Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Viewtiful Joe Sequel Announced!
Posted 2004-04-29, 11:40 AM
I know this is a bit late to be posting this since the announcement was on the 21st but I didn't see anythng about it and I know that some certain people (read: Raziel) are probably super hyped about this.

GameSpot said:
Last year, one of the most acclaimed GameCube exclusives was Capcom's cartoon-style beat-'em-up, Viewtiful Joe. Today, the publisher announced the game's sequel, Viewtiful Joe 2, will also be available for the PlayStation 2 when it is released this coming winter. Capcom also released the first images from the cel-shaded title.

Like the original, Viewtiful Joe 2 will feature a mix of 2D and 3D action. Returning are Joe, the film-geek-turned-superhero, and his girlfriend Silvia, who is now a superheroine herself. Both characters will be playable from the beginning of the game.

Besides having 40 new types of enemies, the sequel will also span several new environments, including a jungle, underground ruins, ancient Japan, snowy mountains and outer space. Joe's Six Machine will get new transformational powers that will let it turn into a racer, cannon, drill or submarine during different stages of the game. The caped hero will also receive a new VFX power, "Replay," which will let him triple the effect of attacks or power-ups.

"With new visual effects, enemies and challenges, Joe and Silvia are ready to take on an all new Viewtiful adventure," said Capcom's director of marketing, Todd Thorson. Viewtiful Joe creator Atsushi Inaba had even more to say about the game in his exclusive Q&A with GameSpot.

By Tor Thorsen, GameSpot POSTED: 04/21/04 12:02AM
More at the GameSpot page here including a Q&A session.

Enjoy!

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2004-05-11, 06:57 AM in reply to RoboticSilence's post "Viewtiful Joe Sequel Announced!"
Huh, I can't believe I missed this thread.

And yes, you are most certainly correct that I'm hyper-psyched over this announcement. The first one was absolute genius, and I can't even begin to imagine what Capcom will do with the sequel.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2004-05-11, 09:59 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Huh, I can't believe I missed this..."
Like a friend said, I'll excuse the color of, and his actual dress. A rare honor, since I'm as shallow as a kiddy pool.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja`s #1