Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Member Introductions

pathetic newbie...and angry

Posted 2008-03-17, 05:53 PM
hello all,

first, i want to confess that i know absolutely NOTHING about hacking or anything.... and so i humbly arrive at your domain

i'd understand if you'd simply ignore me or dismiss me

here's my dilemna:

my wife of 14 years is cheating on me...i have a VERY strong suspicion

neither one of us are computer savvy, but i recently found out how to check the history in our web browser ( i know...pathetic...i told you...but i don't know where else to turn)

anyway, she frequents a forum that appears to have only a dozen or so members... now, i have NO interest in hacking, or whatever it is called that implies any malicious intent...i just want to read what's going on

can ANYONE help me!?....

i'd post the url of the forum but i don't think it's allowed...anyway, i humbly ask for anyone's help
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
js1268 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenjs1268 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

js1268

Posted 2008-03-17, 05:59 PM in reply to js1268's post "pathetic newbie...and angry"
Welcome to Zelaron!

---

To answer your question - first of all, we're not allowed to talk about hacking, but that's alright, because what you want to do is nothing near hacking.

Basically, you can just make an account on that forum, as you did here, and read what's going on. Obviously make the account completely unrelated to yourself to avoid confrontation (for example, go to somewhere like www.yahoo.com and make a new e-mail account specifically for that forum, and register using false details).

Just a word, though - whilst I know nothing of the situation, now have I had any experience of it, make sure you have solid evidence before doing anything. A suspicion is just that - a suspicion. Unless it is grounded in indisputible evidence and fact, then leave the rash decisions out of it. You don't want to see a marriage of 14 years ruined unnecessarily because you had a feeling.

If you want to discuss it more, then feel free to post it in the Life Discussion forum. I can assure you that the replies you get will be serious (and if not, then I have the power to delete them).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2008-03-17, 06:38 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Welcome to Zelaron! --- To..."
If you really want to know your wifes internet conversations, get her passwords. Assuming she uses the same computer as you, install a key-logger on your computer. Note: make sure it's not just any old key-logger. Make sure it stays hidden!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2008-03-17, 08:28 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "If you really want to know your wifes..."
he could have registered there the same as here

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2008-03-17, 08:38 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "he could have registered there the same..."
Well, if he wants access to his wife's private messages that would not work. If he simply wants to read the forum, then yes.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2008-03-17, 10:17 PM in reply to js1268's post "pathetic newbie...and angry"
Have you tried looking at the temporary internet files for the site? Most browsers will have an easy way to get to them near where you clear them. Once there, you can copy out and view any pages.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2008-03-18, 12:44 AM in reply to js1268's post "pathetic newbie...and angry"
js1268 said:
hello all,

first, i want to confess that i know absolutely NOTHING about hacking or anything.... and so i humbly arrive at your domain

i'd understand if you'd simply ignore me or dismiss me

here's my dilemna:

my wife of 14 years is cheating on me...i have a VERY strong suspicion

neither one of us are computer savvy, but i recently found out how to check the history in our web browser ( i know...pathetic...i told you...but i don't know where else to turn)

anyway, she frequents a forum that appears to have only a dozen or so members... now, i have NO interest in hacking, or whatever it is called that implies any malicious intent...i just want to read what's going on

can ANYONE help me!?....

i'd post the url of the forum but i don't think it's allowed...anyway, i humbly ask for anyone's help
Go to the forum, see what she's posting. If you really want to figure out what she's up to, find a nice keylogger. There are plenty of keyloggers that are made specifically for parents to monitor their kids, and that should work especially if she isn't very computer savvy.

However, I'd suggest that unless you've got some relatively hard evidence, don't do much snooping. You'll see something that you see as incriminating that might actually just be innocent, you confront her about it, and she then knows you've been snooping on her, and for no reason at all. Don't break the trust in the relationship, as that's one of the most important things in a relationship.

I'm curious, why don't you trust her? Has she given you any reason not to? Are you just a naturally jealous person? If you don't trust her, even if she isn't cheating, there may be some issues that you need to take care of.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-03-18, 01:54 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Go to the forum, see what she's..."
Welcome?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-03-18, 08:15 AM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "Welcome?"
-Spector- said:
Welcome?
That's what I was thinking.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2008-03-18, 09:29 AM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "That's what I was thinking."
WELCOME! We love cheaters, beaters and morons here!

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-03-18, 09:58 AM in reply to js1268's post "pathetic newbie...and angry"
I have a strong suspicion you won't be back, but welcome anyhow.

Here's my question: Why would you think your wife is cheating on you because she's visiting an Internet forum? Is it a personal/dating forum or something?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-03-18, 10:44 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "I have a strong suspicion you won't be..."
Maybe he's talking about Myspace, if that's the case then yes she is cheating on you, go get a better job, take an Internet 101 course at your local CC and take a loan out and get a Lambroghini.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-03-18, 05:57 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Maybe he's talking about Myspace, if..."
D3V said:
Maybe he's talking about Myspace, if that's the case then yes she is cheating on you, go get a better job, take an Internet 101 course at your local CC and take a loan out and get a Lambroghini.
After I read D3v's advice I got a new job, a model wife, and am now a millionaire.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-03-19, 03:23 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "After I read D3v's advice I got a new..."
Congrats Willkill, congrats.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-