Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

1 Flag CTF Lockout Strat
Posted 2005-03-16, 06:27 AM
alright here i go again...

First of all, whoever spawns closest to the sniper rifle needs to get it and stay up there so he can cover the long down below where the flag is and provide decent cover. 1 other person needs to grab the plasma pistol from the middle and grab the battle rifle. Usually at least 2 of the members of the other team come up the blue lift and grab that battle rifle so with that combo you and the other 2 remaining members of the team should be able to kill these to guys. The other enemies either go for the sword or shotgun or they come for the sniper... so the sniper needs to beware... also it should be known that the person getting the sniper rifle can jump from the middle onto the walkway where the rifle is without having to go all the way around the building. After you control the tower with the lift... the 2 players who really dont have any important guns need to jump over the side right by the battle rifle down right near the flag... with the cover of the sniper and the man with the battle rifle, you should be able to get the flag and get it up the walkway till you are in the basement of the tower that the sniper is sniping from. Here you have two options... you can go right and head up and around by where the sniper is or you can go left and head down along the bottom and hop over that gap and head up to the tower... going right is OK but left is a very bad choice... its hard to get to from where you spawn and much easier to get to for the other team therefore if u die theres no hope of getting it again. However, with this strat that isnt what you do at all... if u turn left and look up... the center platform is DIRECTLY above you... so your best bet is to toss it right up to the center... everyone on our team spawns near it and its just a couple tosses away from scoring... the guy who was using the battle rifle/ plasma pistol can run over and get it or the sniper can hop directly down to it... either case it fine... making the toss is a little tricky but it can be done with practice...Next... once you have the flag on the center platform and you are running with it... you can hop on the little side thingy and jump right up to where u score without having to walk ALLLLLLLLL the way around the side walkway of the tower. Taking the side walkway is very dangerous cuz 9 times out of 10 you will get hit wiht a well placed grenade from the other team and the flag will fly allllllll the way off and then you are screwed.

This is the strat most of the skilled clans consisting of lvl 25's and stuff we have played have used and it is actually really easy to execute and works very effectively because it is quick and the sword wont come into play most of the time unless they can kill the 2 runners who carry the flag over to where you toss it up to the center. Also, if they get ahold of the sniper rifle it is ESSENTIAL that you kill or at least force the sniper to relocate because its just toooo easy of a shot for him hitting the runners coming straight at him wiht heads completely exposed.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
sue_13 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensue_13 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

sue_13

Posted 2005-03-17, 08:14 PM in reply to sue_13's post "1 Flag CTF Lockout Strat"
yeah i have seen people use this strategy in Team Training even, so it is not just for high level players. I was personally awestruck when i saw a guy do it for the first time. I mean he just hopped right up the front of the base with the flag and scored. It is so much faster than running around the base.
Think not disdainfully of death, but look on it with favor; for even death is one of the things that Nature wills.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tidus2005

Posted 2005-03-18, 06:34 AM in reply to tidus2005's post starting "yeah i have seen people use this..."
very nice strat my good friend
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
steveharris666 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensteveharris666 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

steveharris666

Posted 2005-03-18, 07:06 AM in reply to steveharris666's post starting "very nice strat my good friend"
yeah we call this one attack pattern alpha... dont ask why... haha right steve?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
sue_13 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensue_13 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

sue_13