Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art > Tech Help

Need stereo wireless headphones with mic for gaming usage
Posted 2007-10-24, 09:19 PM
I find a lot of results on google, but they're all expensive and it's not clear that they'll work with the computer. Especially the issue of weather you can use the microphone for the computer is fuzzy. Does anyone have any experience with any?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2007-10-24, 09:56 PM in reply to WetWired's post "Need stereo wireless headphones with..."
Why can't you just used wired? Wireless sounds bad. I guess you don't care about audio fidelity, though... uh...

If you do opt for wired, Sennheiser makes a bunch of headsets. At least you'd be better off with those than say logitech headphones.

If wireless, make sure they are infared (IR) and not radio (RF). Speaking from experience, both are terrible, but IR is much more... tolerable. The RF wireless headphones snap crackle and pop constantly.

Last edited by GravitonSurge; 2007-10-24 at 10:07 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2007-10-24, 10:46 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Why can't you just used wired? Wireless..."
On my home computer, audio fidelity isn't my biggest concern, no. IR would kind of defeat the purpose of moving about the apt when, for example, the raid is recovering from a wipe and I don't really need to be at my comp untill they start talking about pulling.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2007-10-25, 10:29 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "On my home computer, audio fidelity..."
Have you thought about bluetooth headsets?

And what's your price range?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-10-25, 11:28 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Have you thought about bluetooth..."
Well, if I know it's going to be good, I'd go pretty high, but I've not had any luck with finding them in stores to test, so...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2007-10-25, 12:13 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "On my home computer, audio fidelity..."
I think you may just be out of luck unless you want to spend >$400. Just get whatever you can find that's cheap and try it?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2007-10-25, 02:24 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "I think you may just be out of luck..."
In this case, cheap is $100...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2007-10-25, 02:34 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "In this case, cheap is $100..."
How about just switch from headset to speakers when you want to walk away from your computer. Seriously, you wanna spend $100 for shitty headphones to use to give you 5 minutes of free time during a raid in WoW? That seems a bit off to me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-10-25, 02:42 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "In this case, cheap is $100..."
I can find headphones that are wireless, but not wireless headsets... unless you want the bluetooth headsets that are used for cell phones.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2007-10-25, 03:19 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "How about just switch from headset to..."
Obviously, that's not the only reason, but if I'm going to shell out for wireless headphones, I want that option.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2007-10-25, 05:42 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Obviously, that's not the only reason,..."
Try this list, I suppose:

http://www.a2dp.info/index.php/Getti...-Headsets.html
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2007-10-25, 08:12 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Try this list, I suppose: ..."
Yeah, the one that looked most promising,Sony DR-BT21G/B is on that list, but I can't find any reviews on it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2007-10-25, 08:26 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Yeah, the one that looked most..."
It's probably too damn obscure, like most of this stuff.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav