Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Too Human
Posted 2008-08-20, 04:15 PM
My review... (Portions of this review include other gamer's statements; including, Gamespot Forums, Gamefaqs, and Kevin Pereira. However most of this review is my own)

First Impression : Seeing the game being demo'd was truly a very grasping experienced. I hadnt done much research on the game and had decided i would purchase it on its release date. Simply from the visuals alone.

Gameplay Impression : The game had lived up to everything i thought it would be. The rumors of glitches, and unfinished material was true unfortunetly. However they aren't major in anyway shape or form. The gameplay itself is more then enough to rule out the minor glitches. The genre of this game is alot like Mass Effect with the idea changed from GUN FOCUSED to MELEE FOCUSED. You level up fairly quickly and are tearing up the levels from the second you pop the game in. Flying from wall to wall with the tap of an analog stick makes it truely amazing. Althought it takes some time to get used to, you aren't aloud alot of control of the camera. Your given several options that can be accessed through your directional pad (up and down). Ranging from close, to far - also two custom features known as 'stretegic' and 'iso' (im unsure of the funtions of these two). You also get the "position the camera behind my back for this moment button" also known as LB (Left Bumper). You will quickly get a hold on things and be finishing up the first level within an hour or so. There are only four levels in this game, approxemitly 10 hours of gameplay and cinematics. Many of the fighting is very simply, as simple as it is to tap your r-analog stick in the direction of your desired slide. However there are certain fights that do require some tactics. Your tactics consist of rolling and jumping away from the enemies attacks, and or missles. More so then not you are dodging missles from enemies futher away then your current battle, with everything going on it does make this quiet a challenge.

Lasting Impression : The replay factor is good. You can choose to play the entire campaign over again, or you can teleport via Aesir's navigation center. You can select to go staight to the end bosses of each of the four levels. Or you can choose to go to the highend mass battles to level up. (I found that just playing through the campaign again is your best bet). There are also things you missed your first time through that you can now aquire with your newly formed skills.

Co-Op Impression : I have yet to play on Co-Op (my name is c3az hit me up if you wanna give it a shot). I have however watched Kevin Pereira's review and he mentioned that there was at a time that he fell through the universe into a huge black void - it took him 4 tries to actually connect with his friend. He also said that once he was connected it was just as fun as single player, except now you get to see it done twice as much. Ive heard that your experience gain isnt rendered by a higher level character, and the game favors the higher level. So if a level 17 joined a game with a level 45. The enemies on that created game would be roughly level 45-50. So essentially you can powerlevel your friends however they will be doing alot of (dodge duck dip dive and dodge)ing as to avoid a 1 hit kill. There is a set amount of experience a low level can obtain however you will notice the boost.

The game has alot to offer with customizable armor and specific armor sets for each class. There are also many runes to be aquired (theres an achievement for obtaining 1000, so that should give you an idea of the amount available). Along side runes are Charm Quests. Charm quests typically consist of "Kill so-and-so x amount of times" or "find so-and-so x amount of times" That is the 1st part of the quest, for example...

Rune of Dark Troll Slaying (made it up)
Slay 0/300 trolls
$ # * (

[1st Line] Your Charms Name
[2nd Line] Your Charm Quest
[3rd Line] The required Runes to complete your quest

Each charm has a set # of runes below the initial quest. Once you finish the first charm quest you will need to insert the corresponding runes into each socket to activate the charm. Then equip the charm and you will begin to recieve the benefits of the charm itself. Usually consisting of "On contact burn enemy"

{gamertag} "c3az"
Level 50 Cybernetic Champion

Last edited by Kazilla; 2008-08-27 at 07:10 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-08-22, 03:25 AM in reply to zxevil176's post "Lenny's Super Fantastic Thread of..."
Sadly that seems to be the trend with a lot of current-gen games - full price for eight to ten hours.

Did you see the earliest trailers and videos of Too Human, back when the company was complaining about the Unreal Engine being shite? If so, how much has it been improved since then?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2008-08-25, 06:36 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Sadly that seems to be the trend with a..."
Is this only on Xbox 360?

Stanley Cups
2015 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2014 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2013 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2012 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2011 Stanley Cup Champions: The Boston Bruins. C-Zdeno Chara
2010 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks C-Jonathon Toews
2009 Stanley Cup Champions: The Pittsburgh Penguins C-Sidney Crosby
2008 Stanley Cup Champions: The Detroit Red Wings C-Nicklas Lidstrom
2007 Stanley Cup Champions: The Ducks Of Anaheim C-Scott Neidermayer
2006 Stanley Cup Champions: The Carolina Hurricanes C-Rod Brind'Amour
2004 Stanley Cup Champions: The Tampa Bay Lightning C-Dave Andreychuk

Longevity

TWELVE YEAR VETERAN (October 2002)

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
quikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifequikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

quikspy67

Posted 2008-08-25, 06:57 PM in reply to quikspy67's post starting "Is this only on Xbox 360?"
Yes, it's an Xbox360 exclusive. Too Human is the first in a trilogy to come.

Last edited by Kazilla; 2008-08-25 at 09:18 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-08-26, 11:01 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "Yes, it's an Xbox360 exclusive. Too..."
I reached level 49 tonight, and have equiped a Level 50 Elite Weapon (It's considered Level50 elite because it goes along with your level 50 elite armor set). It looks awesome, a glowy red tone. Im not 100% sure that I will max my character tonight, i will probably be 1/2 way. Either way after that I have to begin the Dungeon farming for my elite set. Once i have finished my set ill post some screen shots of it.

Last edited by Kazilla; 2008-08-27 at 07:10 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-08-27, 04:11 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "I reached level 49 tonight, and have..."
Only on 360 must not be that great unless its as sweet as Mass Effect.

Stanley Cups

Longevity

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
quikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifequikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

quikspy67

Posted 2008-08-27, 06:19 AM in reply to quikspy67's post starting "Only on 360 must not be that great..."
quikspy67 said: [Goto]
Only on 360 must not be that great unless its as sweet as Mass Effect.
If you asked me to rate Mass Effect Vs Too Human, I would have to say Mass Effect is alot more indepth. Has alot more for you to do, but that is in no way saying that Too Human is borring or inefficient.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-08-27, 08:56 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "If you asked me to rate Mass Effect Vs..."
the only reason i hate this game is because it keeps your attention away from me 24/7, and i've never even played this game. hopefully you'll just get bored of the game once you get enough out of it
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tuttifrutti shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeTuttifrutti shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Tuttifrutti

Posted 2008-08-27, 10:04 PM in reply to Tuttifrutti's post starting "the only reason i hate this game is..."
That might be possible. However i have over 35 hours played and have yet to find a single piece of my elite armor. I have the sword tho, hmm 6 more pieces to go. Oh yea and then there is like 4 other classes i can play it all over again, and comming soon to xbox live downloadable content, new classes!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-08-28, 09:46 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "That might be possible. However i have..."
oh... yay... i'm so thrilled for you, can you tell? can you see my thrillness?? yeah, cause it's not really there :P i need a game lol, i get too bored at home >.<
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tuttifrutti shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeTuttifrutti shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Tuttifrutti

Posted 2008-08-28, 09:54 AM in reply to Tuttifrutti's post starting "oh... yay... i'm so thrilled for you,..."
you have made every single family you have ever seen on the sims - what game do you want?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-08-28, 11:27 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "you have made every single family you..."
Farming

It is alot like diablo mf. What is different is that Silicon Knights tell you what your 'cap' is. (15%) So you equip your 'Loot Find' and enter a dungeon where you can either pop straight to the boss and farm him, or go through the entire level opening obelisks along the way. (an obelisk in this game is kind of like a treasure chest in that when you open it you get items, some require you to complete arena's before they activate allowing you to open them, others you just have to find). Either way it is still a long grueling grind. 40 hours played approx 13 hours @ level 50 and i have found the best weapon for my class/alignment in the game. I am currently still looking for any of my elite armor pieces.

Denis Dyack of Silicon Knights has confirmed that tokens are directly related to loot drop chances.

Last edited by Kazilla; 2008-08-29 at 07:25 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-08-28, 01:23 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "Farming It is alot like diablo mf...."
Elite Armor Sets

Cybernetic:

Beserker =
Defender =
Champion = Forged Spirit of the Undying Huscarl
Commando =
Bio Engineer

Human:

Beserker =
Defender =
Champion =
Commando =
Bio Engineer =

I'll update it as I find out the names of the other armor sets
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-08-28, 01:33 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "you have made every single family you..."
i dont know, sims is getting boring, obviously caused im not playing it lately. i wish i could play my unreal tournament. i just need a game that i can busy myself with and not worry about you playing your game so much :P
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Tuttifrutti

Posted 2008-08-28, 01:44 PM in reply to Tuttifrutti's post starting "i dont know, sims is getting boring,..."
lets go get you UT08 then... or you can use my computer and play any unreal that has come out before that lol...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-08-28, 02:16 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "lets go get you UT08 then... or you can..."
yeah i guess since you're busy making love to Too Human, i can just use your computer for playing the old unreal tournament, which, btw, is the bestest, no competition. in yo face!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Tuttifrutti

Posted 2008-08-28, 09:11 PM in reply to Tuttifrutti's post starting "yeah i guess since you're busy making..."
Someone finally finished a complete level 50 elite armor set. with 110 hours of clocked gameplay, averaging 10 hours a day sence its release. http://www.toohuman.net/forum/viewto...t=396&start=50
good for him,... that selfish no good piece of shit who doesnt deserve it as much as i do
Congrats!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-08-30, 05:51 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "Someone finally finished a complete..."
Moved to The Too Human Forum.

Stanley Cups

Longevity

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

quikspy67