Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

The Next Great Invention?
Posted 2004-06-04, 05:24 PM
Years ago I thought of the air condition car seats, since seat warmers don't exactly appeal to my Summer swamp ass. That is now taken. Damnit.

Even longer ago, I thought about making "Interconnected Technologically Advanced Information Storage Devices", but that silly Al Gore took credit for its alter-ego, the "Internet". Damnit...

Now, thinking back on these "missed" opportunities, I decided that I'm going to pitch some of my other great ideas. Difference this time, I'm going to pitch them to you guys first.

Totally Awesome Titus Ideas:

1. All purpose, compact bathroom kit. Like the Swiss Army Knives that have so many great options, this kit will include a sealable toothbrush, comb, razor blade, scissors, tweezers, and nail clippers.

2. Hydrogen Bomb equivalent of Napalm. That Day After Tomorrow thread got me thinking about making this insanity a reality. Its simple. All we need is some magic sticks (Compliments of Grav), lighter fluid, deionized water, split plutonium atoms, wooden pencil (leadless of course, for stirring), and a picoscopic sifter to get rid of excess chunks, so it will not only be economically affordable, but efficient for storage.

3. A keyboard that explodes and kills everything within a 3 feet radius when too much "|337" talk is typed. This also pertains to "zagggon" talk, "slaynish" talk, and "unforeseen imbeciles in the future of Zelaron" talk.

4. A "magnetic" hanger. By "magnetic", I mean, attracted to fertilized vaginal fluids that is stored in an IQ < 70 brain capacity body. This way, the hanger does the job for humanity, saving me the unwanted trouble anymore.

Well, as of right now, that is all I have. What do you think, and do you have any super fantastic ideas that you would like to release to the public?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2004-06-04, 06:00 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "The Next Great Invention?"
Non-sweat bread.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2004-06-04, 07:24 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Non-sweat bread."
Non-sogging cereal.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-06-04, 07:28 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Non-sogging cereal."
I liked the first and fourth ones Titus...try and make the first one, patent it, and sell it and make yourself rich and make us Zelaronites wish to achieve the greatness you gained.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2004-06-04, 08:25 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "I liked the first and fourth ones..."
I've been working on a project/invention for the past 13 months. It has alot to do with Propetual montion devices. I've been using magnets, sounds waves, water, wind, heat, trying to find out the most potent energy source. I've found a few tricks where I can get a magnet to spin on a pin forever as long as its not touched, but I need to find a way to make this on a much larger scale, where I can attach gears to it and make a small motor turn over. When I can accomplish this, mass produce it. I WILL BE RICH. And yes, I've drawn up a small basic outline of the possible look of it, and my Uncles attourney has assigned a date in August when I can present it to be patented.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2004-06-04, 10:00 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "I've been working on a..."
I don't know if you're just wanting a non stop motion device, or an endless supply of energy. If i remember right they have already done both. There's a rather eccentric fello (nick named peterpan of all things) who has re-discovered the original battery. It's a crystaline battery cell that picks up latent energy and converts it into an electrical charge. In theory, it doesn't run out of power since it neither stores nor makes it, it's merely a conduit for what's already there.
What I've learned from living in this country : America is a bad word, so is Religion.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tai is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenTai is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Tai

Posted 2004-06-05, 04:07 AM in reply to Tai's post starting "I don't know if you're just wanting a..."
Yes, but thats just a form of energy. I'm looking for a motino to create the energy and keep turn the energy into possible electricity. You can only do so mmuch with a crystalline battery.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2004-06-05, 04:11 AM in reply to Tai's post starting "I don't know if you're just wanting a..."
D3v, we already have perpetual motion shit...the problem is that even if something goes forever, once you tap into that energy it will quickly go away.

Perpetual motion examples? A) the moon. B) NASA once had a shuttle orbiting the Earth and they extended a wire a few miles into space. The idea here was to generate an electric current from the wire going through the Earth's magnetic field at a high speed, much like a generator works. They generated so much electricity that the wire melted. Of course, if you actually put this electricity into use, the counter-magnetism that will be generated will eventually slow the shuttle down and bring it to a gentle crash into the Earth. So the shuttle would have to keep outputting the same amount of thrust energy as electrical energy being consumed, thus the Law of Conservation of Energy taking effect. In other words, energy is not free...ever. Something somewhere is using up its energy.

However, if we get more philosophical, you can get energy that's seemingly free. For example, the sun. Sure, the sun will eventually run out of energy, but you'll be long dead by then, so what does it matter to you? It's free energy from your perspective.

I win.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
TyrranicideDied is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenTyrranicideDied is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

TyrranicideDied

Posted 2004-06-05, 04:37 AM in reply to TyrranicideDied's post starting "D3v, we already have perpetual motion..."
No no no no. Actually, gravity will eventually pull itself intowards itself and explode. As it did trillions of years ago. (big bang?) . And we're not talkign anything philosophical, its more mathamatical.

But there is some work , a magnetic shield engine. Magnetic shielding materials are available. They aren't perfect shields, but for the purposes of this motor they don't need to be perfect.

A freely rotatable armature in the center consists of a permanent magnet partly covered with a magnetic shield (solid black). The shield has openings at the right, near the poles. An outer ring has magnets in a radial array with their north poles inside, firmly fastened to a rigid frame. These magnets are long, so the south poles are at a considerably greater radius than the north poles. The magnetic field from a magnet pole decreases in strength with distance.

The shield apertures permit each armature pole to "see" only a couple of the magnets of the outer ring. Each armature pole is affected primarily by the north poles of the ring, those being nearest. Therefore, in the position shown in the picture, the N pole of the armature is repelled, experiencing a force to the left. The S pole of the armature is attracted, experiencing a force to the right. These two forces make a couple, which rotates the armature clockwise.

Classic simplicity! If you wanted to improve it, those outer magnets could be swung up or down so they were in a cylindrical array of magnets with their axes parallel. Then a similar armature could be placed in the plane of the S poles, operating on the same axle as the armature in the plane of the N poles. This should double the power output!
Attached Images
File Type: gif magpm.gif (6.0 KB, 29 views)

Quote:

Last edited by D3V; 2004-06-05 at 04:41 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2004-06-05, 04:53 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "No no no no. Actually, gravity will..."
It's obvious from D3v's obvious lack of a friction and momentum factor that he is a mathamatical genius!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
TyrranicideDied is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenTyrranicideDied is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

TyrranicideDied

Posted 2004-06-05, 04:59 AM in reply to TyrranicideDied's post starting "It's obvious from D3v's obvious lack of..."
Yeah, and the fact that the moon isn't a propetional motion device means NOTHING... (sov pointed out)

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2004-06-05, 05:06 AM in reply to TyrranicideDied's post starting "It's obvious from D3v's obvious lack of..."
I dont see how friction would be a problem here. Of course, I havn't spent ANY time studying perpetual motion devices, so this is just my speculation.

Friction would be generated when the center magnet spins. But the other magnets on the outside ring will keep on pushing it, and if there isn't a lot of friction, the device should work until the magnets demagnatize.

Lets use a jenga block for example. Put one down on a carpet floor. Weigh it down a bit to so it weighs as much as a small magnet. Now carpeting can cause a lot of friction. Chances are, just by blowing at it, it wont move anywhere. Now, apply enough air pressure, from lets say a high pressure co2 hose, and i guarentee you that the jenga block will start rotating or moving.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-06-05, 05:10 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "I dont see how friction would be a..."
Depending on what you placed on the center magnet, the fricition wouldn't be a problem what so ever.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2004-06-05, 09:33 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "No no no no. Actually, gravity will..."
The only source of power distribution from that model would be to use the magnets in that picture as a fan... Fact is, if you actually wanted to generate something strong enough to actually generate electricity, you would need magnets the size of Rhode Island. I think a better idea would be to try and make a more cost efficient power source, not try to invent some free source of energy via magnets, it's just not practical. Take some Power Distribution Systems, Synchronous Machine Modeling, Power System Analysis, Motor Control Principles, and Energy Management Principles courses, then come back and tell me what you are attempting to invent is even feasible.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2004-06-05, 10:23 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "The only source of power distribution..."
The simple fact of it is that a perpetual motion device is physically impossible. Peterpan did not devise a PMD either, or it would be a widely known discovery, and by widely known, I mean that everybody not living in a cave would know about it. Why? Because it would solve all current and future energy problems.

That's not to say I haven't tossed around numbers and ideas trying to create a PMD. The fact of the matter, however, is that it's (let's hear it again) physically impossible. Want to know why? Because a perpetual motion device's main proposed use is to create energy. Know one of the primary laws of physics? Energy cannot be created or destroyed.

The first step to creating a perpetual motion device is proving N = M where N and M are different constant numbers. If you can prove 1 equal to 2, and it doesn't involve some half-assed, illogical, or incorrect math, then you can build a machine that will perform operations that will do something similar. (i.e. 1 joule in = 2 joules out) However, that one big barrier stands in the way... "physically impossible"

I do have a couple of good ideas for inventions tho... I'm not going to post them here, as I haven't patented them yet. I may tell ya on AIM if you're really interested.
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2004-06-05, 06:25 PM in reply to TyrranicideDied's post starting "D3v, we already have perpetual motion..."
That's why the crystal power cell was so neat lol.

If you want any kind of infinite energy machine, wait a thousand years and see if humans figure out how to tap into singularities. Lol
What I've learned from living in this country : America is a bad word, so is Religion.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tai is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenTai is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Tai

Posted 2004-06-05, 07:18 PM in reply to Tai's post starting "That's why the crystal power cell was..."
How about a cure for cancer.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
platnum is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenplatnum is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

platnum

Posted 2004-06-05, 07:23 PM in reply to platnum's post starting "How about a cure for cancer."
How about we just use petroleum.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
badboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenbadboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

badboy