Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Posted 2007-05-05, 12:04 PM in reply to pr0xy's post starting "This is how I leveled all of my..."
pr0xy said:
This is how I leveled all of my priests.
Wand spec 5
Spirit tap 5
SWP 2
Shadow Focus 3
Respec
Spirit tap 5
SWP 2
Shadow Focus 3
Mindflay 1
Imp Mindblast 4
Shadow weaving 5
VE 1
IMP VE 2
Focused mind 2
Darkness 5
Shadowform 1
Shadow power 5
Misery 4
Vamp Touch 1
Wand spec 5
Improved shield 3
Improved Fort 2
Inner Focus 1
Meditation 3
Martyrdom 1
Mental Agility 5

This build is to decrease downtime and cost of all spells resulting in less down time.
Your spell order after VT should be..
VT
SWP
Mindflay
Mindflay
Mindflay
Wand

Sometimes you can swap out the wand for a mindblast if your gear has enough spirit on it or you have alot of mage waters. This was an effective build for me PVE leveling as well as for PVP while leveling.
I specced holy untill I was high enough for shadow form then I went shadow but I also leveled as shadow priest this way (before vt) For levelign I just did instances and quests really, until I got to 53ish and me and a mage friend aoe grinded lumberjacks. If you can find a mage (Ice preferably) that plays often at the same times as you then your best bet would be to healbot them.
Refering to your last bit, any GOOD mage wouldn't bother getting a priest to help them AOE grind. I had offers when I was AOE grinding with my mage, but I rarely if ever even took damage, and having someone else in the party would slow me down by almost half, unless they can contribute to the killing. I didn't need a healer, because I was smart about my AOE grinding.

A fire mage might need a healer to help them, a frost mage (a good one anyway) should never need a healer to help them AOE grind.

EDIT: Most mages are idiots though, so yeah, do that.

Last edited by !King_Amazon!; 2007-05-05 at 12:07 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-05-05, 01:21 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Refering to your last bit, any GOOD..."
God bless Shatter + Improved Cone of Cold. Granted, it's not as good PvE as Improved Blizzard, but it has its uses.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-05-05, 07:12 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "God bless Shatter + Improved Cone of..."
I originally AOE grinded with Improved Blizzard, but retrospectively I'd probably use shatter + CoC, with improved CoC and permafrost you can keep something snared indefinitely, since CoC has a shorter cooldown than it's duration.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-05-05, 11:31 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I originally AOE grinded with Improved..."
How exactly is the indefinate CoC kiting supposed to work, anyway? Whenever I tried it, I'd either miss monsters 'cause they were out of range, or I'd get hit when I moved in to CoC again. I had the extra range talent.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2007-05-06, 09:37 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "How exactly is the indefinate CoC..."
WetWired said:
How exactly is the indefinate CoC kiting supposed to work, anyway? Whenever I tried it, I'd either miss monsters 'cause they were out of range, or I'd get hit when I moved in to CoC again. I had the extra range talent.
That just means you suck at aiming and position. The method is perfect, the execution is vital, especially when you're fighting stuff that can kill you very quickly.

You just have to get a feel for how far away you can be, taking into consideration your latency. If you've got good latency one day and perfect the method, but the next day you have ~500ms higher latency, your whole method just got Fed in the A. Best I can say is:

Practice
Make sure you have imp CoC, extended range, permafrost, aim with your mouse(if you right click to move your character around, CoC will always shoot directly forward of your camera,) and make sure you do not have frostbite.

You also have to keep in mind that some monsters SEEM to have a farther range than others, I don't know if they do or not, but for example, the crocs in ZG seem to have a normal range, but the tigers seem to be able to attack from farther away. This is just a visual thing, you can HIT them from farther away too, it's very similar to the druid in catform thing, how their range seems screwy.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-05-07, 04:33 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "How exactly is the indefinate CoC..."
WetWired said:
It takes practice, and having a general idea what size a monster's hitbox is.

