Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you like money?
Yes 9 81.82%
No 1 9.09%
Doesn't matter, it's just money 1 9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Money
Posted 2007-08-19, 06:33 AM
Anyone here a fan? I mean, it's nice to have! If I were financially stable it wouldn't matter much to me; just as long as I didn't have a negative amount.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-08-19, 07:45 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post "Money"
He who says he does not like it, is either lying, or had a very bad experience as a kid with a note... maybe he was drowning in a pile of tenners.

The only problem with money is that once I've got it, I either want to buy everything, or it just ends up sat in my account for months, gathering dust and the odd penny of interest.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-08-19, 08:51 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post "Money"
I've always been able to manage my money well. For 19, I've paid off (finally) my $8k car, got an apt., etc etc. Yes, I like money. But it's not everything!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-08-19, 10:30 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "I've always been able to manage my..."
My parents are being more than generous in giving me money for college, and I can't get myself to accept all of it. My dad just responds with 'It's just money', but I figure I'll help them with building projects and other stuff when I'm home on breaks.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-08-19, 10:53 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "My parents are being more than generous..."
I don't care about money much at all. When I have it, I usually end up spending it on my family, or giving it to/spending it on my friends, because there isn't a whole lot I want that is material in the world.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hunsy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenHunsy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hunsy

Posted 2007-08-19, 10:54 PM in reply to Hunsy's post starting "I don't care about money much at all...."
Not even drugs or lottery tickets or hookers?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-08-19, 10:56 PM in reply to Hunsy's post starting "I don't care about money much at all...."
Hunsy said:
I don't care about money much at all. When I have it, I usually end up spending it on my family, or giving it to/spending it on my friends, because there isn't a whole lot I want that is material in the world.
You want the power to control the undead, don't you? I know I do. Just admit it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-08-19, 10:57 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Not even drugs or lottery tickets or..."
HandOfHeaven said:
Not even drugs or lottery tickets or hookers?
No lol....I don't do any of that stuff. My mom is addicted to drugs and lotto tickets, so I have seen how bad that is, and hookers are gross....I have more class than that (and a girlfriend) lol.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hunsy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenHunsy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hunsy

Posted 2007-08-19, 10:57 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "You want the power to control the..."
I wish you could pay archers to kill people.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-08-19, 11:00 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "I wish you could pay archers to kill..."
I liek to shoot people with bowz.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-08-21, 01:00 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "I liek to shoot people with bowz."
I don't care for money much... if I could I would bartter(sp?) for everything...
Like it or Leave it<3
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
NyxianaSpades is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenNyxianaSpades is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

NyxianaSpades

Posted 2007-08-21, 07:40 AM in reply to NyxianaSpades's post starting "I don't care for money much... if I..."
Wow, you play too many video games...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-08-21, 08:36 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Wow, you play too many video games..."
Of course, everyone likes money. Money = Power... Like Thanatos I feel that if I've managed my money pretty well for a kid my age, maybe not as much as him, but MUCH better than MOST of the people I know of... I just don't work enough for my liking.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-08-21, 10:47 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Of course, everyone likes money. Money..."
Even when I was a kid I'd save up my $5 allowance I got every week until I could buy gaming systems, a TV, etc.

I feel bad for the kids that were spoiled because they're gonna be fucked when they get out in the real world.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-08-21, 11:00 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Even when I was a kid I'd save up my $5..."
Yep basically. I did the same, i'd save lunch money alot of the times too, and buy other kids for cheaper that had free lunch, etc if I was hungry, or even take free lunches and sell em for a buck. Used to sell lots and lots of candy in Jr High and 9/10th grade.

And like you said, we have all of these little shitheads out there that spew out money that isnt' even theirs to begin with and get whatever they want, I love when reality check hits little bastards like this.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-08-21, 11:03 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Yep basically. I did the same, i'd save..."
I never got an allowance .
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-08-21, 11:13 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "I never got an allowance :(."
All I'd ever get was lunch money, which was basically allowence, and still had to do chores all the time

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2007-08-21, 11:17 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "All I'd ever get was lunch money, which..."
Aww, chores. I'll be glad I only have to do ones for my room in a day. I did get paid $10-20 if I did several extra ones or large tasks that took an afternoon.

Who put down no?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-08-22, 08:30 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Wow, you play too many video games..."
HandOfHeaven said:
Wow, you play too many video games...
no I like my heritage I'm about 60% Native american I think it would be more benificial to everyone to have equal chance's by working than just happen to be the first on hired at 7-11 or something like that...
Like it or Leave it<3
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
NyxianaSpades is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenNyxianaSpades is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

NyxianaSpades

Posted 2007-08-22, 10:14 PM in reply to NyxianaSpades's post starting "no I like my heritage I'm about 60%..."
Well ill be the first to say it but i love to spend money. I love going to the bar and just being able to buy drinks without the worry that the money supply is ending. I also like to buy expensive things and eat high quality products. But because i am a poor college boy, i cant do any of the above. It makes me sad but i know that one day, all the saving i do, whether it be investing in an IRA or putting my account in a CD, i wil lbe able to do whatever i want when i want so i am looking foward to that day.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY