Server - Bechafen (RvR)
Faction - Destruction
Race - Goblin
Class - Shaman (Gnarg)

WetWired
Server - Wasteland (Core)
Faction - Order
Race - High Elf
Class - Archmage (Ira), Swordmaster (Tatyana), BrightWizard (Zhenya)

Backstory (for those who want the lore)
Warhammer's Lore

System Requirements

Windows XP
2.5 GHz P4 (single core) processor or equivalent
1 Gigabyte RAM
A 128 MB Video Card, with support for Pixel Shader 2.0
At least 15 GB of hard drive space

Windows Vista
2.5 GHz P4 processor or equivalent
2 Gigabyte RAM
A 128 MB Video Card, with support for Pixel Shader 2.0
At least 15 GB of hard drive space

Supported Videocards

ATI Radeon (TM) series
9500, 9600, 9800
X300, X600, X700, X800, X850
X1300, X1600, X1800, X1900, X1950
2400, 2600, 2900
3650, 3850, 3870
4850, 4870

Nvidia GeForce Series
FX 5900, FX 5950
6600, 6800
7600, 7800, 7900, 7950
8400, 8500, 8600, 8800
9400, 9500, 9600, 9800
GTX 260, GTX 280

Intel(R) Extreme Graphics
GMA X4500

Server Definetions

Core (http://warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_servers)
Core servers are just what you'd expect. These are servers that have everything Warhammer has to offer, with no special changes to the normal ruleset. RvR is confined to lakes and Scenarios, and there are two opposing realms engaged in the WAR. Players may only engage in Player vs. Player combat when flagged to do so in specific areas around the world. Select a Core ruleset server for the original exciting gameplay experience that WAR was designed to offer.

Open RVR (http://warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_servers)
The Open RvR servers feature RvR flagging everywhere except for the Tier 1 Chapter area and the surrounding PvE content. Once players leave this area, they will be flagged for RvR anywhere in the game. Open RvR servers are perfect for those who want to add an extra challenge to their gaming experience. Players must constantly watch their backs or risk attack by enemies everywhere they go! Only members of opposing realms may attack each other; the Open RvR server still focuses on Order versus Destruction.

RP/Open RVR (http://warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_servers)
Any server flagged as Roleplay will follow the same rules as above, but with an additional set of guidelines. These servers are for those players who enjoy truly immersing themselves into the Warhammer lore by acting as their characters' personalities in-game. Players who opt to participate on a Role Playing server must agree to far more specific rules regarding naming, and it is suggested that players would adhere to WAR or high fantasy conduct and behavior.

Server List

Core (US)
Red Eye Mountain - Skull Throne - Badlands - Sylvania - Gorfang - Grimnir - Rakarth - Kislev - Be`lackor - Tor Achare - Reikland - Middenheim - Marienburg - Kragg - Volkmar - Monolith - Saphery - Thorgrim - Heldenhammer - Sea of Claws - Wasteland - Sea of Malice - Drakwald - Ironfist - Drifting Castle

Open RVR (US)
Hochland - Wolfenburg - Dark Crag - Praag - Wurtbad - Stoutheart - Artois -Southlands - Bugman - Bechafen

Roleplay (US)
Phoenix Throne - Skavenblight - Avelorn

RP/Open RVR (US)
Chaos Wastes - Tower of Doom - Vaul's Anvil

Warhammer Cinematics

Number 1
BORKED

Number 2
BORKED

Races and Classes

Order
Dwarf
Ironbreaker - Rune Priest - Engineer
Empire
Bright Wizard - Warrior Priest - Witch Hunter
High Elf
Sword Master - Archmage - Shadow Warrior - White Lion
Destruction
Greenskins
Black Orc - Shaman - Squig Herder
Chaos
Chosen - Magus - Zealot - Marauder
Dark Elf
Witch Elf - Sorceress - Disciple of Khaine
Frequently Asked Questions
Warhammer FAQ's

Zelaron's Warhammer Section
Warhammer Public Usergroup

I will continue to update this page with fresh information, or requested information. Hopefully drawing some more interest into this game.

Last edited by Kazilla; 2008-09-28 at 06:48 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-09-14, 05:52 PM in reply to Kazilla's post "Warhammer Online"
I played this a bit in the beta and have pre-ordered the game. While it does steal a lot of stuff from WoW, that's not always a bad thing. It has an interesting feel to it and public quests are a blast.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2008-09-14, 06:08 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "I played this a bit in the beta and..."
Actually WoW stole alot of things from Warhammer, and Warhammer stole alot of things from Dungeons and Dragons >_<. World of Warcraft was just the first to turn it into a decent MMO (guild wars failed). All further MMO's that don't follow suit will is an attempt in changing the way MMO players game.

I have about five friends included my girlfriend who will be playing this. I will see how they think about a Zelaron guild. Perhaps I can persuade them into joining Zelaron as the guild would be hosted here. Should also result in a show of activity for members looking to join depending on how popular we get.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-09-14, 09:15 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "Actually WoW stole alot of things from..."
You're a moron. WoW came out four years before Warhammer. The stuff Warhammer stole is gameplay related. Noone but noone gives a damn about any story/senario similarities.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2008-09-14, 09:55 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "You're a moron. WoW came out four..."
Without Dungeons and Dragons there would have been no Warhammer, and without Warhammer there would have been no World of Warcraft. To say that World of Warcraft thought of everyone by itself and stole no idea's from anything is absurd. Dungeons and Dragons created multiplayer questing, and roleplaying. Take that away from World of Warcraft and you have nothing.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-09-14, 09:56 PM in reply to Kazilla's post "Warhammer Online"
When I got into the beta I was excited... when I played the beta it all faded away.

I'd stick with wow.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2008-09-14, 10:03 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "When I got into the beta I was..."
I can't return to WoW... I have since deleted all of my 70's in an attempt to escape its grasps! So, I found refuge in Warhammer .
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-09-14, 10:10 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "Without Dungeons and Dragons there..."
Again, you're retarded or blind. Read what I'm saying. World of Warcraft put together the set of gameplay details that resulted in a fun and profitable experience. There were many MMORPGs before WoW, but they did not have all those features. Almost every good feature from WoW has been put in Warhammer. Warhammer gameplay is like WoW's gameplay refined for four years by the devs and mod makers. They've added many good features of their own and from other games, but at the core, the gameplay is a ripoff from WoW. I'm not talking about the things that make it a multiplayer RPG; of course it has those things -- that's what it is.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2008-09-14, 10:12 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "When I got into the beta I was..."
For me it was the opposite. I thought "My friend isn't using his beta account. I'm kind of interested in what it's like." The longer I waited for the download, the less interested I became, but when I actually started playing, I didn't want to stop.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2008-09-14, 11:47 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Again, you're retarded or blind. Read..."
World of Warcraft innovated every aspect of Dungeons and Dragons..

Dungeons and Dragons
WetWired said:
put together the set of gameplay details that resulted in a fun experience.

World of Warcraft
WetWired said:
put together the set of gameplay details that resulted in a fun and profitable experience.

Tell me, how can you pretend like WoW came up with this stuff?

Last edited by Kazilla; 2008-09-15 at 12:58 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-09-15, 07:05 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "World of Warcraft innovated every..."
You can you be so hard headed? We're talking about computer games here. And as a computer game, WoW was very innovative.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2008-09-15, 07:14 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "You can you be so hard headed? We're..."
I agree it was, but it took what DND created to make WoW. WoW didn't think of anything for itself. Everything in it has come from DND.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-09-15, 07:18 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "I agree it was, but it took what DND..."
Again, this is the forum where we discuss computer games, not paper and pencil games.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2008-09-16, 03:13 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "I agree it was, but it took what DND..."
Kazilla said: [Goto]
I agree it was, but it took what DND created to make WoW. WoW didn't think of anything for itself. Everything in it has come from DND.
DnD was also heavily inspired by fantasy literature before that, this is always a stupid fucking repetitive argument where we measure the imaginative phalli of our favorite game/universe/blah blah.

I'm often the first person to point out Blizzard's habit of blatantly stealing material, but goddamn you must not speak the english or something.

Edit: For something on-topic, I'm mostly of a mind with Sovereign. Played the Beta 6 months ago, shit sucked. Played again about a week ago, was a little better, but still ended up sucking. Mythic's concept of balance is slightly retarded and it's buggier than hell STILL, with it being released what, this week?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2008-09-16, 06:15 AM in reply to Kazilla's post "Warhammer Online"
So what server are you playing on, Kaz? (Or anyone else that's playing)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2008-09-16, 07:17 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "So what server are you playing on, Kaz?..."
Vollstrecker said:
DnD was also heavily inspired by fantasy literature
I'm sure it did, however the argument was that WoW stole things from past games. If we were to argue about what DND took from then there would be another whole 12 or so posts on it. What did fantasy literature steal from? That is the question.

WetWired said:
So what server are you playing on, Kaz? (Or anyone else that's playing)
I wasn't able to get into beta, so I don't know the current server situation. I'll see if I can google a list in a little bit, ill post and call my buddies see what they are playing on.

~Update, I will most likely be playing on one of the RVR servers. I definetly won't be on the Roleplay however, there is a chance I will make an appearance on a Core server. That all depends how bad the ganking (is that what they call it on WAR?) is.

~Update, I originally planned to create a Goblin Shaman in order to enhance my friends in combat. We all decided on destruction. I'll create a who's playing who up top once I get some feedback. Goblin Shaman is still my idea, however I'm unsure as to which server they are playing on atm. They are big Warhammer fans, and I could actually seeing some of them playing on a RP server. We will see how it goes though.

Which server/faction/class/race are you going to play?

Last edited by Kazilla; 2008-09-16 at 08:35 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-09-16, 10:12 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "I'm sure it did, however the argument..."
I'm going to start with a High Elf Healer/Mage class like I did in beta, so I guess it doesn't matter. I'd do a RvR realm, but I don't think I'll be devoting the time I'd need for that to be viable (I'd need to have a group of people to level with and I'd probably fall behind). You can find a list of realms on the warhammer site under realm status, though it doesn't list types. I'm going to create my characters during lunch today.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2008-09-16, 10:28 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "I'm going to start with a High Elf..."
I found a site on google that listed each realm along with its type, and then I also found the definitions of each realm. I added them above.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-09-16, 11:12 AM in reply to Kazilla's post "Warhammer Online"
I'm order on wasteland
Ira Archmage
Tatyana Swordmaster
Zhenya Bright Wizard
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2008-09-16, 05:37 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "I'm sure it did, however the argument..."
Destruction is the new Alliance, all of my guildies have switched to Order since Open Beta.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker