Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

Netflix
Posted 2012-02-20, 10:13 PM
any recommendations? trying to break my subscription a little more.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2012-02-21, 06:15 AM in reply to D3V's post "Netflix"
D3V said: [Goto]
any recommendations? trying to break my subscription a little more.
X-files could keep you busy for some time.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2012-02-21, 11:04 AM in reply to D3V's post "Netflix"
Top Gear UK
Border Wars
Dual Survival
Bones
Ransay's Kitchen Nightmares
The Universe
Ramsay's Best Restaurant.

I only have the streaming plan, so these all can be added to instant queue. With the exception of bones, they are all pretty much either science or some sort of documentary series.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2012-02-21, 05:14 PM in reply to D3V's post "Netflix"
I'm not sure what Netflix has, but these are some of my favourites programmes that you should watch, if you haven't already:

Alcatraz
Chuck
Community
Fringe
Person of Interest

There are also some UK programmes you should watch, whether they're on Netflix or not (and I guess that most won't be):

The IT Crowd
Life on Mars
The Mighty Boosh
Misfits
Not Going Out
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2012-02-21, 05:44 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I'm not sure what Netflix has, but..."
I've been watching through Star Trek: The Next Generation lately on Netflix. I used to think Star Trek was stupid but TNG is actually pretty amazing.

Prior to that I watched Eureka which is pretty awesome. Prior to that I watched The Glades which was pretty entertaining. Prior to that I watched Merlin (UK) which was not terrible if you like that sort of thing. Prior to that I watched Sons of Anarchy which was great. Prior to that I watched the first season of Spartacus, which is an amazing show. A word of warning, the first episode of Spartacus is incredibly below par. If you can make it past the first episode, the show is incredible.

Other than that, Netflix has 5 seasons of Weeds, a bunch of episodes of Pawn Stars/Man vs Wild/Survivorman, the first season of The Walking Dead, and a bunch of other crap.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-02-22, 01:11 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I've been watching through Star Trek:..."
Ah yes, I've watched every episode of 'The Universe', fantastic stuff, as well as Top Gear.

And Lennard, I've seen Chuck a bunch of times, but never got into it enought to keep up with it

Never been into Star Trek too much, not my cup of tea. I've pretty much been mushing up to space/medical documentaries and standup comedies, lol.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2012-02-22, 03:50 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Ah yes, I've watched every episode of..."
D3V said: [Goto]
Never been into Star Trek too much, not my cup of tea.

You might be pleasantly surprised if you actually attempt to watch the first couple of episodes from the first season of Star Trek: The Next Generation. I used to feel exactly the same way until I actually started watching the show, and now I can see why it is so popular. It's an amazing show from the start and only gets better as you get further along. Chruser recently started the series himself and appears to be enjoying it when he has the time.

It really is a character driven show, which is why starting from the beginning has such a large effect on the enjoyment gained from watching the show. It's similar to M*A*S*H in that watching an individual episode can be enjoyable even if you haven't seen previous episodes, but watching from the beginning allows you to follow the character development of the show.

Speaking of M*A*S*H, that's another incredible TV series if you haven't seen it. It's also a series that I thought was stupid when I was young, but decided to watch one day and fell in love. M*A*S*H is probably still my favorite TV series ever. Also, I Love Lucy. It's definitely in my top 5, if not top 3.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-02-22, 07:30 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "You might be pleasantly surprised if..."
Agreed Star Trek has grown on me aswell I suggest watching The Orginal Series.

Stanley Cups
2015 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2014 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2013 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2012 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2011 Stanley Cup Champions: The Boston Bruins. C-Zdeno Chara
2010 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks C-Jonathon Toews
2009 Stanley Cup Champions: The Pittsburgh Penguins C-Sidney Crosby
2008 Stanley Cup Champions: The Detroit Red Wings C-Nicklas Lidstrom
2007 Stanley Cup Champions: The Ducks Of Anaheim C-Scott Neidermayer
2006 Stanley Cup Champions: The Carolina Hurricanes C-Rod Brind'Amour
2004 Stanley Cup Champions: The Tampa Bay Lightning C-Dave Andreychuk

Longevity

TWELVE YEAR VETERAN (October 2002)

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
quikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifequikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

quikspy67

Posted 2012-02-22, 04:15 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Ah yes, I've watched every episode of..."
Stargate SG-1 is also a good catch until maybe the end of season 7. I think that's when the main antagonist switches to the Ori. After that, it was still decent but I just didn't get into it as much
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2012-02-22, 11:41 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Stargate SG-1 is also a good catch..."
SG-1 with MacGyver > SG-U > All other SG-1 > SG-A

And yes, there's a reason that SG-1 was the longest continuously running science fiction TV series. The story is good, you can relate to the characters, it doen't get terribly sci-fi until later on in the seasons, and the acting is good.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2012-02-23, 07:16 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "SG-1 with MacGyver > SG-U > All other..."
>.> ... ive grown to hate netflix in the past few weeks from people constantly using it and taking all the internet and then complaining when i have to download something ..... i think i might just block netflix and see how they like it
Tim
I know you
said not to
deal w/ them
I didn't think
I'm lost and
I'm sorry
They Know
Run
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
jamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed it

jamer123

Posted 2012-02-23, 12:12 PM in reply to jamer123's post starting ">.> ... ive grown to hate netflix in..."
I hate when people take all the internet.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-02-23, 02:16 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I hate when people take all the..."
I know right? It's like... dude, c'mon. Share.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2012-02-23, 11:49 PM in reply to D3V's post "Netflix"
Kids in the Hall.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2012-02-27, 10:29 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "You might be pleasantly surprised if..."
I've actually watched a couple episodes of the series, and I think my problem has always been starting in random spots, in random seasons. Maybe starting over from scratch could reinvigorate?

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2012-02-27, 11:37 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "I've actually watched a couple episodes..."
I guarantee if you watch a few episodes starting from the beginning you'll get hooked. There are some kickass episodes in the first season, and the characters are what make the show so amazing, particularly Picard, Data, Worf, and Geordi. As the characters develop, the show gets exponentially better.

For the record, I've never watched the original series, and it doesn't detract from TNG to not watch the original series as far as I can tell.

Last edited by !King_Amazon!; 2012-02-28 at 12:30 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-02-28, 08:04 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I guarantee if you watch a few episodes..."
You should totally watch the old X-men cartoon from the 90s.
It's got over 5 seasons, and the second and third season are beyond superb.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2012-02-28, 09:19 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I guarantee if you watch a few episodes..."
The only two that tie in with each other, really, are TNG and DS9. Even that is a very loose connection.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2012-02-29, 06:55 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I guarantee if you watch a few episodes..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
I guarantee if you watch a few episodes starting from the beginning you'll get hooked. There are some kickass episodes in the first season, and the characters are what make the show so amazing].
Sounds like the MLP defense.

Also, D3V, check out MLP:FiM. Not on Netflix, but it's still in 1080 on youtube.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2012-02-29, 06:59 AM in reply to D3V's post "Netflix"
I started watching Homeland the other day, and I'm up to the last episode now. If you didn't watch it when it aired, and it's on Netflix, watch it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny