Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Life Discussion

So
Posted 2008-07-08, 02:22 PM
Things are looking up. Job hunting right now (looking to maybe become a teller) and that's going pretty slow given I have no car of my own and whatnot. School is looking rather upbeat, actually. Looked into USM (University of Southern Mississippi) and they have a lot of good language, theater, film, and secondary teaching licensing courses.

As for family, well, I picked a helluva time to come back. Lot of internal conflict over different forms of Catholocism, so they're not as tight-knit as they had been before I left and it always feels really tense and weird when I'm around them as a group.

That's it for now.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2008-07-08, 08:01 PM in reply to KagomJack's post "So"
You shouldn't blame your problems on religion, religion is a wonderful thing. You need Jesus.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hancock is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenHancock is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hancock

Posted 2008-07-08, 11:29 PM in reply to KagomJack's post "So"
Hey, Kagom. Congrats on things looking up. You've seemed kind of despondant lately.

Rock on, dude.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Vault Dweller

Posted 2008-07-09, 09:22 AM in reply to Hancock's post starting "You shouldn't blame your problems on..."
I needed a good laugh :]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2008-07-09, 09:51 AM in reply to Hancock's post starting "You shouldn't blame your problems on..."
Only weak people need Jesus.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-07-09, 12:17 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Only weak people need Jesus."
----------D 0
/l\
/\ ......................................... dead
Tim
I know you
said not to
deal w/ them
I didn't think
I'm lost and
I'm sorry
They Know
Run
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
jamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed it

jamer123

Posted 2008-07-09, 02:13 PM in reply to KagomJack's post "So"
It's not so much the religion as it is personal weakness. Seems like your family is made up of those typical people who need everyone or the majority to agree with them otherwise they don't feel right.

Keep up the good work on the other stuff though. Sounds like a win.
skurai said: [Goto]
big Foot -
A Big Monkey. So?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
hotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenhotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

hotdog

Posted 2008-07-09, 08:22 PM in reply to jamer123's post starting "----------D 0 /l\ ..."
Y'all need to stop derailing now.

Hot Dog: It's a division caused by shit I've known about longer than any of 'em. Just never thought it'd come and break 'em up like it has. Otherwise things are looking up.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack

Posted 2008-07-11, 12:35 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "Y'all need to stop derailing now. ..."
Just don't take anything from a stranger with a green fedora. Keep it rolling in the good zone. I say you should go for the teaching since you like kids so much. But what do I know about your ambitions eh? Go for the schooling if any of it interests you.

P.S. I finally understand that sig now. Took long enough but it made me laugh pretty hard.
big Foot -
A Big Monkey. So?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
hotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenhotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

hotdog

Posted 2008-07-11, 12:46 PM in reply to hotdog's post starting "Just don't take anything from a..."
mine hotdog?
Tim
I know you
said not to
deal w/ them
I didn't think
I'm lost and
I'm sorry
They Know
Run
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
jamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed it

jamer123

Posted 2008-07-11, 01:24 PM in reply to hotdog's post starting "Just don't take anything from a..."
I want to get licensed as a teacher, but I do want to try and get into film. I figure, though, I'd best be realistic and realize I may never get into film and having a job as a teacher would be pretty cool with me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack

Posted 2008-07-11, 04:19 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "I want to get licensed as a teacher,..."
A teacher of a single subject at a secondary school, or a class teacher at a primary school?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2008-07-11, 07:52 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "A teacher of a single subject at a..."
Lenny said: [Goto]
A teacher of a single subject at a secondary school, or a class teacher at a primary school?
Bad Lenny. Rubbing that superior education system in my face.

Seriously though I have never heard of a Primary or Secondary School. We have Grade/Elementary School, Junior High, and High School. After that we have Colleges. Some of them try in vain to call themselves Academies and Universities...but we know the truth

I will make it to Europe someday...I swear it.

Back to topic why do you think you won't realisticly make it into film? My sisters husband made his own movies and he still has no education but he is somewhat famous around here. I would imagine with enough go-getter attitude you could do at least the same.
big Foot -
A Big Monkey. So?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

hotdog

Posted 2008-07-11, 10:03 PM in reply to hotdog's post starting "Bad Lenny. Rubbing that superior..."
FYI, secondary = middle to high school. That's also for Lenny. I'd be certified to teach children between 13 and 18.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack

Posted 2008-07-12, 06:53 AM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "FYI, secondary = middle to high school...."
So would you be teaching a single subject, or all subjects to a single class each year... or does that actually depend on the type of school you go to?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2008-07-12, 07:54 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "So would you be teaching a single..."
Kagom's gonna be the p.e. teacher.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-07-12, 11:15 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "So would you be teaching a single..."
I'm wanting to teach German or English. Maybe both if possible.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack

Posted 2008-07-12, 05:48 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "I'm wanting to teach German or English...."
Teach German please. That way you can hire me as an aid since I can speak German too. I need a job...
big Foot -
A Big Monkey. So?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

hotdog

Posted 2008-07-12, 10:45 PM in reply to hotdog's post starting "Teach German please. That way you can..."
Du kannst Deutsch sprechen? Ich hab das nicht gewissen!

I need to improve it a bit first before I teach it. I want to also study abroad too (German or Austria for one term and then France or Italy for another).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack

Posted 2008-07-14, 10:15 AM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "Du kannst Deutsch sprechen? Ich hab..."
KagomJack said: [Goto]
Du kannst Deutsch sprechen? Ich hab das nicht gewissen!
Whoa I need to brush up on it too. I can only translate about 90% of that...the last word evades me...it's right there too on the tip of my tongue! Blast!

"You can speak German? I have the ____ ____!"

The first part is not to be confused with "Kannst du sprechen die Deutsch?" which is "Can you speak German?" the die is optional but I have seen it used fairly often.

I forget if nicht was night or not. Depending on which one it is it changes the way the sentence would be written in english. If it's night it would be "I have the night _____" in which case one could better speculate what that last word means. (Damnit now I'm just deciphering the language).

However if it's not then the sentence could be this, "I have not/haven't the ____."

In which case one could start trying to fill in the blank with the appropriate words and try to make something that makes sense. Like the word patience.

"I have not/haven't the patience!" would make sense but so would other words. Especially since the whole sentence sounds like this. "You can speak German? I haven't the patience!" That does not sound on topic. Especially since you said you needed to brush up on it meaning you already know it so this finish does not work since it implies that you do not know it and are too impatient to learn it.

KagomJack said: [Goto]
I need to improve it a bit first before I teach it. I want to also study abroad too (German or Austria for one term and then France or Italy for another).
Best place to go to study it is in Germany. Because the frequent use of pictures to help with the words so you actually learn it like you learned to speak english from your parents with those little picture books. Not to mention the frequent usage of German in Germany would only help to learn it faster and better.

EDIT: I swear to god the word mind keeps popping up...gewissen would mean something similar to mind or mentality. I think it's like concscience. Or however that is spelled.
big Foot -
A Big Monkey. So?

Last edited by hotdog; 2008-07-14 at 10:19 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

hotdog