Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Posted 2004-09-09, 07:51 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "It has something to do with the m..."
Sovereign said:
It has something to do with the m theory. It states that time existed before the creation of the universe and that we are just one universe of a multiverse. I saw it on the discovery chanlle. It requires the existance of I believe 11 dimensional space.
this is also referred to as string theory.

currently the main goal is to catch an image of a graviton particle (released within a particle excellorator [atom smasher], there are two large enough for this in the world, assuming the other has been built by now) as it is vanishing, gravitons are known to mysteriously make leaps or jumps to an unknown destination which may be, of many other possibilities, parallel dimensions or universes.
the 11 dimenional space thing is from quantum mechanics and sounds scary!
times of grace
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
robotbees is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenrobotbees is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

robotbees

Posted 2004-09-09, 07:59 PM in reply to robotbees's post starting "all things left to themselves unless..."
We have somehow gained the world and lost our soul, yet once we see over the yonder of ourselves, peace of mind will be waiting. Love in this world has gone so cold. How are we going to glimpse the truth if it's far too late? With so much space between us all, we will truly never know the meaning of within. Do we all have an importance in this world? I believe we do, but we need some sort of ambition first. However, if the meaning of within is being, then isn't it true that we have to make this decision? We could be perfect, supplementary to the fact that most of us feel we are only human. The Bible states we keep holy the Sabbath Day. How do we know this doesn't mean live? It doesn't really matter if you're wrong; you're right.

Let me ask you. Have you seen beyond yourself? Have you found out who you are?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
NonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzNonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

NonGayMan

Posted 2004-09-09, 08:02 PM in reply to robotbees's post starting "all things left to themselves unless..."
robotbees said:
but ultimately it surprises me very much that there are any atheists left. especially in the scientific community, actually every years there is a drop in atheists, the more we learn about physics and such but there are still some.
im not putting them down, im just wondering why now that we have come far enough that science is working hand in hand more and more with faith, how anyone, provided they are seeking scientific truth, cant see that there is something outside the universe, something powerful enough to create it! and that, existing outside of time, is eternal, the alpha and omega, encompassing both beginning and end, as this Being is master of both, being independant of both, and subject to neither.

My ideals tend to be Atheist BECAUSE I went to a Catholic school. The majority of the devout self proclaimed religious people I have met in my life were also among the most hypocritical. You are correct in that the nature of existence cannot be explained. I however, disagree with your logic to simply classify the way the building blocks fell on a higher being.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kockblocker1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkockblocker1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

kockblocker1

Posted 2004-09-09, 08:29 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Wow. Very well written. Being an..."
truer words were never spoken robot, although i'll admit i had to read it several times to fully understand all the concepts u spoke of.

I completely agree with most of what u've said. Our own mortality impairs greatly our own ability to fully understand the universe. We constantly look back at birth and look forward (not hoping for, you know what i mean) towards our death. It is in our nature. We see both as mortal truths and our entire comprehension of the universe is impared by it. The fact that something that may never have had a beginning or end will always seem alien to us.

Being a devoted and loyal Christian, I do believe in the one who has always been. So many people agree that God (in some form) has always been there. For them he exists outside of our universe, an omnipotent being. Thus there is no reason to look for where they fit in, in comparison to Gods eternal existence. This is where time comes in. Since we view "our time" as having both a beginning and end (birth and death) we encompass all time to have one aswell. It is far easier to comprehend yourself when looking at something with similarities. Viewed as more of a measuring stick, where we only see how we measure up and where we're at.

In short, I think that God is out there. He lives outside of our mortal realm and is as much a caretaker as he is the almighty. Time is a mere expression that we use to try and define existance. Things that begin and end will make more sense to us as we are able to relate to them.

Mayb in death we will find our answers. If we die, and thats it, there's nothing left, God can be dismissed as a simple species explanation for life and we'll see time is as mortal as us. Maybe we go on to live it again, repeatedly. We'll then see that life is that never ending cycle, no start or finish only a track to infinity. But maybe, and just maybe, we'll find ourselves face to face with the almighty himself. Free to sit with the creator and watch eternity unfold.

The greatest question and greatest answer may be the best explanation anyone could give:

Why?
-Because.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
wilma is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenwilma is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

wilma

Posted 2004-09-10, 05:57 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "The bible is shit, I don't believe..."
The bible is not shit
it probably is something like the matrix where everything is one big project but with God instead of a old hat in a white suit
"Every harem has its eunuch" - Ridicule
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
sheerx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensheerx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

sheerx

Posted 2004-09-10, 04:22 PM in reply to kockblocker1's post starting "My ideals tend to be Atheist BECAUSE I..."
kockblocker1 said:
My ideals tend to be Atheist BECAUSE I went to a Catholic school. The majority of the devout self proclaimed religious people I have met in my life were also among the most hypocritical. You are correct in that the nature of existence cannot be explained. I however, disagree with your logic to simply classify the way the building blocks fell on a higher being.
haha, yeah, most of the people i know who are atheist, actually probably 90% of them went to Catholic school. i think that has something to do with it. weather it be the resentment built up through developmental stages in youth having an unfortunate target or what i cant say.
regardless of how blessed or holy anyone is, they are human, noone likes seeing that, noone likes seeing their parent get hurt. to child this protector is invincible and any suggestion otherwise is intolerable!

its very damaging when someone who is in a postion you are supposed to respect behaves in a far more human (or devious) manner.

its funny how bad people getting into good positions can spoil the entire scene. if the people at my work knew some of the things ive done im sure they would be very dissappointed with me, i doubt they would lose faith in the medical field but who knows!

anyway, you said you disagree with my logic to simply classify the way building blocks fell on a higher power.
the logic is not simple, just solid. this is a fairly early and atiquated debate really, its true the universe to be orderly must be held that way by an outside force, the fact that order requires action from outside to maintain it is true, and it is a fact that following that out to the farthest rung you reach a point where sentience is required, some amount of logical will. otherwise you could just assume that somewhere beyond our universe a pair of scissors is mindlessly floating there somehow keeping everything in order. obviously this is obsurd. why? because a pair of scissors has no mind.

now someone could say, well what if the scissors ( i know this sounds weird as an example but scissors are as good an example as anything for this) were large and had a magnetic field and thats what was keeping the universe in order somehow.

following that, for the god-scissors to have a quality like that that could keep anything in order. that quality must be orderly as well, something like a magnetic field, if it were chaotic, it couldnt be holding anything like the universe in order at all. so whats keeping the scissors in order since they have no will?

my point, though i went about it in a really really weird way, is that the final rung, eventually you have to get to a begginning of order, and not a beginning in a temporal way, a begginning in a primary numbers kind of way, if you know what i mean.
the beginning, being orderly must, not because i want it to or thats what i think but because this is what the equation requires, must have a will. an awareness. this acts on the other things making them orderly. without a will or awareness, logic is impossible. It makes sense, follows rules... is orderly, therefore must be made that way, and as logic is nothing more than a sensicle set of basic rules, decisions were made to make them that way. this is not my opinion, this is truth whos alternatives are impossible. decisions were made to make them that way. at the core and nature of logic it is engineered as something that makes sense. without a mind, that is truely impossible.

wilma, i like what you said about time. its totally right on, ive always said that too, ive said that time is more like the metric system than it is an essence. its only what we use to measure the movement of reality as it stirrs within now. thats all.
try to think of 3 seconds from now, all youre doing is counting in your head, things have changed, did you even move? it makes no difference. it isnt real, it only serves to ease our minds from the sense of a horizontal freefall if we actually understood now is the only thing that is real along with the consequence of actions because they move with us, while we remember what happened yesterday it is not in the past, it is still with us, only it has changed, we call these changes consequences, but its like watching a pint of guinness settle when it gets that nice head on it!
all the foam comes up to the top, has the foam from the beginning been left behind in some impossibility? no of course not, its just taken a different shape, its grown or whatever.
you get what i mean. but its funny how if you think about that enough you can almost see a glimpse of how time isnt real at all, its just like counting in your head. you werent even counting at all, the chemicals in your mind that to your consciousness equal your voice saying 'one" have changed to the ones that equal you saying "two" and thats its. nothing more, there wasnt even a sequence, just the changing of chemicals though all the chemicals for one two and three still simultaneously exist.

well ive given myself a headache, so peace!
times of grace

Last edited by robotbees; 2004-09-10 at 04:26 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
robotbees is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenrobotbees is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

robotbees

Posted 2004-09-10, 04:55 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "God is the Alpha and Omega; beginning..."
HandOfHeaven said:
The world has only been around for roughly 8,000 to 10,000 years.
OH MY FUCKING GOD, ARE YOU JOKING?

it is a sad day for you, miss.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
symnzXx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensymnzXx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

symnzXx

Posted 2004-09-10, 05:43 PM in reply to symnzXx's post starting "OH MY FUCKING GOD, ARE YOU JOKING? ..."
HAHAHA hand of heaven, there has been tons of evidence of stuff more than 10,000 years old. The world is about 2.3478456 million years old(just an estimate).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
w00t.ace is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenw00t.ace is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

w00t.ace

Posted 2004-09-10, 05:52 PM in reply to w00t.ace's post starting "HAHAHA hand of heaven, there has been..."
If it was that old, it would turn moldy.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tokill.ace is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentokill.ace is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tokill.ace

Posted 2004-09-10, 06:56 PM in reply to w00t.ace's post starting "HAHAHA hand of heaven, there has been..."
w00t.ace said:
HAHAHA hand of heaven, there has been tons of evidence of stuff more than 10,000 years old. The world is about 2.3478456 million years old(just an estimate).
Actually, it's closer to 6 billion years old.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-09-11, 11:00 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Actually, it's closer to 6 billion..."
mjordan2nd said:
Actually, it's closer to 6 billion years old.
The actual figure is about 4,550 million years, give or take 70 million. This was put forward by a certain Clair Patterson (male). He gave up using Earth rocks to find out how old the world was, but used meteorites, assuming - correctly as it know turns out - that they were the, if you like, left over bits from the earliest days of the solar system, from the days when it had just been created, and probably, not that long after the creation of the Universe.

How did the Universe begin though?

I'm gonna have to go with the Big Bang theory, and say big and sudden release of energy and matter...etc. You can imagine, no?

As for God, being an atheist I've gotta say that the minds of men started to believe in a supernatural being that created everything. This would, to them, explain some of the mysteries of life, such as, who made all this? As I have said in another post elsewhere, belief creates things. If the/se person/people who believed in the supernatural being persuaded enough people about it, than the idea would quickly spread, like grass fires on dry moors. And then, overenthusiatic people might start to worship their supernatural being, going under the impressions that if someone/thing could create what is around them, then they could also destroy it if something upset them. I'd say the idea of God was created sometime around/after the Stone Age, when people believed anything - take trepanning as an example. Someone has a bad headache, the medicine men think of bad spirits, so cut a hole through the skull to let out bad spirits. Either v. religious - i.e devil etc. - or v. superstitious - spirits says it all.

I've strayed a bit, oh well. So just imagine a sudden explosion of energy and matter, enough to create things, and still make things exand even now.

Also, I would like to comment on the matrix idea - one big test tube - who or what then created the Universe in which the test tube and those who's science experiment are in???

Last edited by Lenny; 2004-09-11 at 11:12 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2004-09-11, 11:06 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "The actual figure is about 4,550..."
Lenny said:
The actual figure is about 4,550 million years, give or take 70 million. This was put forward by a certain Clair Patterson (male). He gave up using Earth rocks to find out how old the world was, but used meteorites, assuming - correctly as it know turns out - that they were the, if you like, left over bits from the earliest days of the solar system, from the days when it had just been created, and probably, not that long after the creation of the Universe.
Just reporting what I've learned in school.

Our Biology teacher told us that they have evidence of life around from 4 billion years ago. That would mean life would be on this planet only 550 million years after its formation. Of course, she could be wrong on that.

Edit: Yup. Just looked it up. Almost every website I've been to has said 4.5 billion years.

Last edited by Demosthenes; 2004-09-11 at 11:09 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-09-11, 11:09 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Just reporting what I've learned in..."
Who has evidence?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tokill.ace is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentokill.ace is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tokill.ace

Posted 2004-09-11, 11:16 AM in reply to tokill.ace's post starting "Who has evidence?"
tokill.ace said:
Who has evidence?
Evidence. Hmm - Clair Patterson, a boy from the remote parts of America came up with an idea of trying to find out the age of the Earth, the scientific craze at that time. As the rocks on Earth are in a cycle, and are recycled to make new ones, they are unreliable sources, so Patterson tested meteorites found on Earth I believe, and came up with the conclusion that the Earth is the same age as its surroundings - 4.5 billion years. He used Harrison Brown's new method of counting lead isotopes in igneous rocks. It just so happens that Brown put Patterson onto the task of counting these isotopes in meteorites. It did, however, take Patterson nearly a decade.

If you want more evidence, I'll try and find some. Alternatively you could look on google for Clair Patterson etc.

(Wait a minute. I'm a self proclaimed, scientific atheist. According to previous posts, that shouldn't be possible, right???)

Last edited by Lenny; 2004-09-12 at 10:54 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2004-09-11, 03:31 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post "Question: How did the universe begin?"
God created the world in 6 days. Order tends toward chaos without energy external to the system, therefore to think that we evolved from dust is foolishness; God created the first man from dust by introducing external energy.

As for those who say that the world was not created in 6 days, God made his creation with age. The bible does not say that God created Adam as a baby, and that when he was old enough, he interacted with him, no Adam was created fully grown, just as the earth and the rest of creation was created with age.

Last edited by WetWired; 2004-09-11 at 03:34 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2004-09-11, 03:40 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "God created the world in 6 days. Order..."
Techincally, everyone's related to each other. Everyone has to be related to Adam and Eve meaning that everyone is related to each other?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

tokill.ace

Posted 2004-09-11, 03:44 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "God created the world in 6 days. Order..."
WetWired said:
God created the world in 6 days. Order tends toward chaos without energy external to the system, therefore to think that we evolved from dust is foolishness; God created the first man from dust by introducing external energy.

As for those who say that the world was not created in 6 days, God made his creation with age. The bible does not say that God created Adam as a baby, and that when he was old enough, he interacted with him, no Adam was created fully grown, just as the earth and the rest of creation was created with age.
You're a computer, stupid. You don't believe in god.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-09-11, 04:00 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "You're a computer, stupid. You don't..."
WetWired is right.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

tokill.ace

Posted 2004-09-12, 03:24 AM in reply to tokill.ace's post starting "WetWired is right."
If I had a choice between the God created life, or eveolution, I would choose evolution. There is more eveidence that we did evolve from apes, than God creating two people who gave birth to others etc. Anyway, I have noticed, that in the bible, it doesn't say where the women came from to allow Cain or Abel to reproduce. Which means that technically, the line should have died at Cain or Abel, unless God created more people - a big thing for the bible to miss if it happened, no?

A bit off topic, but on the same lines - e.g creation was a miracle by God.
Well, I'm gonna have to sink my own boat here and put this link up - Scientists looking for God.

http://www.mult-sclerosis.org/news/J...cleMSCure.html

Last edited by Lenny; 2004-09-12 at 03:39 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2004-09-15, 12:19 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "If I had a choice between the God..."
Lenny said:
If I had a choice between the God created life, or eveolution, I would choose evolution. There is more eveidence that we did evolve from apes, than God creating two people who gave birth to others etc. Anyway, I have noticed, that in the bible, it doesn't say where the women came from to allow Cain or Abel to reproduce. Which means that technically, the line should have died at Cain or Abel, unless God created more people - a big thing for the bible to miss if it happened, no?

A bit off topic, but on the same lines - e.g creation was a miracle by God.
Well, I'm gonna have to sink my own boat here and put this link up - Scientists looking for God.

http://www.mult-sclerosis.org/news/J...cleMSCure.html

i dont think the bible missed anything with the cain and able thing. it said adam and eve were the first, not the only. there may have been 1 billion people created the very next day, that has no signifgance to the story so why include it. the bible says nothing about chocolate milk either but i sure know that exists!!!!!!!!!

also there is no reason to chose God created life OR evolution. the two go hand in hand. it is impossible to have evolution without God. it is impossible to have the big bang without God. i explained why it goes back to an original conscious will, unrestrained and creative to have logic exist and also to be the alpha of all things. to have the faith that a big bang just existed without anything causing it is a bigger leap than to believe God caused it and far more obsurd. mainly because it is going against the scientific law that i stated, and wetwired reitterated more efficiently, basically none of that could happen unless acted on from outside.
evidence, solid, that an outside will exists. i dont think there is much more to debate beyond that. the details are only cosmetic to our main arguments. im glad at no point did this become and argument in that sense, so far the arguments in the litteral sense braught up were very good on both sides and interesting!
times of grace
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

robotbees