Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Posted 2007-01-14, 03:19 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I personally think it's a bit of both...."
I got the cube, I thought it would be the best because of super smash bros...but it turns out that was about the only good game for the cube...although, mario sunshine was pretty good
"Ban shampoo, demand real poo"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Slyvr enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSlyvr enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Slyvr

Posted 2007-01-14, 03:40 PM in reply to Slyvr's post starting "I got the cube, I thought it would be..."
Why someone just can't build a PSWii60 I don't know. All three consoles have good games, sadly.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-01-14, 05:26 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Why someone just can't build a PSWii60..."
Lenny said:
Why someone just can't build a PSWii60 I don't know. All three consoles have good games, sadly.

Cause that might be too "monopolistic". And well, the 360 is really just a computer. I'd rather see a nintendo + sony console. Nintendo has the ideas and the skill to make top notch games as well as durable and strong hardware, but also tend to undershoot the graphics notch. Sony does not, and can probably design a more modular system that'd appeal to more consumers. Something like a snap-on pseudo PC. 250-300~ for the main box to do lots of things, and overtime you can buy upgrades to snap onto the box or board. Do it yourself.

But that prolly will never happen, atleast not from sony and nintendo.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dubby is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDubby is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Dubby

Posted 2007-01-15, 03:58 AM in reply to Dubby's post starting "Cause that might be too "monopolistic"...."
Sony don't seem to have as much against Nintendo as they do against MS (has anyone been reading the slinging matches between the company execs?), so it's a lot more feasible than a Sony-Nintendo-MS collaboration, at least.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-01-18, 09:09 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Sony don't seem to have as much against..."
Haha that was a slightly funny read thank you for bringing that up Lenny...
Anyways Co. Execs aside I think it will happen, just not anytime soon...remember eventually everything will be a corporation owned by multiple rich people...eventually...must create...elixer of life...
skurai said: [Goto]
big Foot -
A Big Monkey. So?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
hotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenhotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

hotdog

Posted 2007-01-18, 09:52 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Sony don't seem to have as much against..."
Sony is too arrogant to do such a thing. Nintendo also knows that they don't need the help.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2007-01-19, 10:37 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "Sony is too arrogant to do such a..."
At the moment I couldn't care less if Sony used slave labour.

There's an unofficial official date for the European launch. And an unofficial official price. Add on to that the fact that at the beginning of next week they're making an official statement regarding price and release date, as well as the confirmed rumour that there will be no 20gb PS3s for the UK launch and, well, I'm one happy chappy.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-03-19, 11:36 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I personally think it's a bit of both...."
Past loyalty is big concern. But I made a choice to pick the PS3 over the wII

Even tho my loyalty to nintendo runs deep into the orginal nintendo NES System. Only if nintendo made a computer based machine with all the orginal nes games on it. with a playable A - Z SELECTION FEATUREING ALL THE GAMES WIRELESS controllers. The NES gun the runing mat & the Nes glove among all other items of witch made the nes a brake through componet for modern gameing!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
patten-xo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenpatten-xo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

patten-xo

Posted 2007-03-20, 02:22 PM in reply to patten-xo's post starting "Past loyalty is big concern. But I made..."
Wow... forgot about this thread did I.

Past loyalty... they're figures over 6 months old, but a few surveys done in the summer of last year found that out of PS2, Xbox and GC owners, approx. 60% of PS2 owners were going to buy the PS3, approx. 40% of Xbox owners were going to, or had bought a 360, and something like 20% of GC owners were thinking about buying the Wii.

Wait a minute... has the thread expiration been killed off or something?

EDIT: Ah! I see what's happened.This is the original Bethesda thread that has been retitled, and all our Oblivion discussion has split off into the aptly titled "Lenny is rabidly waiting for Oblivion PS3".

Last edited by Lenny; 2007-03-20 at 02:25 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-03-26, 07:21 AM in reply to hotdog's post starting "Maybe it has something to do with past..."
I bought an Xbox 360 back after the second launch sometime, I did it because I wanted some new games, ps2 games were lacking and I needed something, some good ol video games. I've had nintendo, super nintendo, sega, ps, ps2 and now 360. I was a Sony only guy, because they just always had the biggest range of games to choose from, I was an addict for devil may cry and metal gear solid (except the later ones, never really got into it, i guess i lost some patience) and lets not forget my all time favorite castlevania symphony of the night on ps1. But I think PS3 is prob a lot better of a choice over 360, not saying 360 is bad, I love my gears of war, I mean I basically bought 360 because of one game, Halo 3, I absolutely love the halo series.
But lets face it, far more and better games will come out on the ps3, the only thing that may help float MS for awhile is when they start to drop the price of 360, past sales of ps1 and xbox was the highest after they cut prices. And now more than ever since the prices are so jacked up I think MS will hit more sales once it lowers its prices, and I think they should do that sometime sooooon. Ya know what would be smart, someone should make a device that allow you to play Sony games on MS consoles and vice versa, would totally mess up the market but it would make consumers happy. Cuz then it would just be a matter of who made the best and cheapest console and who got it out there the fastest. But we I dont think we will be seeing that device ever, unless someone wants to go into a partnership with me

Ps. Hotdog, I love drizzt too
XboxLive: x2xExZ

D2jsp: Your_Mom
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
SlickFic04 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSlickFic04 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

SlickFic04

Posted 2007-03-26, 08:53 AM in reply to SlickFic04's post starting "I bought an Xbox 360 back after the..."
Well, it would have to be a PS3 hack to play XBox 360 games because
  1. The PS3 blue-ray drive could read XBox 360 DVDs, but not vice-versa
  2. The PS3 could pre-process the XBox 360 code in SPEs with little impact on the execution stream in the PPE.
Even so, the XBox 360's code runs on 3 PowerPC cores which run at the same speed as the PS3's PPE, so it probably wouldn't work well. On the other hand, XBox 360 would have a hard time keeping up with the massive parallel arithmetic that PS3 games can exploit.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2007-03-26, 10:41 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Well, it would have to be a PS3 hack to..."
There's also the fact that you can install Linux on the PS3, and surely an emulator could be written for Linux to play 360 games?

Although... just after the American launch there were some videos posted of Linux running XP in an emulator, so could you not theoretically play PC games on the PS3, too?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny