Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Member Introductions

Posted 2008-06-24, 04:54 PM in reply to Chruser's post starting "Tynion: I don't think that shared forum..."
Chruser said: [Goto]
Tynion: I don't think that shared forum thing will work
[...]
Tynion: How can I possibly send people to a forum where they will be basically verbally abused

There goes our prospective co-operation and the possibility of gaining a siginificantly larger member base than what we have today. Oh well.
I'd just like to make a point on this, but first I need to put the original version which you edited for whatever reason.

Tynion: I don't think that shared forum thing will work
Tynion: You must understand my entire reason here
Tynion: I want to sell magazines and get money for my time
Tynion: How can I possibly send people to a forum where they will be basically verbally abused

There goes our prospective co-operation and the possibility of gaining a siginificantly larger member base than what we have today. Oh well.
This, essentially, shows exactly what I was talking about. You were planning this behind the backs of the members, but more importantly the staff. Not only that, but the guy came across as a businessman rather than a new member. His intentions are clearly shown in the conversation you had with him, but they are not clearly shown in his posts. All he wanted was to make money.

On top of that, the guy said "my magazine which I'm bringing to Zelaron" and you later replied with "Hey dude, I've read your magazine, excited for the next issue" as if you had no idea what he was talking about.

The guy came across as an asshat, not as a new member that was joining the community. He came across as an asshat because you did not let us know of his intentions. Keep blaming us for it, but the members are not the ones at fault here.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-06-24, 05:34 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I'd just like to make a point on this,..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
The guy came across as an asshat, not as a new member that was joining the community. He came across as an asshat because you did not let us know of his intentions. Keep blaming us for it, but the members are not the ones at fault here.
I won't. In re-reading, I have come to the conclusion that the "broken rules" were only borderline violations, but I admit that my own failure to inform the staff and members about our prospective co-operation with Tynion were the reason for things working out the way they did. I apologize for blaming you, members of Zelaron who felt blamed prior to the recent cancellation of my unjust blame toward you.

Of course, because no rules were arguably broken, perhaps Tynion was just unusually sensitive to our "unfriendly climate" or something to that extent. I don't expect that to change overnight, so our co-operation was likely doomed either way.

That being said, I would find it preferable for the introduction forum to carry a veil of friendliness at all times. After new members been properly lulled by our altruism, they can meander into cowboy wasteland at will for all I care.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram

Last edited by Chruser; 2008-06-24 at 05:45 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2008-06-25, 03:53 PM in reply to Chruser's post starting "I won't. In re-reading, I have come to..."
I won't. In re-reading, I have come to the conclusion that the "broken rules" were only borderline violations, but I admit that my own failure to inform the staff and members about our prospective co-operation with Tynion were the reason for things working out the way they did. I apologize for blaming you, members of Zelaron who felt blamed prior to the recent cancellation of my unjust blame toward you.

Of course, because no rules were arguably broken, perhaps Tynion was just unusually sensitive to our "unfriendly climate" or something to that extent. I don't expect that to change overnight, so our co-operation was likely doomed either way.

That being said, I would find it preferable for the introduction forum to carry a veil of friendliness at all times. After new members been properly lulled by our altruism, they can meander into cowboy wasteland at will for all I care.
Ok, my turn.

A few points to be made.

#1: No one was being 'pimped' out. It was my understanding from both Yawg and Chruser that this forum was floundering and they both were looking for a way to improve the growth of the site. At the same time, I was looking for a webhost and a potential readerbase for my magazine.

It made sense that we sit down, have a cup of coffee and see if our desires and ambitions could walk together for a while, and at the same time we could both be mutually beneficial to each other.

#2 I am not being overly sensative about anything. I am not making a magazine to be your damn friend. You don't go to work because you like your boss or your clients. You do it because you want to make money and take care of your family. Its business man. Period. My initial post was me trying to step into your world and try to be friendly. I don't even have my first issue complete yet, so how could I even try to sell you a damn thing. If you are worried because of my business like tone, well get over it. That is how I operate. I work in a professional atmosphere and have done so for ten years. I ran a website where I needed to 'kindly coerce' people who were not being paid into writing a ton of articles, and so I developed this whole personality out of necessity of getting things done.

#3: Sort of going back to the this is business thing: sure you may not think you we rude, but look at it from someones perspective other than your own. The intention was that my readers, from other spectrums of the world, were going to be directed into your community from my site. I was going to be depositing my reader base into the same hot pot that I stepped into. I made one post and I have an a-hole grilling me. Now all the sudden I am overly sensitive. You are trying to tell me that you are not going to grill the next guy who comes in and says something that doesn't fit in with your train of thought?

News flash to you sir (the first fellow who commented on me), if you guys were doing a great job of growing your community, Yawg and Chruser would not have approached me. So I guess the point of my little rant is that while you can always feel free to shed blame onto other people, I have found that most people with problems have a real hard time finding the problem when they go in search of it. You don't need to search... it right there.

Lastly.. Don't put anything on Chruser. If my understanding is correct, he owns the place and it is on his shoulders to make the tough decisions. You should be patting him on the back for finding a good partner who has the same needs and ambitions and has potential of doing what he was struggling to do at the time, grow his network.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tynion is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenTynion is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Tynion

Posted 2008-06-25, 04:09 PM in reply to Tynion's post starting "Ok, my turn. A few points to be..."
If you're looking for returns on investment, you might want to look into stocks, currency trading, or something. Webzines aren't exactly the next gold rush.

By the way -- if you're doing great enough to criticize or management's performance then why's a "floundering" forum beneficial to your business? Sounds like things could be a bit more sunny .

Last edited by Willkillforfood; 2008-06-25 at 04:20 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-06-25, 07:02 PM in reply to Tynion's post starting "Ok, my turn. A few points to be..."
Tynion said: [Goto]
Ok, my turn.

A few points to be made.

#1: No one was being 'pimped' out. It was my understanding from both Yawg and Chruser that this forum was floundering and they both were looking for a way to improve the growth of the site. At the same time, I was looking for a webhost and a potential readerbase for my magazine.

It made sense that we sit down, have a cup of coffee and see if our desires and ambitions could walk together for a while, and at the same time we could both be mutually beneficial to each other.

#2 I am not being overly sensative about anything. I am not making a magazine to be your damn friend. You don't go to work because you like your boss or your clients. You do it because you want to make money and take care of your family. Its business man. Period. My initial post was me trying to step into your world and try to be friendly. I don't even have my first issue complete yet, so how could I even try to sell you a damn thing. If you are worried because of my business like tone, well get over it. That is how I operate. I work in a professional atmosphere and have done so for ten years. I ran a website where I needed to 'kindly coerce' people who were not being paid into writing a ton of articles, and so I developed this whole personality out of necessity of getting things done.

#3: Sort of going back to the this is business thing: sure you may not think you we rude, but look at it from someones perspective other than your own. The intention was that my readers, from other spectrums of the world, were going to be directed into your community from my site. I was going to be depositing my reader base into the same hot pot that I stepped into. I made one post and I have an a-hole grilling me. Now all the sudden I am overly sensitive. You are trying to tell me that you are not going to grill the next guy who comes in and says something that doesn't fit in with your train of thought?

News flash to you sir (the first fellow who commented on me), if you guys were doing a great job of growing your community, Yawg and Chruser would not have approached me. So I guess the point of my little rant is that while you can always feel free to shed blame onto other people, I have found that most people with problems have a real hard time finding the problem when they go in search of it. You don't need to search... it right there.

Lastly.. Don't put anything on Chruser. If my understanding is correct, he owns the place and it is on his shoulders to make the tough decisions. You should be patting him on the back for finding a good partner who has the same needs and ambitions and has potential of doing what he was struggling to do at the time, grow his network.
Yawn.

If your response is how you'd respond to a business partner's uninformed staff members, I would personally wish you a nice life. We may be floundering, but I wouldn't whore my site out to a flippant webzine producer who flames in ignorance.

That's Chruser's decision, however.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2008-06-25, 07:21 PM in reply to Tynion's post starting "Ok, my turn. A few points to be..."
My initial post was me trying to step into your world and try to be friendly. I don't even have my first issue complete yet, so how could I even try to sell you a damn thing. If you are worried because of my business like tone, well get over it.
[...]
The intention was that my readers, from other spectrums of the world, were going to be directed into your community from my site. I was going to be depositing my reader base into the same hot pot that I stepped into. I made one post and I have an a-hole grilling me. Now all the sudden I am overly sensitive. You are trying to tell me that you are not going to grill the next guy who comes in and says something that doesn't fit in with your train of thought?
Just a couple of things here. You have NO magazine, but a huge reader base that is going to make our website enormous? I'm amused.

Secondly, You did come in here with a businesslike attitude. This isn't a business for me. I don't come here to get sold. I come here to chat. If you want to chat, talk to me like a friend. You got a cold response, BECAUSE YOU HAD A COLD POST.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
khwiii enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzkhwiii enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

khwiii

Posted 2008-06-25, 07:59 PM in reply to Tynion's post starting "Ok, my turn. A few points to be..."
Ok, my turn.

A few points to be made.

Asshats aren't welcome here. Bye bye now!

You claim you were "trying to step into our world and be friendly," yet you claim you don't make a magazine to be our friend?

Regardless, your intentions were not to be a "member of the community" but rather a "business-partner." At this point, I'm pretty sure all business is off and that is unlikely to change. I don't (and didn't) particularly care that you were going to be a business partner, but at the time of your posting, Chruser and Yawgmoth were the only ones informed of that. If you hadn't mentioned Yawgmoth's name, you would have been banned straight away for advertising.

Nobody here flamed you or was even rude to you. You've overreacted, and now you're coming across as even more of an asshat.

Chruser might decide that he actually still wants to persue some sort of business relationship with you, and he might disagree with me, but for now you're taking a hike.

By the way, you're going to be a failure. Business is not for you. Do something else, you're horrible at this.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-06-26, 04:48 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Asshats aren't welcome here. Bye bye..."
I do not see banning as the obvious solution to an argument. Also, I happen to agree with Tynion so... Yeah, I am not sure if I should waste any efforts on trying to argue against you.

"That surface that tells the Heavens it hath an end, cannot persuade me I have any."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Yawgmoth enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzYawgmoth enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Yawgmoth

Posted 2008-06-26, 07:31 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Asshats aren't welcome here. Bye bye..."
The dude really got banned over this? lol. I love our community.

Oh yeah, and Tynion: screw off. But I think you already got the point.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-06-26, 08:49 AM in reply to Yawgmoth's post starting "I do not see banning as the obvious..."
Yawgmoth said: [Goto]
I do not see banning as the obvious solution to an argument. Also, I happen to agree with Tynion so... Yeah, I am not sure if I should waste any efforts on trying to argue against you.
You have bias.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-06-26, 10:21 PM in reply to Yawgmoth's post starting "I do not see banning as the obvious..."
Then unban him. I don't think anyone really gives a shit, I enjoy slapping around nerdraging asshats who take themselves entirely too seriously.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2008-06-27, 11:47 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Then unban him. I don't think anyone..."
This is why I prefer dictatorship, interacting with people is irritating... And time consuming.

Also, Tynion is now unbanned - if you disagree with my decision... Blargh. If you have good points present them rationally and I will give them proper consideration, etc.

"That surface that tells the Heavens it hath an end, cannot persuade me I have any."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Yawgmoth enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzYawgmoth enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Yawgmoth

Posted 2008-06-27, 02:17 PM in reply to Yawgmoth's post starting "This is why I prefer dictatorship,..."
He doesn't seem like he wants to be posting here, but I don't care if he's banned or not. Actually, if he posts here it's easier to give him a hard time .
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-06-27, 05:08 PM in reply to Yawgmoth's post starting "This is why I prefer dictatorship,..."
This is why I prefer dictatorship, interacting with people is irritating... And time consuming.

Also, Tynion is now unbanned - if you disagree with my decision... Blargh. If you have good points present them rationally and I will give them proper consideration, etc.
[22:40] Zelaron: I don't think it was an unjustified ban.
[22:40] Zelaron: Asshattery is a nuisance.

There are my good, rational points. REBANNED BITCH!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-06-27, 05:25 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "[22:40] Zelaron: I don't think it was..."
Not good enough, do not ban him again.

EDIT: Communicate with Christian again before you attempt retaliation.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Yawgmoth

Posted 2008-06-27, 05:52 PM in reply to Yawgmoth's post starting "Not good enough, do not ban him again...."
Not good enough, do not ban him again.
Well excuse the fuck out of me, I didn't realize you had authority over me. I'll kindly bow down and let you fuck me in the ass now, Master.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-06-27, 07:34 PM in reply to Yawgmoth's post starting "Not good enough, do not ban him again...."
EDIT: Communicate with Christian again before you attempt retaliation.
[18:25] Zelaron: You are right and Yawgmoth is wrong.

K? K.

K.

Unfortunately, Tynion is now unbannable, since WW seems to think that rather than figuring out why we are arguing, it's better to simply end the argument by forced submission. Either way, I chose to ban him, and Chruser seemed to support my decision. You unbanned him without giving any valid reason other than that you disagree with me and agree with him. On top of that, you had the audacity to say that if I disagree with you, I should post my points in a rational way for you to consider. Bull-fucking-shit. I don't have to submit a request to ban someone to you for your approval.

Honestly, I don't give two shits about Tynion. He most likely won't return, and if he does, and he acts like an asshat again, he'll be removed, simple as that.

What I do care about is the fact that you seem to think that you hold some sort of authority over me, as well as the forum as a whole, and the fact that you seem to think that your opinions are always correct, regardless of anything else. You're not going to come here and start running the show, so long as I've got any say in what happens around here, and you're certainly not going to boss me around.

The only thing you've got on me is the fact that you know Chruser personally. I've got a good 5 years or so of membership, as well as thousands of posts. You will not boss me around, scrub. You are nothing but a joke to me, and at the very least to a majority of the visitors of this forum. The only reason you're still around (or here at all) is because you know Chruser. The fact that you know Chruser doesn't mean SHIT to me.

Last edited by !King_Amazon!; 2008-06-27 at 07:56 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-06-27, 07:46 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "[18:25] Zelaron: You are right and..."
Can you say...

Ass, Rape?

+rep for you K_A
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-06-27, 08:00 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "[18:25] Zelaron: You are right and..."
You forget, K_A, for this to actually be considered in-fighting, shouldn't there be more than one staff member involved. Wait, he's a mod? What the bloody hell? Why was someone who's fresh off the metaphorical boat given a moderator position? Last time I checked mods were the members that have been around for ages, have good input, aren't completely fucking clueless, and furthermore aren't flagrant asshats.

Second of all, why was everyone kept in the dark about this situation? I don't expect the normal members to know everything that goes on behind the scenes, but the hell was going through your head keeping it from the staff as well? Isn't their cooperation a rather desired thing, seeing as they're some of the most dedicated members this forum has? If this was your idea to bring some activity you sure as hell took the wrong route about getting there.

Bad mojo, man. Seriously bad mojo.

And as for you, Yawnmoth? Well I just plain don't fucking like you. Seriously, where the hell do you get off being a prick? Perhaps K_A was a bit hasty on the ban, but that's not my place to judge. But seeing as you're the minority in this situation, perhaps you'd be better of letting sleeping dogs lie? Chruser apparently doesn't agree with you, the rest of the forum sure as HELL doesn't agree with you, hell you probably don't even agree with your own damn self.

Let me put it this way, perhaps you can understand it. You know damn well where the door is, as do we. Kindly walk your irritating little ass through it before the bouncers heave your ass out face first.

Last edited by Slim; 2008-06-27 at 08:05 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Slim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeSlim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Slim

Posted 2008-06-28, 04:13 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "[18:25] Zelaron: You are right and..."
This is annoying...

I am not sure of what context your quote is from, I am not sure why Christian would write that (might have something to do with him being inhuman enough to be interesting,) but I assume that since Newton's, Christian's and my own happen to coincide and since we all seem to share the belief that guaranteing interesting content for the Zelaron Portal is paramount to our interests - I see no reason for him to support this irritating jojo-banning of Tynion.

You have no good reason to ban him, the advertising-claim is now nullified as we are/were working with him on introducing his/our magazine to this forum. Sure, he did it a little early as we did not warn you that a new user would come and present our little project.

Then you accused him of being an "asshat" (very disturbing imagery) - without reasoning as to why his latest post made him a man who has his head up his ass.

What he basically said (in my perspective) was that we asked him to help us, we could give him a webhost and a readerbase. I introduced Chris and Christian, then they discussed their plans. Seeing as we could both benefit out of this, it seemed that all of us agreed that a launching the magazine through the portal might be a good idea.

Then he tries to explain that he was trying to be a friendly businessman, but that he didn't do it to be your friend. He simply wants to make money. Then he tries to explain his tone, and tones are not always fully translatable through the internets.

Then he pointed out that from his perspective you were rude, this does not welcome new users to a community/forum. They are usually scared and afraid of the big guys. He didn't want his readers to get that experience as it would not be optimum for business.

Then he explains why I approached him and for some reason includes Chruser, but it was actually I who acted as a middle man because I am involved with both projects. Then he said that the problem with your forum was obvious to him, implying the behaviour of it's users.

Lastly he said something about Christian being the owner and that you should respect him. Blah.

While this going through his post seems quite meaningless, I see no evidence of asshattery - I know that I am biased, but I think you (!King_Amazon!) are clearly overreacting. Tynion did nothing to exclusively offend you nor did he break any law I know of here. Whatever misinformation Christian attempts to sow between you and me doesn't matter, but Tynion did nothing that qualifies him as being worthy of banning.

I mean there are lots of insults around here and no one of the old guys get banned for it. Tynion does something that could be interpreted as arguing or acting like an ass and gets turbo-banned. This is not optimum.

All Christian's talk of the cooperation being void is not fully true, sure the forums are caustic and full of bile - but I intend to kill the stagnation. I am still working with Tynion and I am still working with Christian, I am unsure of their current status with each other as they are fucking hard to talk with.

I think that another Supreme Moderator (whatever I did to "earn" that (I simply asked Christian) I still have the title) disagreeing with your decision should be enough. Thus instead of banning and unbanning him for all eternity, we should discuss it. You should post your reasons for banning him as I see none.

If you don't give any shit about this (I am unsure of why anyone would give shit) why do you continue to ban Tynion, time and time again? You don't know anything about him and since you continue to ban him he can't answer any of this. Thus not giving him any chance at all to prove or disprove your claims of asshattery.

Yes, you have problems with me and my ways. I do not think that my opinions are always correct, but as no one else seems to do anything - why shouldn't I do something? At least it makes everyone angry and then we get an end to the stagnation.

@Slim: Cute.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Yawgmoth