FF IV 2 6.25%
FF V 2 6.25%
FF VI 8 25.00%
FF VII 12 37.50%
FF VIII 5 15.63%
FF IX 2 6.25%
FF X 1 3.13%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Posted 2002-11-14, 10:21 PM in reply to StonedVegeta's post "What is your Favorite FF Game Out Of..."
Square did what they set out to do with FFX... it still sucked but they pulled off an intentional "interactive movie" theme. Heh.
What I've learned from living in this country : America is a bad word, so is Religion.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tai is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenTai is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Tai

Posted 2002-11-15, 01:56 PM in reply to StonedVegeta's post "What is your Favorite FF Game Out Of..."
FF8-for the reason of graphics. First in it's series.
FF6/3-Need i say more
FF7-Awesome game. Great graphics for time, and great story line.
FF4-Better than the rest.
FF5-Pretty good story line.
FF10-Haven't played fully. GREAT GRAPHICS, not as much playing time though.
FF9-Good graphics, crappy characters.

I guess all I can say is that it is a matter of opinion.
"There is no such thing as a stupid question. Just stupid people asking a good question at the wrong time."

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
StonedVegeta is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenStonedVegeta is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

StonedVegeta

Posted 2002-11-15, 02:59 PM in reply to StonedVegeta's post "What is your Favorite FF Game Out Of..."
I)ark_Phoenix
i prefer 8 more then 9 because
the whole game was boring and kiddy.and i apply with stonedvegeta about ff9.
but we all have our own opinion.
and i think 9 is crap
I, S, A zum R wer von euch denkt hier er könnte mehr, als die Berliner Bären? Adrenalin Musik direkt aus Kreuzberg!
Ich mache harte Musik auf harte Beats, wie diesen hier. Hinter mir Untergrundkrieger die mit mir maschieren als Team! Seit Jahren seh ich sie alle an uns vorbeiziehen, erst Savas dann Aggro, es ist Zeit für?! ADRENALIN!!!

You missed me? I'M BACK!!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JiDDaR is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJiDDaR is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

JiDDaR

Posted 2002-11-16, 02:40 PM in reply to StonedVegeta's post "What is your Favorite FF Game Out Of..."
i think FF7 is the best FF because there square did everythig right the story is good, the characters are cool, the game has many secrets and and long playtime motivation.
if i rank all FF games i played it looks like this:
1.FF7
2.FF6
3.FF10
4.FF8
5.FF5
6.FF9
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vidar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenVidar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Vidar

Posted 2002-11-18, 02:41 PM in reply to StonedVegeta's post "What is your Favorite FF Game Out Of..."
Not Bad. I agree. FFVII was a totally awesome game. Now, if i was voting for the best FF game in terms of gameplay and characters, it would be FFVII. But, I still like Rinoa, and the graphics of FFVIII were awesome.
"There is no such thing as a stupid question. Just stupid people asking a good question at the wrong time."

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
StonedVegeta is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenStonedVegeta is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

StonedVegeta

Posted 2002-11-18, 03:18 PM in reply to StonedVegeta's post "What is your Favorite FF Game Out Of..."
final fantasy XVII. you know, somewhere in the near future.
It's physically impossible for you to lick your elbow when intact to your miserable body.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Strider Fury is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenStrider Fury is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Strider Fury

Posted 2002-11-19, 07:14 AM in reply to StonedVegeta's post "What is your Favorite FF Game Out Of..."
OOHHHH, that one will be fun. I wonder how far the FF games will go. Do you think that there will be a FFL(FF 50)?

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

StonedVegeta

Posted 2002-11-21, 11:00 AM in reply to StonedVegeta's post "What is your Favorite FF Game Out Of..."
Quote:
Originally posted by Raziel
Here's how I would rate all of the games I've played from the series.

1. FF9
2. FF6
3. FF4
4. FF7
5. FF5
6. FF10
7. FF8
Raziel u would rate 7 over 9 i can'T believe u Ö_Ö
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JiDDaR is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJiDDaR is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

JiDDaR

Posted 2002-11-21, 01:00 PM in reply to StonedVegeta's post "What is your Favorite FF Game Out Of..."
Quote:
Originally posted by StonedVegeta
Now, if i was voting for the best FF game in terms of gameplay and characters, it would be FFVII. But, I still like Rinoa, and the graphics of FFVIII were awesome.
when you go after graphic and chicks then FFX must be your and my favorite game! because in FFX there are three nice chicks!
Lulu, Yuna and Rikku
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vidar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenVidar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Vidar

Posted 2002-11-21, 01:57 PM in reply to StonedVegeta's post "What is your Favorite FF Game Out Of..."
Jiddar, I didn't really like FF7 that much. The translation was awful, the story was fragmented, and the villain was a pansy.

FF9 on the other hand, had a near-flawless translation, the story made complete sense and was really involving, and Kuja was the greatest FF villain ever. On top of that, it was just a better game in every other category. The graphics were tons better, the music was phenomenal, the gameplay was a lot better, and it was just more fun overall.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2002-11-21, 02:16 PM in reply to StonedVegeta's post "What is your Favorite FF Game Out Of..."
Quote:
Originally posted by Vidar

when you go after graphic and chicks then FFX must be your and my favorite game! because in FFX there are three nice chicks!
Lulu, Yuna and Rikku
well, actually, i might. But then again, there is the little problem of me not playing it yet. I may change my mind later on.

Oh, and to everyone that was offended by my remarks on FF9, then I guess it would help you cope to tell you that there was on character I liked. Kuja. Coolest villain ever. Next to Ultimecia in FF8. She was freakin tough to beat. If you didn't cheat.

Last edited by StonedVegeta; 2002-11-21 at 02:18 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

StonedVegeta

Posted 2002-11-22, 12:27 PM in reply to StonedVegeta's post "What is your Favorite FF Game Out Of..."
Quote:
Jiddar, I didn't really like FF7 that much. The translation was awful, the story was fragmented, and the villain was a pansy.

FF9 on the other hand, had a near-flawless translation, the story made complete sense and was really involving, and Kuja was the greatest FF villain ever. On top of that, it was just a better game in every other category. The graphics were tons better, the music was phenomenal, the gameplay was a lot better, and it was just more fun overall.
ok but FF7 was produced in the year 1997 and FF9 2000/1 i think that will explain the graphic and the sound .
k i agree that the battle system was better in 9 but in 7 u can do more then in 2*FF9.
don'T know where are u come from but i don't think u are german .
but in german that are the awfully translations and i think ur english people.
and sephiroth was a great vilian too.
bye JiDDaR
I, S, A zum R wer von euch denkt hier er könnte mehr, als die Berliner Bären? Adrenalin Musik direkt aus Kreuzberg!
Ich mache harte Musik auf harte Beats, wie diesen hier. Hinter mir Untergrundkrieger die mit mir maschieren als Team! Seit Jahren seh ich sie alle an uns vorbeiziehen, erst Savas dann Aggro, es ist Zeit für?! ADRENALIN!!!

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

JiDDaR

Posted 2002-11-22, 12:30 PM in reply to StonedVegeta's post "What is your Favorite FF Game Out Of..."
Quote:
Originally posted by I)ark_Phoenix
FFX was horrible, but not because of Blitzball... blitzball was damn awesome for a mini game. The story, music was all great... I didn't like it because... it was too easy and short.
I hated the lack of freedom and a world map, too.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Rurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Rurouni Storm

Posted 2002-11-22, 02:54 PM in reply to StonedVegeta's post "What is your Favorite FF Game Out Of..."
I'm an American, Jiddar. And even though FF7 was made 3 years before FF9, that doesn't excuse how bad the translation was, or how lame a villain Sephiroth was.

I just didn't like the game as much as everybody else. It's probably because FF7 was so many people's first Final Fantasy game. FF4 was my first, so a lot of FF7's attraction was lost on me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2002-11-22, 05:09 PM in reply to StonedVegeta's post "What is your Favorite FF Game Out Of..."
Quote:
I just didn't like the game as much as everybody else. It's probably because FF7 was so many people's first Final Fantasy game. FF4 was my first, so a lot of FF7's attraction was lost on me.
i think i now understand why all the people who played FF on SuperNintendo don't like FF7 and FF8 it is because of the style break the older game are more fantasy and mystic style and FF7 and FF8 are more in a future style. with this point of view may be FF9 is better then i thought because it rembers me on the SNES FFs because of the style and that you have 4characters not just three. and there are many small things wich are in FF9 wich were in the SNES FFs but i think the post will to long then.

but i still think FF7 is better then FF9! (view above)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vidar

Posted 2002-11-22, 06:06 PM in reply to StonedVegeta's post "What is your Favorite FF Game Out Of..."
Actually, the sci-fi elements of FF7 were some of my favorite parts. The reason I am so negative towards FF7 is because everybody freaks out over the game, and it's not really as great as most people think it is. So many people worship FF7 because it was the first one to feature 3D graphics, CG cutscenes, and a villain with a really long sword. But, those things don't make a great game for me. A good story, memorable characters, and thoughtful design are what make a great game. And FF7 just didn't stack up in those areas as much as some of the other games in the series. But, that's just my opinion.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2002-11-22, 10:45 PM in reply to StonedVegeta's post "What is your Favorite FF Game Out Of..."
Quote:
Originally posted by StonedVegeta

well, actually, i might. But then again, there is the little problem of me not playing it yet. I may change my mind later on.

Oh, and to everyone that was offended by my remarks on FF9, then I guess it would help you cope to tell you that there was on character I liked. Kuja. Coolest villain ever. Next to Ultimecia in FF8. She was freakin tough to beat. If you didn't cheat.
Uh Ultimecia was easy... its called Aura/RenzoKuken/Meltdown, but all of my characters was at 99 at the time and Squall had near perfect statistics (Gotta love devourer). And when Ultimecia shows her true for just draw and cast the Apocalypse spell that her bottom half has and beat her down. I only lost one character during that whole battle cause I wanted her to die (It was Quistis) I needed to find one of my characters.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BMS-IcE- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBMS-IcE- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

BMS-IcE-

Posted 2002-11-23, 03:53 AM in reply to StonedVegeta's post "What is your Favorite FF Game Out Of..."
Quote:
. A good story, memorable characters, and thoughtful design are what make a great game. And FF7 just didn't stack up in those areas as much as some of the other games in the series. But, that's just my opinion.
ok your right the most important in an rpg is the story but for me was the story of ff9 too short for me.
but we all have our own opinions if all would think in the same way the world would be very boring
but i think i talk for all of us if i would say FF is the best RPG-serie which excist.
after ff i prefer the chrono serie

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

JiDDaR

Posted 2002-11-23, 04:15 AM in reply to StonedVegeta's post "What is your Favorite FF Game Out Of..."
Well, I have to agree with you there. Final Fantasy definitely beats any other RPG series out there these days. But, who knows. Maybe the Chrono series or Mana games will surpass it some day.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2002-11-23, 07:50 AM in reply to StonedVegeta's post "What is your Favorite FF Game Out Of..."
I don't want to compare different series of RPG games. I loved secret of mana and evermore (no relation), I loved chrono trigger, and I loved the FF series. Comparing them would be like trying to compare your children.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!