Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

for an mf sorc is it more important
Posted 2004-09-04, 04:16 PM
to raise vit and have hight hit points or raise Dex and be able to block more? i do meph runs mostly but hardly ever in hell, even at lvl 82 its hard, i got the usual gear, shako, soj, lidless, occy, but i get taken down pretty easy still, i raised my vit alot i think i got like 800 hp, but i wonder if i should have raised dex instead and been able to block.

i got a new sorc, what should i do?
times of grace
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
robotbees is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenrobotbees is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

robotbees

Posted 2004-09-04, 04:19 PM in reply to robotbees's post "for an mf sorc is it more important"
I'd put it in vita.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-09-04, 04:29 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "I'd put it in vita."
Yeah, cuz you really don't block alot.
!King_Amazon! said:
Just ask the married chick he fucked.

Who Delivers ten times out of ten?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MightyJoe

Posted 2004-09-04, 04:31 PM in reply to robotbees's post "for an mf sorc is it more important"
Actually, don't neglect block...

You can block those Cold Orb things he throws at you, which are the main things that hurt.

Also, it helps ensure you don't get owned teleporting to him as well.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-09-04, 04:39 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Actually, don't neglect block... You..."
yeah thats a good point, not so much meph but definitely on baal runs i get nailed teleporting ALOT, im actually playing an orb sorc right now, for old times sake, my blizzard one is boring.
so how much in each would you say is safe, vit and dex
times of grace
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
robotbees is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenrobotbees is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

robotbees

Posted 2004-09-04, 05:02 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Actually, don't neglect block... You..."
Rofl I automatically assumed he meant pindleskin runs. For meph I have no clue. XD
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-09-04, 05:32 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Rofl I automatically assumed he meant..."
Block is even more important for Pindle than Meph, fool...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-09-04, 05:33 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Block is even more important for Pindle..."
never was a problem for me? I had 122 dext using a lidless, and RARELY died.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2004-09-04, 05:34 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "never was a problem for me? I had 122..."
It rarely is, but for that 1/100 runs where they actually get near you, you'll be glad you chose Block...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-09-04, 06:35 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Actually, don't neglect block... You..."
Vollstrecker said:
Actually, don't neglect block...

You can block those Cold Orb things he throws at you, which are the main things that hurt.

Also, it helps ensure you don't get owned teleporting to him as well.
when using lidless neglecting block is completely reasonable due to its extremely low block % your better off using a whistan's guard set round shield and only pumping to 120ish dex to hit 75% and still have an ass load of vit. So basically if u go lidless pump vit. If you prefer block, change shields and compensate.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
blckshdwdragon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenblckshdwdragon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

blckshdwdragon

Posted 2004-09-04, 07:32 PM in reply to blckshdwdragon's post starting "when using lidless neglecting block is..."
my sorc lvl 84 and only like 80 dex.. the only hard part is ussually tele'ing to meph
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
PureRebel enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPureRebel enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

PureRebel

Posted 2004-09-04, 08:19 PM in reply to blckshdwdragon's post starting "when using lidless neglecting block is..."
blckshdwdragon said:
when using lidless neglecting block is completely reasonable due to its extremely low block % your better off using a whistan's guard set round shield and only pumping to 120ish dex to hit 75% and still have an ass load of vit. So basically if u go lidless pump vit. If you prefer block, change shields and compensate.
I'm sorry, I assumed that was obvious, lol.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-09-04, 11:01 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "I'm sorry, I assumed that was obvious,..."
er who cares about neglecting block just trap meph on the ledge there u go prob solved
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
muff-knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenmuff-knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

muff-knight

Posted 2004-09-04, 11:48 PM in reply to muff-knight's post starting "er who cares about neglecting block..."
life is better.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
==Nit5u4== is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between==Nit5u4== is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

==Nit5u4==

Posted 2004-09-05, 01:26 AM in reply to muff-knight's post starting "er who cares about neglecting block..."
muff-knight said:
er who cares about neglecting block just trap meph on the ledge there u go prob solved
i cant trap hell meph on the ledge because usually those dudes at the bottom are cold immune and im straight up cold skills all the way.
times of grace
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

robotbees

Posted 2004-09-05, 04:14 PM in reply to robotbees's post starting "i cant trap hell meph on the ledge..."
well it all depends if you are using a merc or not. If you have kick ass merc, go vit... you wont need to block. If you dont use merc, split it up between dext and vit. or +dex charms.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mydogisyourdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMydogisyourdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Mydogisyourdog

Posted 2004-09-06, 06:45 PM in reply to muff-knight's post starting "er who cares about neglecting block..."
muff-knight said:
Block is more useful for other situations too...

Every once in a while, Pindle's Minions get a little antsy, and charge at you like nothing else...

Block > VIT.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-09-07, 04:08 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Block is more useful for other..."
Dont you get block locked while teleing to meph or baals or watever? In hc i just go all out vit and base dex and no problems with teleing or getting hit and i use 33.6kisp.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Pekson is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPekson is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Pekson

Posted 2004-09-07, 06:43 AM in reply to Pekson's post starting "Dont you get block locked while teleing..."
Don't forget that block-lock has been somewhat lessened since 1.09.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-09-07, 07:33 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Don't forget that block-lock has been..."
Eh, Pindle's minions should never get close to you, and Meph, well you should never get hit by him, so block is basically pointless.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied