Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Microsoft announces Xbox 360 Elite
Posted 2007-03-28, 10:51 AM
It's going to look exactly the same as the current 360s, but with a few minor changes:

- It's black, as are the controllers
- It's got a HDMI port
- It comes with a 120gb HDD

It's coming out in America on the 29th July for................. $479.

Oh, and it's still got a DVD drive in it. No HD-DVD, just bog standard DVD. Anyone tempted?

There's another thing:

Quote:
Microsoft has no plans to offer rebates, discounts, or free trade-ins for loyal early adopters. When asked how he thought gamers would respond to the new higher-priced addition, Penello said, "I think and hope that people are going to understand. There is as price for being an early adopter and your points and feelings are valid (Penello said when referring to gamers IGN suggested would be angry about the new system). But whenever you innovate and change, you have to face this situation. Your same old system is still perfectly valid. Think about it this way, it's a new bundle that comes with a bigger hard drive."
http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/776/776448p1.html

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6168182....stnews;title;0

http://uk.gamespot.com/features/6168...om_clk=topslot
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-03-28, 11:11 AM in reply to Lenny's post "Microsoft announces Xbox 360 Elite"
I wonder how many 360 owners will go elite?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2007-03-28, 11:16 AM in reply to Atnas's post starting "I wonder how many 360 owners will go..."
I know of at least 8 who have been saying for weeks that if the Elite did come to fruition, they'd sell their 360s and buy a PS3 instead.

---

Just to make perfectly clear what this is, in case I end up confusing someone:

The 360 Elite is a bog standard 360, with black casing, a HDMI port, and a 120gb HDD which will be released separately as well, in case Core and Premium owners want more storage.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-03-28, 11:53 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I know of at least 8 who have been..."
I hate microsoft sooo much.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2007-03-28, 12:38 PM in reply to Lenny's post "Microsoft announces Xbox 360 Elite"
I don't understand what the problem with this is?

You don't have to buy it.

Lenny said:
I know of at least 8 who have been saying for weeks that if the Elite did come to fruition, they'd sell their 360s and buy a PS3 instead.
This is just a ridiculous attitude!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2007-03-28, 12:56 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "I don't understand what the problem..."
For Xbox fanatics it's great. But I really don't see the point in it all. Sure a big hard drive is nice and roomy, and they can throw in anything else they want... But I fear they will pull a Vista.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Atnas

Posted 2007-03-28, 03:35 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "I don't understand what the problem..."
I think it's the fact that they've got an Xbox 360, and MS have just come out and said that they've got a much much better version of it that can display HD properly, and looks a damn sight nicer than the beige.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-03-28, 04:20 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I think it's the fact that they've got..."
I think it's kinda like "ok guys now that you've all gotten the regular one we're going to put the super-duper one on shelves so you've got no choice but to buy it or stick with your lesser console."

The good news is, I bet Xbox360s will be going mighty cheap on e-bay soon.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-03-28, 04:30 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I think it's kinda like "ok guys now..."
Nuts to Ebay, the price of the core at least should fall in shops. The Premium too, if MS are clever.

The thing is, they're slowly losing the price advantage over the PS3. With the "Elite", if you buy the HD-DVD add-on, so you can watch it in proper HD with HDMI, then you're paying more than the price of the 60gb PS3, right? Even as it is, without any add-ons, it's only $20 cheaper than a 20gb PS3, and that's bad. If for $20 more you can buy something with a Blu-Ray drive and free online play, rather than an improved version of something already out there, with extra expense for online and HD-DVD, then which would you go for? That could end up being a problem, especially when the PS3 gets to the point where it has 100+ titles on the shelves.

Last edited by Lenny; 2007-03-28 at 04:33 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-03-28, 06:42 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I think it's the fact that they've got..."
New cars come out every year, usually with only minor improvements over the previous iteration. Why not consoles? They cost about the same!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2007-03-28, 08:30 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "New cars come out every year, usually..."
im just gonna buy the new harddrive. because right now mine is 100% full with the first season of Jericho and Sarah Silverman and about 15 arcade games. Bigger harddrive is much welcomed here.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2007-03-29, 04:32 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "im just gonna buy the new harddrive...."
I don't even really use my hard drive, so why the hell do I care? I simply use my 360 to play video games, that's all. It comes with plenty of space.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2007-03-29, 08:07 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "I don't even really use my hard drive,..."
Well I would think the HDTV feature stuff would be the other thing people care about.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-03-29, 10:49 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Well I would think the HDTV feature..."
LOL $180 for 120GB??? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I can get a 250GB for less than that....why did they ahve to make the 360 HDD propritary?

Also wtf is up with M$???? No internal Wifi??? No internal HD-DVD???(this means MS is not so sure of HD-DVD anymore so they only release it as an option, they stated that if HDDVD lost they could still make an eternal blu ray player......it would be funny if sony locked them out of the format tho, but they wouldnt since that would just increase BD sales)

it is an interesting box for those who havent got a 360 yet, but for those who have 1 its just a minor upgrade.....meh

PS3 > 360 (i have both, just wish there were more games for pS3)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hades-Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hades-Knight

Posted 2007-03-29, 12:06 PM in reply to Hades-Knight's post starting "LOL $180 for 120GB???..."
Are you kidding? Sony would love for MS to use blue ray. Then, they'd make money on both XBox and PS3 owners. If you look at it, the whole point of the PS3 is to make Sony blue ray royalties. It just doesn't make sense any other way.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2007-03-29, 12:46 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Are you kidding? Sony would love for MS..."
I'd never have thought that I'd have to correct the almighty WW. Blu-Ray.

MS have stated that if Blu-Ray came out on top then they WOULD release a Blu-Ray add on.

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6142137....ay%20add%20omn

That story is over a year old, I know, but recently MS have said again that they'd release a BD add-on if HD-DVD failed completely.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-03-29, 05:45 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I'd never have thought that I'd have to..."
both are going to to fail
DVD movies look just fine.
The only thing HD and blu-ray are good for are keeping large games on 1 disc.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2007-04-02, 11:17 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I'd never have thought that I'd have to..."
Damn it Lenny, it is Blu-ray not Blu-Ray, not Blu Ray. There is a difference.

This console is just a way to try and compete and to go back and change there mind on things they have said in the past. I don't think I should have to expand here.

~ KAMAHAME---Oh shit it's happening again.... ~

Last edited by Tyrannicide; 2007-04-03 at 12:51 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzTyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Tyrannicide

Posted 2007-04-02, 08:47 PM in reply to Tyrannicide's post starting "Damn it Lenny, it is Blu-ray not..."
just make multidisk dvd players, duh. NQP.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-04-05, 09:50 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "just make multidisk dvd players, duh. ..."
i have a ps2.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish