Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

[begging] for help with an equation, dealing with mf and tc
Posted 2003-03-09, 01:28 AM
Im looking for the equation that shows your exact % chance to get an item based on your mf, Ive looked through the files in the mpq's but I cant figure out how to put the equation together exactly, I know there is a calc that does this and I have emailed the person that made it but have not gotten a responce. If anybody has this equation your help would be extremely appreciated. Aside from that, after I get it I can finally finish my first vb program and release it to the public. Even tho it isnt much, it is my first and everybody has to start somewhere. Thanks in advance.

-Solitude

Last edited by Solitude; 2003-03-11 at 07:10 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Solitude is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSolitude is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Solitude

Posted 2003-03-09, 01:43 AM in reply to Solitude's post "[begging] for help with an equation,..."
Im not exactly clear on what your asking.. Do you wish to have the calc or what?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Valmar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenValmar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Valmar

Posted 2003-03-09, 03:19 AM in reply to Solitude's post "[begging] for help with an equation,..."
No what im looking for is the equation thats used as in, there has to be an equation that that gives you the outcome of what chance you have to get a certian item such as a windforce. His calc lets you enter a few variables, and then it gives you your % chance on getting the item you chose. This also includes magic, rare, set and unique. I just need the equation or "algorithim" he used to get the answer. An example would be like.

chancetogetitem = itemrarity/mf * 2

Thats just an equation I made up and probably isnt even close to the equation he uses. But I do know it depends on these variables.

your mf %
the item level
item quality - as in "rare, magic, set, unique"
mlvl - "monster level"
number of players in game

Here is a link to the calc I am getting this from.

http://stats.diabloii.net/calcs/TC/frameset.shtml

Its the item search one, maybe that will help to better explain what I need.

Last edited by Solitude; 2003-03-09 at 03:22 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Solitude is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSolitude is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Solitude

Posted 2003-03-09, 04:09 AM in reply to Solitude's post "[begging] for help with an equation,..."
Hmm... im not exactly what the algorithim is but im going to decompile the file and check the mpq files and such and ill tell you if i come up with anything.

Never mind i fell stupid now this is written in javascript i was thinking it was a downloadable file.. ill see if i can decipher the JS though.. although it will probably take a while as i do not like JS stupid shit

Last edited by Valmar; 2003-03-09 at 04:40 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Valmar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenValmar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Valmar

Posted 2003-03-11, 12:34 AM in reply to Solitude's post "[begging] for help with an equation,..."
Sry, this is a bump, im really looking for help on this information above, if anybody can help in any way please message me! I may even have some ok items for the person that does. They will be legit items and on east realm.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Solitude