Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Patch 1.13 delayed.
Posted 2009-07-02, 09:59 AM
I didn't really browse the forums yesterday because it was Canada day (day off for me!), but here's some news about the patch.

"Many of you are wondering what's up with the patch and the ladder reset. While I've sprinkled some information around, it's about time it was all mashed up in one easy-to-read location.

The Story -
Once upon a time our internal legacy development teams wanted to put some much needed love into Diablo II. Diablo II doesn't have tournaments with millions of dollars swirling about them, so it generally took a back seat to the patch development time of our other legacy titles. But one day the planets aligned, and it was finally time to give the old girl a new coat of paint and break a bottle of champagne over her bow with the release of a patch. This went well. Meetings were held, the community was involved and polled, and an extremely long list of ideas and changes was created. That list was then cut down to changes felt to be either necessary changes, or easily implemented to ensure development time was efficient. This also went well.

Not long after, the alarm bells sounded. The patch was progressing quickly, and the release was potentially imminent. Early on it was decided, and somewhat of a no-brainer, that a ladder reset with coincide with the patch release. With the patch progressing well, a potential release of two weeks was estimated, and as always this is the exact amount of forewarning given to players and the community before a ladder reset. An announcement was made quickly and immediately to ensure a full two week notice was given. There are many reasons for this standard two-week notice, not the least of which is that most players don't understand the meaning of ladder and non-ladder, and how a reset affects their characters. Following any reset our support departments are flooded with issues related to the change of their characters, so we attempt to inform beforehand and avoid any unnecessary confusion.

This was all well and good, the community was excited, and the developers were having fun and enjoying being able to work on Diablo II again. Then, as it tends to do, reality struck. (http://forums.battle.net/thread.html...49346&sid=3000) Work had to be swiftly and immediately realigned and has and continues to be focused on addressing issues for a different title to resolve a very serious issue.

The Now -
The Warcraft III patch is now on the Public Test Realm (PTR) and testing is progressing. Once that patch is released work can shift back to Diablo II and the 1.13 patch, and we'll be working to getting that patch up on its own PTR as soon as possible. This could be a matter of weeks. Once it's up and in a testing state for all of you, it's then going to be a matter of ensuring the features are good and it's a solid patch. The more people we have testing the patch and providing valid feedback, the better the patch will be, and hopefully the quicker it will be released. So that's my challenge to you. You've been waiting a long time, you want an awesome patch, you want a reset. To get all that, we need good solid testing and feedback, reproduction steps for bugs, detailed descriptions of issues or errors, etc. So once this goes live on the PTR, I expect some crazed-youruinedtheeconomy-testing."

http://forums.battle.net/thread.html...60417&sid=3000
From B.net forum.

Now I'm not one who's been waiting for this patch.. but anyway, it's good that they still pay some attention to D2. What do you think? Or, does anyone here care about this patch? I guess it really depends on the contents.

11:49 Skurai said:
I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2009-07-02, 10:08 AM in reply to Senesia's post "Patch 1.13 delayed."
I don't care about it anymore because I don't play anymore. I guess if it's being delayed nobody will really care too much being that it's what, a 7-8-9 year old game?

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2009-07-02, 10:18 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "I don't care about it anymore because I..."
Intriguing. A new patch and a ladder reset might be enough to get me to play again with some regularity.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2009-07-02, 11:01 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Intriguing. A new patch and a ladder..."
They're putting in new content to build up to Diablo 3. I've been waiting for this patch and the delay sucks.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2009-07-02, 11:04 AM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "They're putting in new content to build..."
-Spector- said: [Goto]
They're putting in new content to build up to Diablo 3.
This is what I assumed, and why I'm intrigued.

I'll be playing the new ladder when this patch comes out, who else is down?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2009-07-02, 01:41 PM in reply to Senesia's post "Patch 1.13 delayed."
Why is anyone still playing DII?!! Augh!! The graphics made me hurl four years ago. I can't even imagine now.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2009-07-02, 01:49 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Why is anyone still playing DII?!!..."
I can't even play Crysis anymore, it's just so pixelated and old.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2009-07-02, 01:52 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "This is what I assumed, and why I'm..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
This is what I assumed, and why I'm intrigued.

I'll be playing the new ladder when this patch comes out, who else is down?
Meeee
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2009-07-02, 02:31 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "Meeee"
I would play if the game was in anything greater than 640x480.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2009-07-02, 04:00 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "I would play if the game was in..."
You can change it to 800x600 in the video settings.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2009-07-03, 10:35 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "You can change it to 800x600 in the..."
That's still abysmal.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2009-07-03, 10:40 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "That's still abysmal."
Agreed, but it's less abysmal than 640x480, and I was telling D3v in case he didn't know he could change it. Dick.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2009-07-03, 01:56 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Agreed, but it's less abysmal than..."
Didn't someone come out with a mod that let you play at larger resolutions?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2009-07-17, 03:31 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Agreed, but it's less abysmal than..."
Another ladder reset? I play this game for years and get one last year and now they are forcing another on my poorly developed characters! Come on!
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2009-07-17, 05:14 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "Another ladder reset? I play this game..."
If the ladder didn't reset, then there would be very little competition to get to the top, and be the best. I remember playing before the ladder came out.. it got old after awhile and it was alot more fun competing when everyone starts out the same and its a race.

It also helps the economy dramatically.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

-Spector-

Posted 2009-07-17, 06:25 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "If the ladder didn't reset, then there..."
Ladder reset is fun.. and should be done more often. It's nice to see they still do something with D2 actually.

11:49 Skurai said:
I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2009-07-17, 07:02 PM in reply to Senesia's post starting "Ladder reset is fun.. and should be..."
The thing is, I just like to have a high level Ladder char, and now I have to go and completely remake my light sorc
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2009-07-17, 08:11 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "The thing is, I just like to have a..."
Sounds like ladder isn't for you then...since it gets reset...maybe you should try non-ladder...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2009-07-17, 10:32 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Sounds like ladder isn't for you..."
Meh, I like playing ladder for some odd reason. I'll deal with the reset like I did last time.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2009-07-19, 09:28 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Sounds like ladder isn't for you..."
Well, when the new patch comes out, I'll play again. I went on a 4 month kick and it was fun but lost it luster quickly.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied