Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Forum News, Suggestions and Discussion

*OFFICIAL* Chatbox Bug report thread
Posted 2008-03-05, 11:32 PM
Report any bugs related to the chatbox here.

When reporting a bug, please follow these steps:
  1. Post a thorough description of the bug, including steps to repeat if possible, your web browser name and version
  2. In the chatbox, enter the message
    /copydebug
    to obtain important debug information, which will be placed on the clipboard (after confirmation) on IE, or placed in a new window for other browsers.
    If this doesn't work, you can enter the message
    /debug
    then manually copy and paste from the new pane.
    If you can't get that to work either, please indicate such
  3. Paste the data from step 2 in the message
  4. Get any script errors and add them to the message.
    On IE, there will be a yellow triangle in the icon on the left side of the status bar. Click it to get a dialog with the error messages (IE6 users will have to open the chatbox in a normal window to access this, if it's repeatable -- click here).
    On FF, go to the Tools menu, then select Error Console. Scroll to the bottom and add any errors below the last one ending with "Declaration dropped"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2008-03-07, 08:11 AM in reply to WetWired's post "*OFFICIAL* Chatbox Bug report thread"
No errors, it's not a horrible bug, and nor is it reproducable for people who aren't me, I think.

The problem - the time that the Chatbox displays next to posts is American, rather than GMT.

The time over here was ten past three, in the debug window it shows the time as being ten past three, but the chjatbox itself tells me I'm actually living six hours in the future.

The browser is Maxthon, by the way - it's based on Trident (the layout engine behind IE) and Gecko (the layout engine behind Firefox).

Last edited by Lenny; 2008-03-07 at 08:16 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2008-03-07, 08:45 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "No errors, it's not a horrible bug, and..."
Interesting. I had assumed that the way I was doing the time compensated for user timezone, but apparently it does not. As for the difference on the same page, the debug and alert messages are generated clientside and use your computer's clock, whereas the time on the messages is generated serverside.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2008-03-07, 11:26 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Interesting. I had assumed that the..."
So for whatever reason, the chatbox is not popping up for me anymore.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2008-03-08, 09:45 AM in reply to WetWired's post "*OFFICIAL* Chatbox Bug report thread"
1. When I have the Chatbox open and I click the right arrow to return it to a smaller size, it never actually does. I have to restart FF to get the minichatbox back.

3. Page loaded
[11:42:50] MyChatReadMessages()
[11:42:50] MyChatReadMessages complete
[11:42:50] Communication complete. Status=200 Ping=469
[11:42:50] XML good
[11:42:50] Time=10:41,1204994499
[11:42:51] MyChatReadSchedule(5000)
[11:42:51] Update complete
[11:42:56] MyChatReadMessages()
[11:42:56] MyChatReadMessages complete
[11:42:56] Communication complete. Status=200 Ping=266
[11:42:56] XML good
[11:42:56] Time=10:41,1204994505
[11:42:56] MyChatReadSchedule(10000)
[11:42:56] Update complete

4. All the warnings end with "Declaration dropped" for mychat.php.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2008-03-08, 01:10 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "1. When I have the Chatbox open and I..."
Um yeah, I need to take the arrow off. It doesn't do anything anymore. Because the cookie was screwing up on many browsers for some reason, I changed it.On some browsers, with the cookie, even though the arrow should have set it back, it didn't.
It now just requires you to time out of the popup chatbox (up to 60 seconds), then it comes back on its own. Reloading the browser won't help, you must have just timed out between loading the page, closing, restarting and loading again.

I may get arround to trying to set it up to log you out immediately when closing it, but that's among the lowest of priorities.

Last edited by WetWired; 2008-03-08 at 01:13 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2021-02-16, 11:39 PM in reply to WetWired's post "*OFFICIAL* Chatbox Bug report thread"
1. My chatbox is stuck like this.

2 & 3.
Page loaded
[23:44:6] MyChatReadMessages()
[23:44:6] do=start&pop=0&securitytoken=1613543725-62ffea4b9508a9887f6952065d1087d838a5dd4c&s=
[23:44:6] MyChatReadMessages complete
[23:44:8] Communication complete. Status=200 Ping=2535
[23:44:8] Update complete

4. I don't seem to have this option on Firefox. Here is what I have.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2021-02-23, 03:46 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "1. My chatbox is stuck like this...."
Add a fucking timestamp to the messages jesus christ
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2021-02-23, 08:13 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "Add a fucking timestamp to the messages..."
But then WW wouldn't have a reason to pop by any more
"The belonging you seek is not behind you, it's ahead."
--Maz Kanata
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Silverjinx18 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSilverjinx18 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Silverjinx18

Posted 2021-02-23, 10:51 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "1. My chatbox is stuck like this...."
Follow up: The chatbox seems to be mostly working for me now, though it occasionally gets stuck in the loading state pictured in my previous post. Mostly working is probably acceptable.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2021-02-24, 10:47 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "1. My chatbox is stuck like this...."
Yeah, FireFox decided only the developer version needs any diagnostic capability. At this point, I cannot effectively debug chatbox issues; I’m just too far removed from the time when I wrote the code. I’m pretty sure that the actual problem is the delay by the server on accepting the connection, which applies to every service.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2021-02-24, 11:33 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Follow up: The chatbox seems to be..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
Mostly working is probably acceptable.
Said every coder that's ever written any code ever.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2021-02-28, 07:38 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Yeah, FireFox decided only the..."
WetWired said: [Goto]
Yeah, FireFox decided only the developer version needs any diagnostic capability. At this point, I cannot effectively debug chatbox issues; I’m just too far removed from the time when I wrote the code. I’m pretty sure that the actual problem is the delay by the server on accepting the connection, which applies to every service.

It's literally already in the code, just not displayed:

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2021-03-02, 11:16 AM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "It's literally already in the code,..."
-Spector- said: [Goto]
It's literally already in the code, just not displayed:

I mean, of course the timestamp is in the packet. Doesn't mean it's ever read on the other side :P
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2021-03-02, 03:08 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "I mean, of course the timestamp is in..."
Asamin said: [Goto]
I mean, of course the timestamp is in the packet. Doesn't mean it's ever read on the other side :P
How did you all become 1337 h4x0r5?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2021-03-09, 04:59 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "How did you all become 1337 h4x0r5?"
Botting microsoft paint.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of mass

kaos

Posted 2021-03-09, 07:51 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "I mean, of course the timestamp is in..."
Asamin said: [Goto]

If you think that timestamp is the timestamp from the header in the packet, do I have news for you..

https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc8877
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

-Spector-