Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Assassin's Creed
Posted 2007-11-15, 07:02 PM
Just wondering if anyone here is planning on getting the game, from the previews I've seen it looks amazing, and might finally be the push to get me to buy an Xbox360.
!King_Amazon! said:
Just ask the married chick he fucked.

Who Delivers ten times out of ten?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MightyJoe

Posted 2007-11-15, 08:56 PM in reply to MightyJoe's post "Assassin's Creed"
I have plans to get it but I haven't played it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-11-15, 10:58 PM in reply to MightyJoe's post "Assassin's Creed"
I would if I had a 360.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2007-11-16, 01:31 AM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "I would if I had a 360."
Everything I've read has said that it is a beautiful game with a bizarre control scheme that has a steeper than average learning curve (which strikes reviewers as odd, coming from Ubisoft). Having said that, I would like to check it out.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Vault Dweller

Posted 2007-11-16, 05:55 AM in reply to Vault Dweller's post starting "Everything I've read has said that it..."
Yes, it looks pretty badass on the commercials. I've been too into CoD 4 and Halo 3 to start up another game. By the time I'm sick of those two games that game will have plenty of reviews for me to judge on, plus the price will probably be cheaper! Hah!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2007-11-16, 07:24 AM in reply to MightyJoe's post "Assassin's Creed"
Halo 3 wasn't enough to convince you to get a 360?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-11-16, 04:17 PM in reply to Vault Dweller's post starting "Everything I've read has said that it..."
You'd be amazed at how quickly you get used to it.

I got it today for the PS3, and it's amazing!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-11-16, 05:57 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Halo 3 wasn't enough to convince you to..."
Not really, I'm honestly not that big of a multiplayer fan for Halo if I'm not around the people I'm playing with. Could be since I normally play and all my friends are over we have a good time. I played live a bit, but really just didn't enjoy it. That and I didn't want to buy a new system just for one game.
!King_Amazon! said:

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MightyJoe

Posted 2007-11-17, 12:27 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Yes, it looks pretty badass on the..."
I heard CoD 4 is fantastic.

Edit: And now that I've read the several threads devoted to CoD4, I feel that this post may win an Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Uninformed Understatement.

Last edited by Vault Dweller; 2007-11-17 at 12:36 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Vault Dweller

Posted 2007-11-17, 05:19 PM in reply to Vault Dweller's post starting "I heard CoD 4 is fantastic. Edit:..."
I got it for PS3. Solid game. Some sites have given it slightly lower reviews, this is due to the fact that it wasn't something they wanted it to be. Apparantly these people IGN,1up, etc, thought it was going to be a full fledged action game like Devil May Cry or God of War. Where that was clearly never the idea behind the game. It plays more like a Metal Gear Solid type game(minus the guns of course).

Also similar to Grand Theft Auto in terms of you can walk around and kill whoever you want. I have only played it a few hours since I have been switching between it and Mario Galaxy(an amazing game in its own right), but I would definitely say this game is solid and worth playing.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Bon Clay enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBon Clay enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Bon Clay

Posted 2007-11-17, 05:55 PM in reply to Bon Clay's post starting "I got it for PS3. Solid game. Some..."
I'm about halfway through now. Just finished my fifth assassination, and some pieces of the puzzle have clicked into place. I'm intrigued by the extra element to the game, and can't wait to finish it and find out what it's about.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-11-21, 03:07 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I'm about halfway through now. Just..."
Anddddddddddddddd finito.

I have to say, as much as I love the game, and the extra element to it, it ends far too abruptly.

Sure, it sets you up big time for a sequel, but it could have ended in a better way than it did.

For those of us that have finished it, and want to know
what the writing that you can see in Eagle Vision means
, take a look at this link:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=175552
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-11-21, 03:45 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Anddddddddddddddd finito. I have to..."
Grats lenny, without completly wrecking the ending for myself, I'm assuming that it was left open for a sequel?
!King_Amazon! said:

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

MightyJoe

Posted 2007-11-21, 03:51 PM in reply to MightyJoe's post starting "Grats lenny, without completly wrecking..."
Very much so.

And that's all I'll say on the matter.

You'll see when you get there. How far in are you?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-11-21, 09:47 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Very much so. And that's all I'll..."
Still lacking a 360 and the game, prolly won't be getting it til Christmas.
!King_Amazon! said:

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

MightyJoe

Posted 2007-11-24, 09:06 PM in reply to MightyJoe's post starting "Still lacking a 360 and the game,..."
I played through all the training the other day at a friends house. It was hard to learn, granted I was really baked though. So had the weed not been involved I think I would have picked up pretty quick. Five star game for sure.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2007-12-03, 03:47 PM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "I played through all the training the..."
For those with the PS3 version - a patch has been released to sort out some of the issues with the PS3 version. It doesn't fix everything, but some of the more noticeable flaws seem to be gone.

Start the game, and it will ask you to update when you get past the screen asking you to Press Start.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-12-03, 09:09 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "For those with the PS3 version - a..."
Liar you lie
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2007-12-04, 09:54 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Liar you lie"
No I don't. It updated for me.

Start Assassin's Creed, get past the page the asks you to press Start (when such and such an icon pops up, the console is saving, don't turn it off or you = pwned)., and it will ask you to update.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-12-04, 01:07 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "No I don't. It updated for me. ..."
Nope. I tried several times.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired