Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

Post good grades?!??
Posted 2003-08-18, 10:02 AM
wats the secret?!?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of mass

kaos

Posted 2003-08-18, 10:18 AM in reply to kaos's post "good grades?!??"
Go to school everyday and try to do every assignments and home works. Even if you don't know how to do it, just put some things down and hand it in. This work well til High school not sure about College.

Last edited by Ganga; 2003-08-18 at 10:24 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Ganga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGanga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Ganga

Posted 2003-08-18, 10:25 AM in reply to kaos's post "good grades?!??"
I wish it was that easy over here to get good grades. Actually, I take that back, I like to put some effort in as I like to learn something than just getting good grades on the paper.

Anyway, where I live, you need to turn in exceptionally well-executed homework essays and papers, and perform outstandingly great on the tests. And no, multiple choice tests are totally out of the question, especially as we have none.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2003-08-18, 11:09 AM in reply to kaos's post "good grades?!??"
Heh, I haven't even seen a multiple choice test in years...

Anyway, the secret is to be constantly studying. Once you learn it, review it later that day, when it is still fresh in your mind, otherwise you'll forget some of the theories and won't be able to learn the material as well.

I'd say I study on average a good 3-4 hours a day, which encompasses homework, reading, papers, and just straight up studying new material I just learned. Constant reinforcement is the key. Although cramming may work sometimes, it is not a good idea for the long run, plus you really don't learn anything, you only have it temporarily in your head for that one test...

I've learned that college is a lot more demanding than high school, and it took me a solid year to figure out a good strategy for receiving good grades in college. Get some good habits while you still can, that way you are already ahead of the game.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2003-08-18, 11:21 AM in reply to kaos's post "good grades?!??"
wat the fuck! 3-4 hours????!!? i can barely study for 30 minutes.

and yes my high school teachers dont care, (i dont know yet , my school starts in 2 weeks) they dont care if you dont do the work right as long as u try, but iam talking about "the teachers'' themselves. Even tho i did the work right in this one class, this teacher who obviously didnt like me, gave me a freakin "c".
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of mass

kaos

Posted 2003-08-18, 11:22 AM in reply to kaos's post "good grades?!??"
sorry for the double post my browser froze and i thougt it didnt go thru
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

kaos

Posted 2003-08-18, 11:32 AM in reply to kaos's post "good grades?!??"
Heh, well college is a lot different than high school, as you will find out soon enough. The work is a LOT harder, so if high school is hard for you, good luck...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2003-08-18, 11:36 AM in reply to kaos's post "good grades?!??"
nah iam not going to college, cuZ iam teh PEIMP !
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

kaos

Posted 2003-08-18, 12:19 PM in reply to kaos's post "good grades?!??"
I am lazy as hell now, I am going change my habits when I move in to the campus, which is this month!!!!! Thanks for the tip Titus.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Ganga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGanga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Ganga

Posted 2003-08-18, 12:37 PM in reply to kaos's post "good grades?!??"
An even bigger tip would be to get a good, smart group of friends in your classes to make a study group. I actually have a study group, but I only hang out socially with one of them, that way there is really no conflicting interests, and when it is time to study, it is all business and no fucking around. I think that was a big key to my success as well. Good luck.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2003-08-18, 01:02 PM in reply to kaos's post "good grades?!??"
having study groups is one of the greatest weapons of all times, as titus said, when shit hits the fan, no fucking around, people usually do certain areas and study them, that way the whole group goes over all of the areas in depth, and they just copy their notes and hand them out to everyone in the group, then you study like a wildman...

in highschool, a friend in every class you can call up to help you with work is a GREAT thing, really all you need to do is do the homework, and review a bit depending on the class, most classes homework consists of a built in review of what was taught in class where you actually HAVE to go over it all to get the assignments right, well thats IF the teacher is a GOOD teacher, though their are allot of shit ass teachers, when you have a shit ass teacher you really need to hold your own weight and review constantlly cause the teacher aint gonna do fuck all to help you progress...
.....Broke the rubba, busted another all up in ya motha, so how u feel like havin another baby brotha? Wha? dont studda, ya pants hangin so low ya new baby brotha can be ya new lova!......
My Personal Website!
www.dimensionforums.com
ÖWÑëÐ
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
"CRØNîC-KîLLå" is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between"CRØNîC-KîLLå" is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

"CRØNîC-KîLLå"

Posted 2003-08-18, 01:42 PM in reply to kaos's post "good grades?!??"
thanks for the advice.

so all i have to do is get a group of nerds and a stoner teacher.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

kaos

Posted 2003-08-18, 02:12 PM in reply to kaos's post "good grades?!??"
Answer test questions correctly.

You'll be amazed how well that can work.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Xenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeXenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Xenn

Posted 2003-08-18, 02:58 PM in reply to kaos's post "good grades?!??"
nice avatar xenn
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

kaos

Posted 2003-08-18, 03:06 PM in reply to kaos's post "good grades?!??"
Blackmail your teachers.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-08-18, 03:27 PM in reply to kaos's post "good grades?!??"
Or get a slut to blow all the male teachers for the answers. There was a rumor that this one chick was doing this last year, but no concrete evidence to prove anything. Then again, she got caught blowing some dude at an ACME when she was working and got fired, so maybe it is true...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2003-08-18, 07:52 PM in reply to kaos's post "good grades?!??"
dude leech off some smart hot asian girl like i do!
I use to be a shoe shinner now I sip Aunt Jamima, I go to sleep in Europe and wake back up in China. CLUB 977 The 80's Channel!!!!! -winamp radio is heaven on earth
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zagggon

Posted 2003-08-18, 08:03 PM in reply to kaos's post "good grades?!??"
I don't think everyone is homeschooled by mommy like you.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-08-18, 08:10 PM in reply to kaos's post "good grades?!??"
Doing every assignment won't do shit if you can't remember and you don't do well under pressure. On test days or at least MAJOR test days, I'm like Tweek from South Park. Ah!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2003-08-19, 02:48 AM in reply to kaos's post "good grades?!??"
-----------------

Last edited by undeadzombieguy; 2008-09-02 at 01:07 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
undeadzombieguy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenundeadzombieguy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

undeadzombieguy