me. [QUOTE]

Heh... not really... well, the way she looks... whatever.
It says Lucifer uses temptation... this makes it much easier for her.

[QUOTE]
Now tell that to someone else who believes the same thing just a different heaven and God. Besides assuming you are right based off of nothing but prayer (Which is actually just an assertion of your already biased feelings on something. Don't believe me go to Japan and study about it and meditation while there. There is a reason a lot of them don't pray even though a lot are christian. Also see psychology.) is truly the opposite of what people tell you it is. It is foolish, unwise, and unintelligent. The bible itself says you should be studious in finding all answers to things BEFORE asking Him for guidance. I have it open right here on my desk and it is my favorite part.[QUOTE]
Right, Right. Helps those who help themself, right.
It doesn't matter if I told anyone about my belief. They all (basically) say they are the only correct belief, and (usually) only the ones who believe in their God shall go to their Heaven.

Quote:
Why? You have me curious here. Please elaborate. It better not be extremist horse pucky though. Otherwise I'm gonna be pissed that I asked.
I honestly don't have an answere that probably won't appear as extremist. My belief is, anyone who is faithful to their God is saved... Atheism doesn't seem to apply to it... so It bothers me how many people will be sent to hell, simply because they don't believe...
(The reason I started with the God of understanding is because, over half the world would be sent to Hell in any other religion.)

EDIT-----

For some reason the quotes don't work... maybe I messed up, oh well...
Skurai

Last edited by Skurai; 2008-07-06 at 06:52 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2008-07-09, 03:14 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "[QUOTE]Kinky fantasy? Sounds more like..."
[QUOTE=Skurai;643619][QUOTE]Kinky fantasy? Sounds more like heaven than hell to me. [QUOTE]

Heh... not really... well, the way she looks... whatever.
It says Lucifer uses temptation... this makes it much easier for her.

[QUOTE]
Now tell that to someone else who believes the same thing just a different heaven and God. Besides assuming you are right based off of nothing but prayer (Which is actually just an assertion of your already biased feelings on something. Don't believe me go to Japan and study about it and meditation while there. There is a reason a lot of them don't pray even though a lot are christian. Also see psychology.) is truly the opposite of what people tell you it is. It is foolish, unwise, and unintelligent. The bible itself says you should be studious in finding all answers to things BEFORE asking Him for guidance. I have it open right here on my desk and it is my favorite part.
Quote:
Right, Right. Helps those who help themself, right.
It doesn't matter if I told anyone about my belief. They all (basically) say they are the only correct belief, and (usually) only the ones who believe in their God shall go to their Heaven.

I honestly don't have an answere that probably won't appear as extremist. My belief is, anyone who is faithful to their God is saved... Atheism doesn't seem to apply to it... so It bothers me how many people will be sent to hell, simply because they don't believe...
(The reason I started with the God of understanding is because, over half the world would be sent to Hell in any other religion.)

EDIT-----

For some reason the quotes don't work... maybe I messed up, oh well...

1. Still sounds kickass to me but then again I am such a sinner.

2. My question really is. How do you know he will go to YOUR heaven? It would at least mean there is an equal chance that you would go to HIS heaven. What goes up...

Also how do you know you won't both go to the SAME heaven or even better that you would be in someone elses heaven? Or that heaven would be a place to go to after death? That be my question.

3. By extremist horse puckey I meant an answer like this one (which I have gotten before).

"Because God says I am right and you are wrong and I beat my wife and molest my kids and rape teenage girls with my sawed off shotgun because I'm from Montana the chosen land of God!"

Your answer was much better.
big Foot -
A Big Monkey. So?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
hotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenhotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

hotdog

Posted 2008-07-09, 08:27 PM in reply to hotdog's post starting "[QUOTE=Skurai;643619][QUOTE]Kinky..."
hotdog said: [Goto]
1. Still sounds kickass to me but then again I am such a sinner.

2. My question really is. How do you know he will go to YOUR heaven? It would at least mean there is an equal chance that you would go to HIS heaven. What goes up...

Also how do you know you won't both go to the SAME heaven or even better that you would be in someone elses heaven? Or that heaven would be a place to go to after death? That be my question.

3. By extremist horse puckey I meant an answer like this one (which I have gotten before).

"Because God says I am right and you are wrong and I beat my wife and molest my kids and rape teenage girls with my sawed off shotgun because I'm from Montana the chosen land of God!"

Your answer was much better.
1. ... Meh.

2. Hnn...? I guess you're right. Just don't send me to Canadian Heaven!
( Kidding! )

3. Oh. heh, you have no idea how much a large chance that person will burn in hell if that statement is true.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2008-07-11, 12:27 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "1. ... Meh. :rolleyes: 2. Hnn...? I..."
3. Oh I know but I have honestly gotten that comment before. I was in Montana doing research and that was a literal comment from someone. Made me laugh because I thought he was joking but he was apparently serious. Needless to say my report ended up getting him in jail for about 1 week. They couldn't prove he did it so they let him go. Even thought he kept saying he did it.

The point being Monatans are crazy. One guy even took a bite out of his shot glass in a bar one time and chewed and swallowed it. After that I another guy smashed a bottle on his face. Not his head, his face.

Either way I got a lot of, "God says I'm right." answers from those people. Which makes me wonder why anyone with any intelligence would live there. How can God say two different views are right to two seperate people? This makes me curious and I plan on studying it.
big Foot -
A Big Monkey. So?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

hotdog

Posted 2015-03-18, 03:00 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Clarifying semantics is important if we..."
Demosthenes said: [Goto]
Clarifying semantics is important if we ever hope to dissociate ourselves with the stigmas society has given us. In fact, to have a discussion about anything we should be clear about semantics. This is an entirely frivolous discussion if I and KA have different definitions of atheist.
I thought this thread was a pretty interesting read. It's fun to see how my views have shifted over time. At this point, I'm probably agreeing with Demosthenes's original arguments, while D3v is making the same or similar arguments as I was making ~7 years ago.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2015-03-18, 05:37 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "You're born an atheist. You become a..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
I thought this thread was a pretty interesting read. It's fun to see how my views have shifted over time. At this point, I'm probably agreeing with Demosthenes's original arguments, while D3v is making the same or similar arguments as I was making ~7 years ago.
I honestly can't believe I tried to argue the Christian theology, while simultaneously actually arguing a borderline Agnostic theology. My views have changed in a way that I can only describe as "progress."

!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
Just because we aren't born with the knowledge of something doesn't mean it's necessarily untrue. I did not know 2+2=4 when I was born, but I'm fairly certain it's true now.
I actually sometimes wonder if 2+2 might not be 4. Like, give or take a couple thousand years, what if we figure out it's not. It won't happen, it's fucking retarded... but what if. I've always been one to question authority, especially when the "fact" has been told, and not proven. A written fact, that is driven into ours heads without evidence. You could ask any child who has been to first grade what 2+2 is, and they will answer 4. But 3+1 may become a problem. Why? Because we do not teach HOW 2+2=4, only that does =4. So, as a child, I decided repeated experiments to prove if 2+2 was 4. It involved counting various things, in groups of two, then in two groups of two, adding up to 4. Conclusion was that under all circumstances, 2+2=4. However, after being taught "God is not real" or "God is real", all experiments come back inconclusive, as God is often reported as an emotional comfort, or being met after death.

You're born an atheist. You become a theist by incessant proselytizing. And no, they are not equally absurd. The 'magic man' hypothesis is far more absurd.
This brings up a curious point: Who was the first theist. Who invented the "magic man" hypothesis? Did they believe this hypothesis? They could not have been proselyted if they were the first. Why did they believe it, if they had no proof?* How did they come up with it, if there was no previous evidence of the magic man to spark the idea of a magic man?? There must have been some kind of evidence of a magic man, with no viable explanation (at the time).

And no "fire hot" is not evidence. Any fucking moron would realize rubbing two things together makes them hot, because, contrary to popular believe, pretty much anything can be rubbed together. Had they started trying to rub things, they would quickly discover why "fire hot".
Skurai

Last edited by Skurai; 2015-03-18 at 05:41 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2015-03-18, 09:59 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "I honestly can't believe I tried to..."
This brings up a curious point: Who was the first theist. Who invented the "magic man" hypothesis? Did they believe this hypothesis? They could not have been proselyted if they were the first. Why did they believe it, if they had no proof?* How did they come up with it, if there was no previous evidence of the magic man to spark the idea of a magic man?? There must have been some kind of evidence of a magic man, with no viable explanation (at the time).

And no "fire hot" is not evidence. Any fucking moron would realize rubbing two things together makes them hot, because, contrary to popular believe, pretty much anything can be rubbed together. Had they started trying to rub things, they would quickly discover why "fire hot".
This is a good book that answers that question: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/031606...VcL&ref=plSrch
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2015-03-19, 10:08 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "This is just entirely a discussion of..."
Grav said: [Goto]
This is just entirely a discussion of semantics, however. It is inherently circuitious and cannot come a pointed conclusion.
Quote:
Oh, I agree with that. It just appears that the problem is currently not based around the views of an idea, but the views of what the definition of said idea is. So there is disagreement on two levels.
My ideas on this have been the same since 2007 and won't change now because I want social brownie points over discussing nothing.

You were actually right, K_A. They are equally absurd.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2015-03-19, 06:11 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "This is a good book that answers that..."
This is a good book that answers that question: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/031606...VcL&ref=plSrch
That's gay.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2019-12-20, 01:15 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "My ideas on this have been the same..."
I tend to disagree in my points originally and feel theism actually makes more sense when considering the insurmountable scale of existence and time itself. While on the other hand, I appreciate neckbeards and cave dwellings mathematicians who spend a lifetime theorizing and determining scales and measurable outcomes.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V