Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Post I Am Teh Own Even more !
Posted 2003-10-30, 07:32 AM
Taken directly from www.diabloii.net !

One of the first group of Ladder Characters on USEast to beat Hell Baal have mailed in to let us know it's been done.

Very early this morning, a group of 7 couragous, high level ladder people became the first group to kill Baal on Hell Difficulty to earn their final titles. After many trials and hardships, including having the Diablo Clone spawn with Baal's Minions, the team of Aethelwolff, Marton-Stro, RIONs-zonm, Spankage, Shankness, Vxi and Myself (Letah) finally engaded the monster beast in his own lair. After 10 min of hard fighting and only 2 deaths, Baal was vanquished forever, ending his reign of torment.
Zero to Matriarch/Patriarch in just over a day and a half is pretty impressive, with no twinking or turbos. Congrats to everyone.

On a side note, do you think v1.10 is way too hard? No offense, but it's your build, gear, and play style, not the game. Plenty of people are killing quickly, dying very little, and having a blast, including Hardcore players in Hell.

Note : For those who dont know ! I am Spankage.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja

Posted 2003-10-30, 08:00 AM in reply to Kuja's post "I Am Teh Own Even more !"
congrats. I haven't had enough time to get that far, but you are right about the build on the chars. I think we were just spoiled by bvalors and iths.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zman

Posted 2003-10-30, 08:11 AM in reply to Kuja's post "I Am Teh Own Even more !"
awsome job man, was his drop real good?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
platnum is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenplatnum is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

platnum

Posted 2003-10-30, 08:23 AM in reply to Kuja's post "I Am Teh Own Even more !"
I don't think it's too hard, it's still easy...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-10-30, 08:31 AM in reply to Kuja's post "I Am Teh Own Even more !"
Its not that easy. Its harder, but not exactly hard yet.

I'm way behind them though, but so far so good.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2003-10-30, 12:18 PM in reply to Kuja's post "I Am Teh Own Even more !"
It s not easy because we dont start whit anything and monster in ladder are much harder then normal !

In a 8 players game a fallen in act 1 hell can take from 1/5 to 4/5 of my life depnding if minion of not ! So imagine act 5. ( i got 610~ life)
Currently im level 80 and i just stoped using goldskin armor to switch to twitch, my java is shitty + 2 zon skill 13-30~dmg (i use plague jav so who care the phys. dmg), my bow is 30-120dmg~ i dont even have a mana leech item, so it s much harder then ppl think but with a good team everything is possible !

Note : Ancient were much harder then baal it took us about 20 min to kill them. After we finished the ancient we had no gold left we had to sell gem to actualy be able to afford potion. So if you go for ancient in hell drop your money on ground or mule your gold but do not keep it in stash or on yourself.

Edit: 
Oh and Titus if you only been in normal yet dont judge ladder diff yet and when in nightmare tell yourself it s nothing compare to what is coming in hell !
I started in hell at level 70~

Last edited by Kuja; 2003-10-30 at 12:22 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja

Posted 2003-10-30, 12:52 PM in reply to Kuja's post "I Am Teh Own Even more !"
It would be really nice to get this. Can you get this on normal diablo 2 softcore?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
itsmetam is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenitsmetam is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

itsmetam

Posted 2003-11-10, 01:55 AM in reply to Kuja's post "I Am Teh Own Even more !"
Get what ?

Also i was browsing my D2 screenshot and i found something i should have posted in my first post.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja

Posted 2003-11-10, 02:14 AM in reply to Kuja's post "I Am Teh Own Even more !"
Heh... titus just solo'd baal earlier today, this game got a shitload harder for barbs, atleast.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2003-11-10, 03:13 AM in reply to Kuja's post "I Am Teh Own Even more !"
This patch has put the barb 6 feet under. Barbs pwned classic before LoD, and they just got better after patch, even with ww nerfs and all... Now they finally are put to rest.

Edit: Heh. They are about as common as Elemental Druids on ladder, if that gives you a clue.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2003-11-10, 06:00 AM in reply to Kuja's post "I Am Teh Own Even more !"
i think blizz did a good job at this the bosses arnt too hard i mean i think blizz made them this hard for better team work cuz the newbs that come in and dont know how to atackk and go off alone get owned it brings players closer and i have a sorc assin necro pally druid zon all in hell and there was no part were i had real big troble killing things i like the patch but i wosh that items drops were a lil bit better i think there better than .9 but still its hard to get good stuff well thats my input and congrads at whoopin baal in hell bro iv only done it with my assin and th ancients are harder than baal and its always been that way
I run a knife down my chest (and open myself up to u)

[img][/img]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DaMuffenManInd is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDaMuffenManInd is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

DaMuffenManInd

Posted 2003-11-10, 08:07 AM in reply to Kuja's post "I Am Teh Own Even more !"
Vollstrecker said:
This patch has put the barb 6 feet under. Barbs pwned classic before LoD, and they just got better after patch, even with ww nerfs and all... Now they finally are put to rest.

Edit: Heh. They are about as common as Elemental Druids on ladder, if that gives you a clue.
Well i did see some Frenzy barb and concentration barb they are great. The biggest problem is buged valor ! The spoiled many player and now cause they dont have 6k life barb suck ? Not really, barb are great when built the right way. The only problem that come with them is they are hard to make as they need so many skill it become hard to pick what to take or not.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja