Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Anime Fans: Read
Posted 2004-05-30, 09:30 AM
I've recently seen a few episodes of Trigun, and I like it. I think it's pretty intriguing how the hero is a super-badass, known to blow shit up, but is actually a pacifist.

Anyway, here's my question. What other animes would you reccomend?

I don't really know what I like, as I haven't seen many of these. I've seen Inuyasha a couple of times and don't particularly care for it. I used to watch Dragonball Z, but... it's just so so. That's all I can think of...
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2004-05-30, 09:43 AM in reply to Medieval Bob's post "Anime Fans: Read"
yu yu hakusho and rurouni kenshin i say, those are AWESOME, new episodes of yu yu hakusho are on right now and i hope rurouni kenshin starts soon or dunno but also dragonball gt new episodes right now too, for me saturday night 830-930 central
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
iceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweeniceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

iceman887

Posted 2004-05-30, 09:44 AM in reply to iceman887's post starting "yu yu hakusho and rurouni kenshin i..."
Oh My God Bob you must watch Yu Yu Hakusho, it is great.
I use to be a shoe shinner now I sip Aunt Jamima, I go to sleep in Europe and wake back up in China. CLUB 977 The 80's Channel!!!!! -winamp radio is heaven on earth
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zagggon

Posted 2004-05-30, 09:48 AM in reply to zagggon's post starting "Oh My God Bob you must watch Yu Yu..."
well for something thats very ...um...strange, go with FLCL.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
‡AC‡ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between‡AC‡ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

‡AC‡

Posted 2004-05-30, 09:50 AM in reply to ‡AC‡'s post starting "well for something thats very..."
Yu Yu Hakusho is kinda stupid, I would recommend Rurouni Kenshin.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2004-05-30, 11:22 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Yu Yu Hakusho is kinda stupid, I would..."
It's not a series, but I would recommend the movie Millenium Actress.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Neko is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenNeko is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Neko

Posted 2004-05-30, 11:42 AM in reply to Neko's post starting "It's not a series, but I would..."
Oi, talk to me on aim. These heathens don't deserve my godly information.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2004-05-30, 01:07 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post "Anime Fans: Read"
I personally am rather fond of Witch Hunter Robin. However, you should definately look into Cowboy Bebop. You could also try out Rurouni Kenshin, Hellsing, FLCL (It's an incredibly strange anime, but highly amusing non-the-less, IMHO.), and Evangelion.

But it all depends on your tastes, really.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2004-05-30, 09:01 PM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "I personally am rather fond of Witch..."
DAMN YOU ALL

Only stuff I'd suggest in this thread:

In Japanese of course

Kenshin - English ruined it
Hellsing - English is bleh
Bebop - This is the only English dub I ever preferred to Jap, but both are fine
Yu Yu Hakusho - English makes me cry
FLCL .. is.. kind of dumb.. you might like it, I don't really.. English seems okay
Inuyasha is for girls.

Anyway, you should probably steer clear of my TOME OF INFINITE WISDOM for now until you see the above animes, save the best for last I guess.

Last edited by GravitonSurge; 2004-05-30 at 09:07 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2004-05-30, 09:12 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "DAMN YOU ALL Only stuff I'd suggest..."
I've recently considered watching some anime. I figured it's better to accept it than to deny it. I figured that I like the Dragon Ball series, that maybe some of these newer shows would be cool too. I've seen most of the list, and I've been watching this one show, (can't remember the name) but some kid dies and he has to do this crap to get his life back? I duno it seems pretty cool though.

Yea

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2004-05-30, 09:44 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "I've recently considered watching some..."
You're talking about Yu Yu Hakusho, hope it isn't in English.. there is ABSOLUTELY NO COMPARISON between the Japanese and English version.. Themes, jokes, substance.. everything is lost in the dub.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2004-05-30, 09:50 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "You're talking about Yu Yu Hakusho,..."
Alot of the same things happened when DB went english.

I've seen it in japanese on a friends computer, then on TV, uhh Cartoon Network I think.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2004-05-30, 09:52 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Alot of the same things happened when..."
DBZ isn't even the same fucking show in English, Dragonball included.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2004-05-30, 10:32 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "DBZ isn't even the same fucking show in..."
..... dude all you guys suggestion is freaking 10 years old anime, they are good, but really really old, Slam Dunk which is old but kick ass. also ya ask Grav i can see he know alots from his sig, that's Full Alchemst. it's ok , get Naruto it kicks asses, also get x hunter x, and errr there couple more i tell you later when i remeber.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Ganga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGanga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Ganga

Posted 2004-05-30, 10:39 PM in reply to Ganga's post starting "..... dude all you guys suggestion is..."
Fullmetal Alchemist is being raped by Funimation as we speak. Slam Dunk doesn't tickle my fancy, I prefer fighting shows. Or shonen, if you will. Hunter x Hunter is good, but hard to stomach for newbies. Bob is better off with the "old shit" first. Gateway anime, so to speak.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2004-05-30, 10:42 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "DBZ isn't even the same fucking show in..."
The English dub for DB/Z/GT...it makes me want to rip off my ears and shove them down the nearest fanboy/girl's throat. Geeze, it's slaughtered in English.

Same goes for Sailormoon/R/S/SS/Stars too really, though it's most definately an anime for girls.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2004-05-30, 10:44 PM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "The English dub for DB/Z/GT...it makes..."
Girl friend of mine showed me some of the German Sailormoon dub.. it was hilarious.

Sailor.. star.. LIMO...ZEEN!!!! (Some kind of attack I guess)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2004-05-30, 10:51 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Girl friend of mine showed me some of..."
Yeah I found a page a while back with the origional japanese scripts of some episodes and the english (fixed for tv) translation. OMFG, They took a WHOLE lot out of it, its amazing how much Funimation can fuck shit up,. ..

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2004-05-30, 10:52 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Girl friend of mine showed me some of..."
In the SailorStars series, Taiki Kou's (Sailor Star Maker) attack is "Star Gentle Uterus". Also, the Starlights change back and forth between genders when they transform. When they're not Senshi, they're male, when they are, female.

And in the English dub they made Michiru and Haruka cousins, when in the real version they're actually lesbian lovers.

Last edited by Jessifer; 2004-05-30 at 10:54 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Jessifer

Posted 2004-05-30, 10:55 PM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "In the SailorStars series, Taiki Kou's..."
Oh okay, I have no idea what you're talking about.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav