Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Life Discussion

I have a problem.
Posted 2007-08-17, 08:04 PM
Well, about 8 months or so ago my ex-fiance and I broke up. We had a child together, and at the time of the break up he was going back to Colorado to live with his family. I (stupidly) trusted him to take the child with him to allow his family to see the baby, since they had not seen him at all. Well, of course at this time he swore up and down that he still loved me and was going to do his best in CO to prove that and get a good job and build a life for us. He told me he didn't want to be with anyone else. He also swore to me that he would not keep Dante from myself and his brother Vincent.

Well, not two weeks into being back in CO, he is already with another girl, which is really no big deal, except he lied to me about not wanting to be with other people after I knew he did, and I openly gave him the option to explore.

Well, through this 8 months, I have seen my son a total of 4 hours, and probably talked to him maybe 4 times. This guy REFUSES to respond to my e-mails, call me, or in any way tell me anything. Since he moved into his own place and got a new number, he has only called me once and left his number private so I had no way to contact him.

The police there, even though my mom had custody, and the papers to prove it, refused to do a thing about it. I don't know what to do any more, because it seems even when I turn to the law for help, they just blow me off.

So, I was wondering if anyone had been through this kind of thing before, or knows anything about the matter so maybe I can find a way to solve this.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hunsy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenHunsy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hunsy

Posted 2007-08-17, 08:06 PM in reply to Hunsy's post "I have a problem."
That's a shitty situation, Hun. Perhaps try contacting a lawyer.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2007-08-17, 08:12 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "That's a shitty situation, Hun. Perhaps..."
mjordan2nd said:
That's a shitty situation, Hun. Perhaps try contacting a lawyer.
Yeah I did that, and the only thing he told me is that we could go to court, and maybe the judge would issue an emergency custody order. The only reason the judge would even be somewhat inclined to do so was because my mom had custody. Otherwise, I can only try to find the time to go to court up in CO, and hope that I get custody.

I am really trying to find a way also to avoid lawyers and courts. I have enough legal issues with my son here, and I would like to find a way to try and make this as painless as possible.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hunsy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenHunsy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hunsy

Posted 2007-08-17, 08:47 PM in reply to Hunsy's post starting "Yeah I did that, and the only thing he..."
That's pretty rough for him to just give you the uber cold shoulder like that. You've only seen your son 4 hours out of the 8 months? Jesus fucking Ricky Christ, that guy sounds psychotic. Does he think you're a bad influence? Or is he just trying to be mean? That is just wrong in so many ways, you should be allowed to see the kid you gave birth to. And if your mom had custody, shouldn't she be able to do something about it?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-08-17, 08:51 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "That's pretty rough for him to just..."
Alright well your first problem is you named your kids Vincent and Dante.

Simple, if he does not have custody, file a kidnapping charge. What he's technically done is kidnapped the boy if he doesn't have custody of him.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-08-17, 09:26 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Alright well your first problem is you..."
!King_Amazon! said:
Simple, if he does not have custody, file a kidnapping charge. What he's technically done is kidnapped the boy if he doesn't have custody of him.
Beat me to it.

He's obviously avoiding you and attempting to keep the child. It doesn't sound like he's going to be interested in compromise, so have your mother file a kidnapping charge and watch how open he becomes to talking when facing a standard 10-year prison sentence for kidnapping.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-08-17, 09:29 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Alright well your first problem is you..."
!King_Amazon! said:
Alright well your first problem is you named your kids Vincent and Dante.

Thats what i was thinking. If you have custody papers and he isnt allowing you to see them, then he is kidnapping your kids.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2007-08-17, 09:48 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "Thats what i was thinking. If you have..."
Also, don't call the police there. Get with your local police. They can handle it from there.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-08-17, 09:51 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Also, don't call the police there. Get..."
Exactly, have your mother report it as a kidnapping, and give the police the information you have about the father. Let him have it in the nuts if he wants to play hardball.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-08-17, 10:04 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Exactly, have your mother report it as..."
Only thing that might fuck you over is the fact that you've waited 8 months to file any charges x_X. But it's definitely the route to go.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-08-17, 10:15 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Exactly, have your mother report it as..."
Vollstrecker said:
Exactly, have your mother report it as a kidnapping, and give the police the information you have about the father. Let him have it in the nuts if he wants to play hardball.
My mom has talked to them here....I am pretty sure they told her it had to be done there, and even though his name isn't on the birth records, my son's last name is his. That was part of the problem too, the police here, and there, don't want to do anything because he claims to be the father, even though he has no proof of it. That is what the police here told her part of our problem was. But that doesn't seem right. I will talk to her again about what they said, but in ways, I think the police are just fucking off because they do not want to get involved.

Oh and K_A, since when are the names Vincent and Dante so bad. (Honestly, I hate most boy names, and those were some of the few I actually liked. Gimme a girl, and I have quite a few names I like.)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Hunsy

Posted 2007-08-17, 10:21 PM in reply to Hunsy's post starting "My mom has talked to them here....I am..."
Since they sound like they should be wearing all red and black and killing evil shit.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-08-17, 10:22 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Since they sound like they should be..."
!King_Amazon! said:
Since they sound like they should be wearing all red and black and killing evil shit.
LOL ok then.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Hunsy

Posted 2007-08-17, 10:37 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Since they sound like they should be..."
Devil May Cry?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-08-17, 10:40 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Devil May Cry?"
And Final Fantasy 7.

Dante is from Devil May Cry, Vincent is from Final Fantasy 7, both were pretty dark characters.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-08-17, 10:42 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "And Final Fantasy 7. Dante is from..."
Should have named them Ebony and Ivory?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-08-17, 10:48 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "And Final Fantasy 7. Dante is from..."
!King_Amazon! said:
And Final Fantasy 7.

Dante is from Devil May Cry, Vincent is from Final Fantasy 7, both were pretty dark characters.
I know I am a gamer and all, so I suppose that is why people think I named my kids the names I did. I did not though. I actually went through the baby books and all. I suppose if I was going to name my kids after some people from games, those two would be pretty good.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Hunsy

Posted 2007-08-17, 10:50 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Should have named them Ebony and Ivory?"
Or Hadriel and Izual.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-08-17, 10:52 PM in reply to Hunsy's post starting "My mom has talked to them here....I am..."
Hunsy said:
My mom has talked to them here....I am pretty sure they told her it had to be done there, and even though his name isn't on the birth records, my son's last name is his. That was part of the problem too, the police here, and there, don't want to do anything because he claims to be the father, even though he has no proof of it. That is what the police here told her part of our problem was. But that doesn't seem right. I will talk to her again about what they said, but in ways, I think the police are just fucking off because they do not want to get involved.

Oh and K_A, since when are the names Vincent and Dante so bad. (Honestly, I hate most boy names, and those were some of the few I actually liked. Gimme a girl, and I have quite a few names I like.)
May I ask how old you are?? Also why don't you have custody? why does your mom?... I know alot about custody. I could help you since my dad is a Divorce Lawyer and he handles cases with kids and who has custody of them.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
The1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenThe1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

The1

Posted 2007-08-17, 10:53 PM in reply to The1's post starting "May I ask how old you are?? Also why..."
By this you mean you're 50 years old and you want to steal her kids away from her so you can do dirty things to them.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!