Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

ISO Of GOOD Baal Sorc Guide
Posted 2004-01-21, 04:05 PM
Hey!! I have the items I jus need a good build!!! plz help!!! this is for USWest Softcore HELL BAAL MF RUNS... heres my gear, tell me what skills to max and stuff, where to distribute my stats ( get max block or get like 150+ vit )......... all of this stuff! please help

my gear is

PT Shako
Maras
Ist Occy
Ber Stormshield
Enigma
Goldwrap
2 Soj
War Travs
Chance Guards

im thinking maybe go with wizspike (facet prolly) and stormshield to keep res high while getting to ToD and owning minions.. then using Ist Occy + a lidless/stormshield/rhyme/good rune word?? for switch... err plz help! everything is appreciated except flaming THANKS

BTW
my merc uses (act2nm = holyfreeze)
amnamn bonehew, .08 cham gaze, chains of honor

Last edited by WarWing; 2004-01-21 at 04:10 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WarWing is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenWarWing is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

WarWing

Posted 2004-01-21, 05:15 PM in reply to WarWing's post "ISO Of GOOD Baal Sorc Guide"
mmm.. some help would be nice ;/ plz <3

WarWing said:
Hey!! I have the items I jus need a good build!!! plz help!!! this is for USWest Softcore HELL BAAL MF RUNS... heres my gear, tell me what skills to max and stuff, where to distribute my stats ( get max block or get like 150+ vit )......... all of this stuff! please help

my gear is

PT Shako
Maras
Ist Occy
Ber Stormshield
Enigma
Goldwrap
2 Soj
War Travs
Chance Guards

im thinking maybe go with wizspike (facet prolly) and stormshield to keep res high while getting to ToD and owning minions.. then using Ist Occy + a lidless/stormshield/rhyme/good rune word?? for switch... err plz help! everything is appreciated except flaming THANKS

BTW
my merc uses (act2nm = holyfreeze)
amnamn bonehew, .08 cham gaze, chains of honor
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WarWing is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenWarWing is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

WarWing

Posted 2004-01-21, 06:03 PM in reply to WarWing's post starting "mmm.. some help would be nice ;/ plz..."
WarWing said:
mmm.. some help would be nice ;/ plz <3
OK, first... slowthehelldown!

You gave us 70 minutes to help you. Considering none of this is live chat, you gotta give it a while before someone responds.

If you want to do Hell Baal runs, I'd recommend a Blizzard sorceress as most things there are Fire Immune.

Things to max: Blizzard/Glacial Spike/Ice Blast/Ice Bolt/Cold Mastery(Maybe).

Aside from that, just get your other useful skills like static and teleport, and you should be straight.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-01-21, 06:18 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "OK, first... slowthehelldown! You..."
uhh sry.. im a little impatient ;/ but i not sure how good my merc will be.. will he be able to take cold immunes?? ;/
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WarWing

Posted 2004-01-21, 06:37 PM in reply to WarWing's post starting "uhh sry.. im a little impatient ;/ but..."
WarWing said:
uhh sry.. im a little impatient ;/ but i not sure how good my merc will be.. will he be able to take cold immunes?? ;/
Merc wise, I'd get a barb merc. Stack some life leech on him and make sure he's got a good sword, and you should be fine.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-01-21, 06:50 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Merc wise, I'd get a barb merc. Stack..."
but wat about holyfreeze! >_<
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WarWing

Posted 2004-01-21, 09:07 PM in reply to WarWing's post starting "but wat about holyfreeze! >_<"
WarWing said:
but wat about holyfreeze! >_<

If you're making an Ice Sorceress, it's kind of redundant...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-01-21, 09:08 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "If you're making an Ice Sorceress, it's..."
personally im thinking going

20firebolt
20fireball
20meteor
20orb
10cm
1-10fm
1-5warmth
1 prereqs static n teleport
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WarWing

Posted 2004-01-22, 04:43 PM in reply to WarWing's post starting "personally im thinking going ..."
Blizzard would be the skill of choice for Baal runs. Generally a blizz sorc relies only on blizzard and no other spells (cold immunes are a killer, though your merc should be able to take out those skeles in the second wave).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kockblocker1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkockblocker1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

kockblocker1

Posted 2004-01-22, 09:11 PM in reply to kockblocker1's post starting "Blizzard would be the skill of choice..."
kockblocker1 said:
Blizzard would be the skill of choice for Baal runs.
Ok your an idiot because you can't do hell ballruns with blizzard k?
there is always immune to cold people such as dark lords and most the time the minions of baal have are immune to cold. a sorc usally can't do a baal run by her self. Even pindle hell is immune to cold quite often. The whole reason i made my leet blizzard sorc was for pindle bot but 2/3 of the time he is immune to cold...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
nddwind is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweennddwind is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

nddwind

Posted 2004-01-23, 12:38 PM in reply to nddwind's post starting "Ok your an idiot because you can't do..."
Can't do hell Baal runs with blizzard and a merc huh? Ok. Whatever dude.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kockblocker1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkockblocker1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

kockblocker1

Posted 2004-01-23, 01:21 PM in reply to kockblocker1's post starting "Can't do hell Baal runs with blizzard..."
kockblocker1 said:
Can't do hell Baal runs with blizzard and a merc huh? Ok. Whatever dude.
even with a merc, it would take a hell long time to kill all the cold immunes in hell... even with leet gear

maybe possible but time consuming
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Umpc is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenUmpc is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Umpc

Posted 2004-01-23, 02:05 PM in reply to Umpc's post starting "even with a merc, it would take a hell..."
Not really. If you teleport straight to the throne, the hardest part is dealing with the cold immunes that are in that room. Once baal's minions come the only cold immune that spawns are those skeleton mages from the second wave. If you teleport right up to them your merc makes quick work of them. Of course sometimes one of the minion bosses will spawn cold immune as a second mod, but because its just a single monster my merc can take care of them in a reasonable amount of time (because the initial blizzards will take care of his buddies). I don't recall the total run time from the game creation to the death of Baal but it doesn't take that long.

As for the gear part, I use TalÂ’s set; merc uses vamp, Leviathan, and a doom eth crypt axe.

In regard to the original post, you should be good with your gear, weapon switch and merc setup. I play SC USWest Ladder too so maybe I will see ya around some time :-)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

kockblocker1

uhh
Posted 2004-01-23, 03:03 PM in reply to kockblocker1's post starting "Not really. If you teleport straight..."
its recently been changed...
im using

pt shako
30 maras
178 eth ist skulders
ber ss + wizspike SWITCH ist occy + 4ist monarch
50 travs
40 chances
goldwrap
2 soj

lotsve life charms and some res charms

kockblocker1 said:
Not really. If you teleport straight to the throne, the hardest part is dealing with the cold immunes that are in that room. Once baal's minions come the only cold immune that spawns are those skeleton mages from the second wave. If you teleport right up to them your merc makes quick work of them. Of course sometimes one of the minion bosses will spawn cold immune as a second mod, but because its just a single monster my merc can take care of them in a reasonable amount of time (because the initial blizzards will take care of his buddies). I don't recall the total run time from the game creation to the death of Baal but it doesn't take that long.

As for the gear part, I use TalÂ’s set; merc uses vamp, Leviathan, and a doom eth crypt axe.

In regard to the original post, you should be good with your gear, weapon switch and merc setup. I play SC USWest Ladder too so maybe I will see ya around some time :-)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WarWing

Posted 2004-01-23, 03:13 PM in reply to nddwind's post starting "Ok your an idiot because you can't do..."
nddwind said:
Ok your an idiot because you can't do hell ballruns with blizzard k?
You'd have to have the godliest lightning sorc then, because you CERTAINLY can't do it with a Fire Sorc solo.

The Blizzard sorc has a hope, at least.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-01-23, 03:14 PM in reply to WarWing's post "uhh"
After looking at it again I noticed... Why would you need to do baal mf runs anyway? Looks like you got kick ass gear already, guess you just want more. Have fun man.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

kockblocker1

Posted 2004-01-23, 03:24 PM in reply to kockblocker1's post starting "After looking at it again I noticed......"
dude!! that may be kickass gear.. but its my only equiped char.. and i would like to mf and get good/godly finds to equip on my vast ammount of stripped lvl80+ characters >_<
kockblocker1 said:
After looking at it again I noticed... Why would you need to do baal mf runs anyway? Looks like you got kick ass gear already, guess you just want more. Have fun man.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WarWing