Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Computers
Posted 2006-12-03, 10:17 PM
Who here is good with computers?
My computer has been messing up and I dont know what to do. When ever I try to open up a folder or like control panel or anything like that the everything on the blue bar on the bottom (windows xp) freezes and i have to restart my computer. Ive scanned for virus's and adaware but nothing is popping up. I dont know howI could have gotten anything because all I do on my computer is use AIM and play WoW. Any suggestions on what to do?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Farting_Pumpkin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenFarting_Pumpkin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Farting_Pumpkin

Posted 2006-12-03, 10:57 PM in reply to Farting_Pumpkin's post "Computers"
Farting_Pumpkin said:
Who here is good with computers?
My computer has been messing up and I dont know what to do. When ever I try to open up a folder or like control panel or anything like that the everything on the blue bar on the bottom (windows xp) freezes and i have to restart my computer. Ive scanned for virus's and adaware but nothing is popping up. I dont know howI could have gotten anything because all I do on my computer is use AIM and play WoW. Any suggestions on what to do?
If that is all you do on your computer, and you don't have any important data saved on the computer, I can almost guarantee that formatting your computer will fix your problem. If you're looking for an alternative solution, that may be more arduous.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2006-12-04, 12:45 AM in reply to Farting_Pumpkin's post "Computers"
Could be that the computer is so full of junk that it's running out of resources to do simple tasks.

How much RAM/HD space/etc?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-12-04, 10:28 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Could be that the computer is so full..."
i have 1gig of ram and i should have a lot of HD space left. im not exactly sure how big it is but it shouldnt be full. i dont know what 2 do should i like reinstall windows or something?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Farting_Pumpkin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenFarting_Pumpkin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Farting_Pumpkin

Posted 2006-12-04, 11:45 PM in reply to Farting_Pumpkin's post starting "i have 1gig of ram and i should have a..."
There appears to be a problem with your HD. Whats probalby happening is the data has 'popped down' for lack of a better term.

You see, when you save data, the arm in the HD takes itself and makes an imprint on the disk, depending on what is supposed to be stoerd there. Sometimes, when the hd is winding up to read something, the arm in your HD may hit one o those bumps and make it deeper, so deep that it can't be read anymore, or it doesnt register as what it should.

Your solution is to go on a science website and purchse a very powerful magnet. Open your case and put the magnet on the hard drive, and it should pull those grooves right back up.Problem fixed.

I wish I knew about this when my laptop started acting up. now you know.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2006-12-05, 05:17 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "There appears to be a problem with your..."
magnet the hard drive? that would kill it wouldnt it? i dunno i dont really do much on mycomputer so its not over loaded or anything. i mean i cant even open internet explorer or uninstall programs or anything. all that works is AIM Itunes Firefox and WoW
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Farting_Pumpkin

Posted 2006-12-12, 07:34 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "There appears to be a problem with your..."
Sovereign said:
There appears to be a problem with your HD. Whats probalby happening is the data has 'popped down' for lack of a better term.

You see, when you save data, the arm in the HD takes itself and makes an imprint on the disk, depending on what is supposed to be stoerd there. Sometimes, when the hd is winding up to read something, the arm in your HD may hit one o those bumps and make it deeper, so deep that it can't be read anymore, or it doesnt register as what it should.

Your solution is to go on a science website and purchse a very powerful magnet. Open your case and put the magnet on the hard drive, and it should pull those grooves right back up.Problem fixed.

I wish I knew about this when my laptop started acting up. now you know.

Lmao...Yes...It would mess up ur harddrive. If your harddrive is busted then buy a new one, if not then format it and reinstall windows.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Slyvr enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSlyvr enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Slyvr