Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Post The fanboy in me is pleased.
Posted 2004-01-15, 03:07 AM
http://cube.ign.com/articles/463/463155p1.html

If the link doesn't work, it's an IGN interview with Perrin Kaplan from Nintendo. Gamecube has now officially outsold XBox in the US.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2004-01-15, 03:24 AM in reply to Raziel's post "The fanboy in me is pleased."
The world is now as it should be!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-01-15, 06:38 AM in reply to Raziel's post "The fanboy in me is pleased."
Well, not entirely. All won't be set right until Final Fantasy moves primarily back to Nintendo, Microsoft scraps Rare and the entire staff joins Zoonami, Chrono Break sees the light of day and MY GODDAMNED COPY OF I-NINJA IS RESTING SAFELY IN MY HANDS!!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2004-01-15, 07:55 AM in reply to Raziel's post "The fanboy in me is pleased."
Raziel said:
Well, not entirely. All won't be set right until Final Fantasy moves primarily back to Nintendo, [/B]
Not gonna happen. There's still a lot of resentment between Square Enix and Nintendo, plus the Enix side of the new company has only worked with Sony in the past.

Would be nice, though. Agreed with Chrono Break, though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Rurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Rurouni Storm

Posted 2004-01-15, 01:05 PM in reply to Raziel's post "The fanboy in me is pleased."
lol a bit late too be so proud
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JohnnyTAE is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJohnnyTAE is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

JohnnyTAE

Posted 2004-01-15, 03:05 PM in reply to Raziel's post "The fanboy in me is pleased."
The thing I like about Microsoft buying Rare is that Rare made awesome games for Nintendo systems. The second Microsoft bought them, they've put out two games with poor reviews.

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2004-01-15, 03:11 PM in reply to Raziel's post "The fanboy in me is pleased."
Wow, and it only took the genius idea of marking down the price to a mere 1/3 of their starting price to achieve that! Pathetic. A 2 year old could have seen that theory...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2004-01-18, 01:31 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Wow, and it only took the genius idea..."
Microsoft did the same thing with the XBox. It started at 600 bucks in some places (EB to be specific) and it's selling for 200 bucks now? 150?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2004-01-18, 01:32 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Microsoft did the same thing with the..."
WHen teh hell was it EVER 600!? thats nuts and a ripoff for such a shitty system. Its got oen good game IF that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-01-18, 01:35 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Microsoft did the same thing with the..."
EB doesn't sell new systems by them selves. They force a package deal upon you. It was like 600 for the system, 2 controllers, 1 accessory (such as the DVD remote), a memory card, and 5 games.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2004-01-18, 01:42 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "EB doesn't sell new systems by them..."
Either way, my point is that Microsoft did the exact same thing that Nintendo did, it just didn't work to their advantage as much.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2004-01-19, 12:02 AM in reply to Raziel's post "The fanboy in me is pleased."
I am glad the Gamecube is doing so good.If Gamecube had more online games it would kill the other systems.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dan XIII is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDan XIII is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Dan XIII

Posted 2004-01-19, 12:06 AM in reply to Raziel's post "The fanboy in me is pleased."
Just give it time just give it time
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2004-01-19, 01:13 AM in reply to Raziel's post "The fanboy in me is pleased."
It would take a lot more than just a strong online library for Nintendo to outsell Sony at this point. XBox Live is immensely superior to Sony's online service, and Microsoft is doing substantially worse in console sales.

Nintendo's next console is going to need to be something monstrous in order to start competing with Sony evenly again. Nintendo has already announced that the N5 will be backwards compatible with the Gamecube, and if they added a DVD player as well, that would certainly help to boost sales. If Nintendo also built a more aggressive strategy towards 3rd party support, it would help immensely.

In all honesty, though, it doesn't really matter if Sony is outselling Nintendo. Sony is king of the video game market because they cater to the desires of everyone they possibly can, as opposed to Nintendo, whose development philosophy is structured around a specific audience. As long as Nintendo keeps releasing games and consoles that are of equal caliber to the Gamecube, I'll continue buying them. I just get excited to read articles like this because it reaffirms the notion that Nintendo isn't going away anytime soon.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2004-01-19, 01:33 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "It would take a lot more than just a..."
Raziel said:
It would take a lot more than just a strong online library for Nintendo to outsell Sony at this point. XBox Live is immensely superior to Sony's online service, and Microsoft is doing substantially worse in console sales.

Nintendo's next console is going to need to be something monstrous in order to start competing with Sony evenly again. Nintendo has already announced that the N5 will be backwards compatible with the Gamecube, and if they added a DVD player as well, that would certainly help to boost sales. If Nintendo also built a more aggressive strategy towards 3rd party support, it would help immensely.

In all honesty, though, it doesn't really matter if Sony is outselling Nintendo. Sony is king of the video game market because they cater to the desires of everyone they possibly can, as opposed to Nintendo, whose development philosophy is structured around a specific audience. As long as Nintendo keeps releasing games and consoles that are of equal caliber to the Gamecube, I'll continue buying them. I just get excited to read articles like this because it reaffirms the notion that Nintendo isn't going away anytime soon.
I think Nintendo will keep selling games and systems forever.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dan XIII is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDan XIII is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Dan XIII

Posted 2004-01-19, 12:02 PM in reply to Dan XIII's post starting "I think Nintendo will keep selling..."
Actually, they've considered making their next console their last and concentrating on game development and the Game Boy systems.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Rurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Rurouni Storm

Posted 2004-01-19, 06:45 PM in reply to Rurouni Storm's post starting "Actually, they've considered making..."
The day Nintendo dies is the day I cry.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!