DEFINITELY make sure you don't have Frostbite, a single mob getting out of the pack will fuck your entire wagon, and fast.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-05-07, 04:34 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "It takes practice, and having a general..."
Vollstrecker said:
It takes practice, and having a general idea what size a monster's hitbox is.

DEFINITELY make sure you don't have Frostbite, a single mob getting out of the pack will fuck your entire wagon, and fast.
It's still doable with frostbite, but it's a LOT trickier. If possible, it's best to avoid frostbite all together. But not entirely impossible if you have it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-05-07, 04:36 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "It's still doable with frostbite, but..."
Pretty much yeah. I found it to be irritatingly more difficult, so I always recommended just skipping Frostbite, at the very least while you're learning.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-05-07, 09:51 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Refering to your last bit, any GOOD..."
!King_Amazon! said:
Refering to your last bit, any GOOD mage wouldn't bother getting a priest to help them AOE grind. I had offers when I was AOE grinding with my mage, but I rarely if ever even took damage, and having someone else in the party would slow me down by almost half, unless they can contribute to the killing. I didn't need a healer, because I was smart about my AOE grinding.

A fire mage might need a healer to help them, a frost mage (a good one anyway) should never need a healer to help them AOE grind.

EDIT: Most mages are idiots though, so yeah, do that.

Ahh huh... And exactly how many mobs do you pull on your mage while AOE grinding? And how do you prevent getting hit by them all? I am talking about big boy aoe grinding here.

Safely pull* And quickly kill.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
pr0xy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenpr0xy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

pr0xy

Posted 2007-05-07, 09:53 PM in reply to pr0xy's post starting "Ahh huh... And exactly how many mobs do..."
pr0xy said:
Ahh huh... And exactly how many mobs do you pull on your mage while AOE grinding? And how do you prevent getting hit by them all? I am talking about big boy aoe grinding here.
There's 2 real options:

1.) Improved Blizzard
2.) Not sucking with Cone of Cold and Permafrost

You could've read the responses after your quoted post to figure that out though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-05-07, 09:53 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Vampiric touch costs more mana than it..."
WetWired said:
Vampiric touch costs more mana than it provides, solo. You'd need to be fighting something with 6000 health for it to pay for itself.
In outlands I always got the mana back for it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
pr0xy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenpr0xy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

pr0xy

Posted 2007-05-07, 09:54 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "There's 2 real options: 1.) ..."
Vollstrecker said:
There's 2 real options:

1.) Improved Blizzard
2.) Not sucking with Cone of Cold and Permafrost

You could've read the responses after your quoted post to figure that out though.

I'd still like to know how you prevent all the mobs from killing you while gathering them up.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

pr0xy

Posted 2007-05-07, 09:56 PM in reply to pr0xy's post starting "I'd still like to know how you prevent..."
I was a big fan of using my Mount.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-05-07, 09:58 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "I was a big fan of using my Mount."
Vollstrecker said:
I was a big fan of using my Mount.
While I can tell that you are attempting to make a valid point... I fail to see how your mount keeps enough aggro as to where the mobs do not run away.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

pr0xy

Posted 2007-05-07, 10:09 PM in reply to pr0xy's post starting "While I can tell that you are..."
pr0xy said:
While I can tell that you are attempting to make a valid point... I fail to see how your mount keeps enough aggro as to where the mobs do not run away.
You put up ice barrier, you mount up, you gather mobs, you dismount, you kill stuff, you win. You do it again. You do it 1000 times. You ding 70.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-05-07, 10:15 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "You put up ice barrier, you mount up,..."
!King_Amazon! said:
You put up ice barrier, you mount up, you gather mobs, you dismount, you kill stuff, you win. You do it again. You do it 1000 times. You ding 70.
Lolz kay. I'll be over here mass killing with my mage buddy. Have fun.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

pr0xy

Posted 2007-05-07, 10:39 PM in reply to pr0xy's post starting "Lolz kay. I'll be over here mass..."
you are vastly superior to me please own me more
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!