Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art > Tech Help

How to connect to your PC from someone else's PC
Posted 2008-08-23, 11:55 AM
Anyone know?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-08-23, 11:58 AM in reply to Kazilla's post "How to connect to your PC from someone..."
It depends what it is you want to do. Do you want to just be able to access your files, or do you want to be able to take full control of your computer and see your desktop on the other persons PC?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2008-08-23, 12:20 PM in reply to Kazilla's post "How to connect to your PC from someone..."
State the operative systems of the PCs in question as well.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2008-08-23, 01:16 PM in reply to Kazilla's post "How to connect to your PC from someone..."
Kazilla said: [Goto]
Anyone know?
I think you'll have to be a lot more specific about what it is you want to do. Connect to someone elses PC in a game? Access files? Use it as a proxy server? There are a lot of ways to take what you're asking.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-08-23, 01:52 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I think you'll have to be a lot more..."
didnt know it all that was needed

Objective: Access my files from my parents computer Home XP --> Media Center XP

I would like to be able to access some movies from my parents computer on my own.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-08-23, 01:55 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "didnt know it all that was needed ..."
just use a flash drive and transfer them to it and then put it on you computer and bingo
Tim
I know you
said not to
deal w/ them
I didn't think
I'm lost and
I'm sorry
They Know
Run
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
jamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed it

jamer123

Posted 2008-08-23, 04:14 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "didnt know it all that was needed ..."
Kazilla said: [Goto]
didnt know it all that was needed

Objective: Access my files from my parents computer Home XP --> Media Center XP

I would like to be able to access some movies from my parents computer on my own.
So are you wanting to connect over the internet, or over a home network? Do you live with them?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-08-23, 04:25 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "So are you wanting to connect over the..."
nah it would be over the internet - its about 30 miles or so if that matters. They use satelite and i use cable.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla