Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Bethesda and Console Wars
Posted 2006-12-04, 01:06 AM
Bethesda suxorz they are all putting up this shit for fallout 3 and not actually making the game those assholes how dare they mock me!

Lol jk, but seriously does anyone know about their most recent works cause I can't seem to find out if they are active on F3 or not and I will die if I can't get my hands on it.
skurai said: [Goto]
big Foot -
A Big Monkey. So?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
hotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenhotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

hotdog

Posted 2006-12-12, 07:26 AM in reply to hotdog's post "Bethesda and Console Wars"
Bethesda roxorz!!! They made Morrowind...the best pc game of all time!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Slyvr enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSlyvr enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Slyvr

Posted 2006-12-12, 08:28 AM in reply to Slyvr's post starting "Bethesda roxorz!!! They made..."
Their only in-development games at the moment are Rogue Warrior, and Oblivion for the PS3.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-12-14, 07:16 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Their only in-development games at the..."
Oblivion is also for the pc...but my pc is now considered crap and needs upgrading >.<
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Slyvr enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSlyvr enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Slyvr

Posted 2006-12-14, 10:09 AM in reply to Slyvr's post starting "Oblivion is also for the pc...but my pc..."
I know Oblivion is on the PC... it was originally a PC game. But Bethesda thought it would be a good idea to port it to the 360 and PS3.

So far they've released it on the 360, and are now putting the finishing touches on the PS3 version.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-12-29, 10:15 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I know Oblivion is on the PC... it was..."
They didn't "port" it to the 360. The game was obviously designed with it in mind from the get go.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Rurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Rurouni Storm

Posted 2006-12-30, 02:25 AM in reply to Rurouni Storm's post starting "They didn't "port" it to the 360. The..."
Rurouni Storm said:
They didn't "port" it to the 360. The game was obviously designed with it in mind from the get go.
Which is why oblivion has so many short commings.

And which is also why only the PC version is any good - because of community made mods that improve the game.

Seriously, by summer this year, oblivion will be a totally different game because of the community mods... -if modders don't give up on the game that is.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dubby is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDubby is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Dubby

Posted 2006-12-30, 06:06 AM in reply to Rurouni Storm's post starting "They didn't "port" it to the 360. The..."
So why was it not released on the 360 first of all?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-01-05, 09:06 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "So why was it not released on the 360..."
Money Lenny...money...the 360 is a pretty good market to throw games into especially since they put Morrowind on the Xbox they fgure if they put Oblivion on the 360 itll make alot of sales.

And yes praise modders because there are sooo many in development i think there were over 300 mods just for morrowind not including the Expansions.

One that caught my eyes was a way to make Oblivion look futuristic tho...its a total conversion mod and it looks pretty cool since it keeps the system and races.
big Foot -
A Big Monkey. So?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
hotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenhotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

hotdog

Posted 2007-01-05, 10:19 AM in reply to hotdog's post starting "Money Lenny...money...the 360 is a..."
For RPGs I'd say the PS market is the better of the two.

Maybe MS have made a deal with Bethesda or something to actually have it on the 360 - they need RPGs, especially if they want to do well in Japan.

Heck, when Blue Dragon came out 360 sales tripled... but it was still outsold by the Wii and the PS3. The Japanese don't seem to like the 360, methinks.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-01-06, 06:01 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "For RPGs I'd say the PS market is the..."
The Japanese are selfish when it comes to economics. They purposefully sell they're products for cheaper than others so people will buy theirs. When competitors are dead, they raise the price to normal and laugh evily.

But I sill luv them
"Ban shampoo, demand real poo"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Slyvr

Posted 2007-01-06, 07:07 PM in reply to Slyvr's post starting "The Japanese are selfish when it comes..."
IIRC, that's illegal in the US. I remember hearing something about WalMart having to take special measures to avoid prosecution on that...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2007-01-06, 07:10 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "IIRC, that's illegal in the US. I..."
It's illegal over here, too.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-01-10, 08:08 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "It's illegal over here, too."
Yes but with the way the Amercan Govt. kisses ass to people they blew up in the past you know they can get away with it if they really tried...

MS is most popular in the US but then again I hear that Nintendo makes the most sales because they don't release shit at a ridiculous price like the PS3 or 360.
big Foot -
A Big Monkey. So?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

hotdog

Posted 2007-01-11, 07:19 AM in reply to hotdog's post starting "Yes but with the way the Amercan Govt...."
At the moment the 360 has the most market share, with about 10.4 million consoles sold, simply because it's been out for a year.

Nintendo comes in second with something like 4-5 million consoles sold - a cheap and innovative console for all the family is going to sell pretty well until the novelty wears off.

The PS3 has sold Just under 1.5 million (490,000 in Japan, just over a million in America). There are still Blu-Ray Diode, though they're starting to become easier to manufacture, and the fact that it's $600 puts a lot of people off.

In America the 360 is on top, then the Wii, then the PS3.

In Japan it's a different story - the Wii has bombed it's way along, witht he PS3 coming in second with about 490,000 consoles, and the 360 with a pathetic 200,000.

It really looks as if the Japanese hate MS.

When the PS3 finally launches in Europe and PAL regions, expect to see sales rocket. We're the single biggest territory for gaming, and Sony need to pull out the stops to make us feel better about finally getting the PS3. If they make a complete hash of the launch in Europe, then they're screwed for the next few years.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-01-12, 07:47 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "At the moment the 360 has the most..."
You know why the 360 is so popular in america? It's cause most of the games are football and alot of the gangsta blacks want their foozball.
"Ban shampoo, demand real poo"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Slyvr

Posted 2007-01-12, 10:38 PM in reply to Slyvr's post starting "You know why the 360 is so popular in..."
Actually most of the black people at my college whose rooms I've seen have PS2's. I mostly see white guys with Xboxes. The dragoon elite type, basically.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2007-01-13, 03:21 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "Actually most of the black people at my..."
I wonder why there's such a divide like that?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-01-13, 08:07 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I wonder why there's such a divide like..."
Maybe it has something to do with past loyalty? For instance I have a PC and because of this I never really invested in an Xbox until way after it came out, the reason being is that every game that came out for the Xbox at the time was already out on PC so i went and got a PS2 instead. My sister who had a tons of fun with the Nintendo and the games they release of course got the GBA and Gamecube.

Just speculation but I think people base their choice off of what they like game-wise rather than console wise.
big Foot -
A Big Monkey. So?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

hotdog

Posted 2007-01-14, 06:09 AM in reply to hotdog's post starting "Maybe it has something to do with past..."
I personally think it's a bit of both.

I prefer Sony consoles over the Xboxes (to me they look ugly)... and then there is the games factor - the PlayStations just have so many more games, including lots of RPGs, and I'm a sucker for a good RPG.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny