Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

Posted 2010-01-04, 09:54 AM
Has anyone seen it yet? I heard yesterday that it's now topped the $1 billion dollar mark, so it must be good.

I think i'll just wait for it to drop at RedBox on Bluray

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2010-01-04, 10:38 AM in reply to D3V's post "Avatar"
I've heard it's really good, but I probably wont see it in theaters.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2010-01-04, 12:29 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I've heard it's really good, but I..."
You want to see this movie in theaters. Trust me. Unless you have a badass HD system with surround sound, go watch it in theaters right now. The graphics and visuals alone are simply stunning. Normally, a 2 and a half hour long movie tends to drag a little bit during slow points, but not Avatar. You will be entertained by the scenery of the forest, the animals, and everything else that is Pandora.

See it in theaters. You won't be dissapointed.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2010-01-04, 12:32 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "You want to see this movie in theaters...."
My pal Greg said "It takes forever... like... 2 hours. But the last 20 minutes will BLOW YOUR MIND!!!!!!!!11"
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2010-01-04, 02:17 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "You want to see this movie in theaters...."
Quote:
Normally, a 2 and a half hour long movie tends to drag a little bit during slow points, but not Avatar.
Ya, my brother told me the same thing. Wasn't this a show? Or is a show?

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2010-01-04, 06:51 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Ya, my brother told me the same thing...."
D3V said: [Goto]
Ya, my brother told me the same thing. Wasn't this a show? Or is a show?
In no way on earth are the two related. I was wishing will all my heart nobody would think this...
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2010-01-05, 03:18 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "In no way on earth are the two related...."
You need to see it in 3d. Imax was also nice. It's pretty damn awesome.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Xenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeXenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Xenn

Posted 2010-01-05, 11:04 AM in reply to Xenn's post starting "You need to see it in 3d. Imax was also..."
Xenn said: [Goto]
You need to see it in 3d. Imax was also nice. It's pretty damn awesome.
This.

I watched it in 3D, as well.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2010-01-05, 03:23 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "In no way on earth are the two related...."
Skurai said: [Goto]
In no way on earth are the two related....
I guess that's why the movie has done so well.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2010-01-05, 10:19 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "I guess that's why the movie has done..."
I guess that's why the movie has done so well.
Not really. Alot of parents probably took their kids to the movie thinking "Hey, my kid likes that show."

Plus, I honestly have to say Avatar (the show) was pretty okay. Alot better than anthing I've made (my school manga club cancels every comic I make before we get to issue 10 on any of them. Infact, I keep re-using the same character, and her getting cancelled is a school-wide joke).
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2010-01-06, 09:20 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Not really. Alot of parents probably..."
Has that show grossed 1 billion dollars yet?

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2010-01-06, 08:29 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Has that show grossed 1 billion dollars..."
Has that show grossed 1 billion dollars yet?
It's over, but who knows. Only Black kids watch Nick, so probably none of them had been interested.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2010-01-12, 02:03 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "It's over, but who knows. Only Black..."
lolwut

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2010-01-12, 09:16 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "lolwut"
lolwut
But in reality, it was very good. It had a much better story than alot of things recently have, and rumor has it the last battle was "wtf" awesome. I still have yet to see the movie of the topic.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2010-01-18, 10:12 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "But in reality, it was very good. It..."
So I finally got around to watching Avatar last night, in IMAX 3D. Even after all of the chatter I still had no idea what the movie was going to be about, which was perfect. The visuals in the movie as I had been told were going to be amazing, and I wasn't let down at all. The storyline was superb in my opinion, even though you can tell there will probably be a sequel in the following years. I have no negative comments about it at all, and would absolutely recommend that if you have a chance, go watch it in 3D IMAX. It's worth the change.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2010-01-18, 03:14 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "So I finally got around to watching..."
Even after all of the chatter I still had no idea what the movie was going to be about.
Same here. Story must be indepth... Can't wait to get off my ass and see it.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2010-01-18, 08:15 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "So I finally got around to watching..."
They've already confirmed there's gonna be a sequel.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos

Posted 2010-01-19, 09:26 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "They've already confirmed there's gonna..."
Well damn, there we go. Would you guys sign up and take part in something like this say it were real?

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2010-01-19, 12:45 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "They've already confirmed there's gonna..."
Personally, I think they'll be foolish to make a sequel.

The film cost the best part of half a billion dollars (including advertising), and has been ten years in the making. The reception is incredible, and has shocked everyone - a lot of critics didn't think it would do anywhere near this well.

I can't see the studios giving Cameron that type of money to make a sequel, regardless of how well Avatar has done - it's just too soon, and in the coming years, as the industry moves towards 3D, it will have lost it's defining feature.

I've not seen Avatar yet, but I've heard from those who only saw it in 2D that, although it looks pretty, the plot is kinda pants, and it's not that special a film.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2010-01-19, 01:08 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Personally, I think they'll be foolish..."
I agree with Lenny that there shouldn't be a sequel, but for different reasons. First off, if you haven't seen the movie, do so - enough said. I saw it in 3d and will try to make it back to the theater to see it again, this time not in 3d.

The reason no sequel should be made is because it would cheapen the epicness of the movie - the story also leaves no real need for one. Imagine if there were a sequel to Braveheart or the Titanic - neither of which make a lot of sense to do. I suppose the only difference between those two movies and Avatar is that Avatar has the freedom to create a plot device that exceeds how heroic or legendary the first movie is since it is fiction.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
S2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeS2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

S2 AM