Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

View Poll Results: Pick Your 8 Favorites!
Yoshi (Mario Series) 4 30.77%
Princess Zelda (The Legend of Zelda) 2 15.38%
Serious Sam Stone (Serious Sam) 2 15.38%
Pikachu (Pokemon) 2 15.38%
Wario (Mario Series) 2 15.38%
Goofy (Kingdom Hearts) 1 7.69%
Jacques (Onimusha 3) 1 7.69%
KOS-MOS (Xenosaga) 3 23.08%
Sonya Blade (Mortal Kombat) 3 23.08%
Chris Redfield (Resident Evil) 1 7.69%
Jubei Yagyu (Onimusha 2) 1 7.69%
Fox McCloud (Star Fox) 5 38.46%
Paine (FF10-2) 5 38.46%
Ryu (Street Fighter) 5 38.46%
Dr. Mario (Smash Bros.) 2 15.38%
Alucard (Castlevania: Symphony of the Night) 4 30.77%
Banj & Kazooie (Banjo-Kazooie) 1 7.69%
Isaac (Golden Sun) 1 7.69%
Vanessa Schneider (P.N. 03) 0 0%
Jango Fett (Star Wars: Bounty Hunter) 2 15.38%
Viewtiful Joe (Viewtiful Joe) 2 15.38%
Fei Fong Wong (Xenogears) 0 0%
Firebrand (Demon's Crest) 0 0%
Jake Armitage (Shadowrun) 0 0%
Geno (Super Mario RPG) 1 7.69%
Captain Falcon (F-Zero) 0 0%
Ash (Evil Dead) 2 15.38%
Sam Fisher (Splinter Cell) 4 30.77%
Max Payne (Max Payne) 7 53.85%
Knuckles (Sonic Series) 4 30.77%
Luigi (Mario Series) 4 30.77%
Jin Kazama (Tekken Series) 3 23.08%
Shaq (Shaq-Fu...God, don't vote for this one...) 1 7.69%
Zidane Tribal (FF9) 3 23.08%
Sub-Zero (Mortal Kombat) 7 53.85%
Raiden (Mortal Kombat) 7 53.85%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Character Poll!

Posted 2004-05-29, 06:13 AM
Alrighty, here's the list from which you will choose the participatns in the second Zel Melee tournament. There will be two separate brackets, one dedicated to heroes and one dedicated to villains. Eight participants will be selected for each bracket, and the winners of either bracket will face one another in the Grand Finale.

So, pick your favorite eight character from the heroes list and we'll get this shit started!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2004-05-29, 06:46 AM in reply to Raziel's post "Character Poll!"
Are you sure all of these are heros? The SA-X is kinda neutral.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2004-05-29, 07:03 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Are you sure all of these are heros? ..."
!King_Amazon! said:
Are you sure all of these are heros? The SA-X is kinda neutral.
Shit, I put the SA-X on the wrong list! I was hurrying. Dammit. I don't appear to be able to edit the poll itself, so I'll have to wait for Titus or someone else to edit the SA-X out.

Plus, King, you appear to have only voted for one option...and it was for SA-X...

Last edited by Raziel; 2004-05-29 at 07:06 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2004-05-29, 07:11 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Shit, I put the SA-X on the wrong list!..."
Yeah, I don't really know many of the rest.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2004-05-29, 07:12 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Yeah, I don't really know many of the..."
Well, vote for eight anyway. We need eight characters per bracket.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2004-05-29, 07:12 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Yeah, I don't really know many of the..."
Also, Wario is evil, and you could argue that Sub-Zero is evil(depending on which one you mean.) The one with the mask is evil, the one with the scar that looks like Harrison Ford if I remember correctly is the good one.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2004-05-29, 07:17 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Well, vote for eight anyway. We need..."
Alright, my other votes would be:

Paine
Jango Fett(who is also evil, but might be "good" in that game I guess.)
Jake Armitage
Geno
Captain Falcon
Max Payne
Raiden
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2004-05-29, 10:49 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Alright, my other votes would be: ..."
Kazuya is evil. He turns into Devil... I suppose a good guy could turn into an entity nicknamed Devil.

The older Sub-Zero(msked) is good. He is under Shang Tsung's power.

My vote goes to:

Zidane
Sub-Zero
Paine
Rayden
Luigi
Jin Kazama
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2004-05-29, 11:00 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post starting "Kazuya is evil. He turns into Devil......"
Well, Wario isn't really techically a villain. He's starred in enough games to qualify as a hero. He's not a villain, he's more of an anti-hero.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2004-05-29, 11:29 PM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Well, Wario isn't really techically a..."
Not a villain. An anti-hero...? I always supposed there was only two sides.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2004-05-29, 11:38 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post starting "Not a villain. An anti-hero...? I..."
An anti-hero is still a hero, they just achieve their goals in a manner different from the Superman "mom and apple pie" route. They fight a heroic cause using un-heroic tactics.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2004-05-30, 07:19 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "An anti-hero is still a hero, they just..."
The sub-zero you see in the movie and fight in the game is evil.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2004-05-30, 07:20 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "An anti-hero is still a hero, they just..."
My list is:
Sonya
Jubei
Ryu
Sub-Zero
Raiden
Shaq
Paine
Jacques
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2004-05-30, 09:22 AM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "My list is: Sonya Jubei Ryu..."
Why are more people not voting for Ash? If Ash doesn't get into this tournament, I'm going to be seriously pissed of.
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2004-05-30, 04:48 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "Why are more people not voting for Ash?..."
He's not evil. He's being influenced by evil powers. If you had played MK Mythologies you'd know this fact.

The young(maskless) Sub-Zero is featured in the second MK movie and in MK3-5.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2004-05-30, 07:17 PM in reply to Raziel's post "Character Poll!"
Im not sure if my memory is fuzzy or not, but isnt Melissan the "Pseudo-God" (boss)?
What I've learned from living in this country : America is a bad word, so is Religion.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tai is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenTai is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Tai

Posted 2004-05-30, 08:36 PM in reply to Raziel's post "Character Poll!"
When do you plan to close this poll?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2004-05-30, 10:27 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "When do you plan to close this poll?"
Also, where's the cut? Obviously the guys with 1 or less are out. There are several who have 2 and some that have more than 2. Are the ones with more than 2 in?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2004-05-30, 10:57 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post starting "Also, where's the cut? Obviously the..."
Well, I'm trying to figure out how to determine the character selection. The fact is, I am not going to allow a tournament dominated entirely by Mortal Kombat characters. It's just a dull selection. So, with that in mind, I have to use some creative scoring here. I'm going to make the voters decide between Sub-Zero and Raiden for certain, and I'll probably have a poll to decide between two or three other characters as well.

Tai said:
Im not sure if my memory is fuzzy or not, but isnt Melissan the "Pseudo-God" (boss)?
The poll has been edited. Anybody that voted for SA-X, Melissan or Kazuya Mishima needs to pick an alternate character. Those three are being removed from the list.

Last edited by Raziel; 2004-05-31 at 03:07 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2004-05-31, 03:09 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Well, I'm trying to figure out how to..."
By the way, I'm closing this poll in 24 hours. If you haven't made your selections yet, I'd suggest you do so immediately.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel