Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Zelaron online gaming sessions?
Posted 2009-06-07, 07:24 PM
Join our Unreal Tournament game now!

Server address: 85.228.218.24

---

Since we apparently have no good candidate for a multiplayer arcade for the time being, I think we should host various multiplayer gaming sessions at least once every week instead. Anyway, I'm curious about what games you think would be ideal for this?

A few ideas:
  • Settlers of Catan (Up to 6 players, if I recall correctly.)
  • Unreal Tournament (UT99 or 2004, probably... I haven't really played UT3 much, and it requires a fairly new computer) (Up to 32 players.)
  • Alien Swarm (UT2004 mod that's still awesome. Up to 8 players, I think.)
  • StarCraft (Up to 8 players.)
  • Total Annihilation (The best strategy game of all time according to GameSpot. StarCraft was their second choice. Supports up to 8 players or so.)
  • Serious Sam: The First Encounter (Constant action; no real way to "lose" in multiplayer co-op. Up to 16 players.)

Games like Baldur's Game II are awesome in co-op, but it kind of requires everyone who joined the first game to be present in all subsequent games. It's a bit hard to pull that off with more than three players.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram

Last edited by Chruser; 2009-06-13 at 05:45 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2009-06-07, 07:27 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Zelaron online gaming sessions?"
though what you are thinking of may be goog for you but what about people who cant play/get the games

we should use like a free game that we can meet up in
Tim
I know you
said not to
deal w/ them
I didn't think
I'm lost and
I'm sorry
They Know
Run
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
jamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed it

jamer123

Posted 2009-06-07, 07:32 PM in reply to jamer123's post starting "though what you are thinking of may be..."
Settlers is free.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2009-06-07, 08:43 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Zelaron online gaming sessions?"
I think we should still play games like BG2. Form smaller groups for those. Multiple groups. Maybe we could compete to see which groups do best.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2009-06-07, 09:29 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Settlers is free."
WetWired said: [Goto]
Settlers is free.
That game was fun for a while. I didn't know it was free, though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
NonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzNonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

NonGayMan

Posted 2009-06-08, 09:08 AM in reply to NonGayMan's post starting "That game was fun for a while. I didn't..."
Can you find some texas hold 'em?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2009-06-08, 01:14 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "Can you find some texas hold 'em?"
Let's all play Runescape!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2009-06-08, 01:15 PM in reply to Wallow's post starting "Let's all play Runescape!"
runescape is for people who just has no life
Tim
I know you
said not to
deal w/ them
I didn't think
I'm lost and
I'm sorry
They Know
Run
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
jamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed it

jamer123

Posted 2009-06-09, 10:44 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Zelaron online gaming sessions?"
Okay, we're going to start off with Unreal Tournament (UT99). We'll probably play three games of Capture The Flag followed by three games of Domination or Team Deathmatch (20 min per game). Depending on how many players will participate, we may change our plans a bit, and/or play other game types afterwards if there is sufficient interest.

Date: Saturday, June 13
Time: 8 PM EST
Server address: 85.228.218.24
Game: http://www.zelaron.com/gear/UnrealTournament_GOTY.exe

We'll probably play a few practice matches tomorrow, June 10, at 6 PM EST if there is sufficient interest. Also, the link will be gone before you know it!

Reply and state whether you're most definitely in, or may possibly be participating.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram

Last edited by Chruser; 2009-06-13 at 05:45 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2009-06-09, 11:03 PM in reply to Chruser's post starting "Okay, we're going to start off with..."
Throwing in my .02 here, but I think Saturday evening may be a bad time for some people. Normally I'm out and about on Saturdays, but meh who knows. It's a bad time for me at least.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2009-06-09, 11:05 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Throwing in my .02 here, but I think..."
Thanatos said: [Goto]
Throwing in my .02 here, but I think Saturday evening may be a bad time for some people. Normally I'm out and about on Saturdays, but meh who knows. It's a bad time for me at least.

We can host multiple UT sessions in the next few days, I guess. Do you have any suggestions for time(s) and date(s)?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Chruser

Posted 2009-06-09, 11:59 PM in reply to Chruser's post starting "We can host multiple UT sessions in the..."
Are we sure enough people will participate? I just finished downloading the UT file so count me in.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2009-06-10, 07:38 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Are we sure enough people will..."
I will try and play but i've just been super busy during the entire 7day weeks. The biggest turnout day is the one i'm going to try and count myself in

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2009-06-12, 11:37 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "I will try and play but i've just been..."
So, three of us are potentially game? Fun.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Chruser

Posted 2009-06-12, 12:51 PM in reply to Chruser's post starting "So, three of us are potentially game?..."
Chruser said: [Goto]
So, three of us are potentially game? Fun.
I downloaded. Call me a noob, but what kind of game is it?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2009-06-12, 05:54 PM in reply to Chruser's post starting "So, three of us are potentially game?..."
I'm interested in the idea, but am not available most of the weekend.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2009-06-12, 07:14 PM in reply to Chruser's post starting "Okay, we're going to start off with..."
Hey, I'm in actually. Sounds fun.

Tomorrow at 8 PM EST? My days off are ___day and ____day, so one of those would be better in the future.

I also support playing Texas Hold'em. Pokerstars.net would work for this.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2009-06-12, 07:22 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Hey, I'm in actually. Sounds fun. ..."
I'm definitely down for some texas hold'em.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2009-06-12, 08:34 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I'm definitely down for some texas..."
!King_Amazon! is down for some texas hold'em. Make it so.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2009-06-12, 09:08 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "!King_Amazon! is down for some texas..."
I'll host the UT99 server tonight. If everyone ends up with 250+ ping for whatever reason (which sounds unlikely since I have an 18 mbps upstream fiber connection, but since I live in Sweden...), is there anyone else who is willing to give it a try? If so, give information about your connection.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Chruser