Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Posted 2004-09-09, 12:18 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post "Question: How did the universe begin?"
It has something to do with the m theory. It states that time existed before the creation of the universe and that we are just one universe of a multiverse. I saw it on the discovery chanlle. It requires the existance of I believe 11 dimensional space.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-09-09, 02:12 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "It has something to do with the m..."
Discovery channel *sigh*. Why do you even watch that program?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tokill.ace is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentokill.ace is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tokill.ace

Posted 2004-09-09, 02:30 PM in reply to tokill.ace's post starting "Discovery channel *sigh*. Why do you..."
Why wouldnt I. And actually it was the Science chan.

That and TLC own.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-09-09, 02:32 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "It has something to do with the m..."
Sovereign said:
It has something to do with the m theory. It states that time existed before the creation of the universe and that we are just one universe of a multiverse. I saw it on the discovery chanlle. It requires the existance of I believe 11 dimensional space.
Heh. I was just reading up on the M theory myself, yesterday. Couldn't quite understand much of it, though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-09-09, 02:43 PM in reply to tokill.ace's post starting "Discovery channel *sigh*. Why do you..."
tokill.ace said:
Discovery channel *sigh*. Why do you even watch that program?
Discovery Channel is the shit, that's why.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-09-09, 02:49 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Heh. I was just reading up on the M..."
Link me. It's something I know so little about but want to learn .
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2004-09-09, 03:46 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Link me. It's something I know so..."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/1270726.stm
http://superstringtheory.com/cosmo/cosmo4.html (string theory)

There were more. I'll see if I can find them for you.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-09-09, 04:25 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/1270..."
I personally am very christian and believe strongly in god. I have never abandoned science though so i do think there are some possible scientific explanations.

Time is a circuit - Since its always so difficult to comprehend i think that the best way of explaning it is as a single image. To me its in the shape of a donut (or a ring i guess). Where do you find the end of a ring? If u travel in a circle, where does it end? Many people think that there has always been something. In this case, maybe the end of the universe merely fades into the beginning.I think that maybe time is somethign that just doesnt stop and go its a never ending track that we all have our own lanes in.

I'm sure i got more ideas up in my head......but I'm busy with my Grade 11 history hw for IB. Fucking stupid IB......
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
wilma is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenwilma is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

wilma

Posted 2004-09-09, 04:38 PM in reply to wilma's post starting "I personally am very christian and..."
How did the donut come into existence?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-09-09, 05:01 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "How did the donut come into existence?"
I guess this "donut" theory is more of how things occur after time was set in motion. I'll give you the heads up when i figure it all out though

Last edited by wilma; 2004-09-09 at 05:04 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
wilma is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenwilma is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

wilma

Posted 2004-09-09, 05:09 PM in reply to wilma's post starting "I guess this "donut" theory is more of..."
wow, an actuall intelligent conversation without constant flaming and diverse ideas.. never thought id see that here
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
w00t.ace is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenw00t.ace is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

w00t.ace

Posted 2004-09-09, 05:34 PM in reply to w00t.ace's post starting "wow, an actuall intelligent..."
the people here are smart but are just lazy. Its easier to flame than it is to think intelligently.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

wilma

Posted 2004-09-09, 06:31 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "I'd have to go on a religious note. Put..."
D3V said:
I'd have to go on a religious note. Put it this way. God has always existed, nobody created him/her. But it's always been there. Now God has the power to create, and give. God's powers must have created the universe. Not too sure how it works.

This could just be a Matrix type thing, we're just one big ass test tube, and somebody is having us for their science project.
This is the first of a series of posts by me that will make all of you think about what you have said.

D3v... who's to say that the universe has always existed? If God has always existed, why couldn't the universe always exist. How can you even prove existence outside of your own thoughts? You can't. Sure, you think therefor you are... but maybe that existence is only based in one area... your own "head"... so to speak. But who created you?... God? What created God? If god always existed couldnt the universe have done the same? And thus, an eternal cycle... infinity...

And the "Giant" test tube could be comparitavely small to everything else... maybe we are in a test tube in side of a test tube inside of a test tube... and so on and so forth.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPenny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Penny_Bags

Posted 2004-09-09, 06:32 PM in reply to tokill.ace's post starting "I've thought about that. We'll never..."
tokill.ace said:
I've thought about that. We'll never really know. I believe in God. He's always been there. Nothings going to change my mind about that. All the stories about him have been proved in a way. Through the bible, and there was older history that the same exact events that were in the bible, were recorded in a journal/book. I believe in God 110%. Whenever I pray, it always comes true.

ALWAYS.

Bottom line is:

GOD IS REAL, EVEN IF U CANT SEE HIM
Your final statement is an opinion. How do you know that there aren't 256 Gods?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPenny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Penny_Bags

Posted 2004-09-09, 07:07 PM in reply to Penny_Bags's post starting "Your final statement is an opinion. How..."
Penny_Bags said:
Your final statement is an opinion. How do you know that there aren't 256 Gods?
Don't lie. There is only one for each of the Primary Colors. The Seconday Colors are their half-human offspring, and as such, mere Demi-Gods, since they're all female Goddesses.

Like the Fanta girls.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-09-09, 07:20 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Don't lie. There is only one for each..."

That commercial would be so much better without the horrid background music.

But I digress. Back to the topic at hand.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-09-09, 07:31 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "I believe in the possible existence, or..."
Vollstrecker said:
I believe in the possible existence, or former existence of God.

I lean more towards the Big Bang Theory, and rationalize that God created the mass/energy that caused it all to begin with. The Universe is expanding, and there is the distinct possibility that our Universe is not the only one in the void of space. We may never truly know.
I agree with volls here. It all had to start with God, he had to create something that could make the Big Bang. He could have chosen that the Big Bang was how the world would start.

==Nit5u4==, stop spamming shit please.
!King_Amazon! said:
Just ask the married chick he fucked.

Who Delivers ten times out of ten?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MightyJoe

Posted 2004-09-09, 07:32 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "I believe in the possible existence, or..."
Sorry bout the double, ie is just fucking around with me today.
!King_Amazon! said:
Just ask the married chick he fucked.

Who Delivers ten times out of ten?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MightyJoe

Posted 2004-09-09, 07:42 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Don't lie. There is only one for each..."
all things left to themselves unless acted on by an outside force will tend towards chaos.
our universe is orderly, there was a chaos theory but it has basically been disproven. even evolution proves this. for those who dont know, following through with evolution all the way, Darwin concluded the latter part of his life a Christian, sighting the eyeball as an example that with all that is necessary and orderly to have evolution allow this eye to work, to believe there is no God is 'obsurd to the highest degree'

the universe, being orderly, must be acted on by an outside force to maintain this characteristic.
so now you have the equation with our universe and it requires the presence of something outside out universe acting on it.
in the most basic definition, we call this God.
God must have a will, because without logic, order is an impossibility.

the universe, encompassing time must have a beginning to exist. time as a concept exists within our universe, however beyond that, time, coming existing within, does not apply.
this is why God's existance need not have a begginning.

human beings, being within this universe and always having been subject to time are unable to fathom something existing without a beginning, to us (because we are temporal beings) a beginning is a must, a staple of existance, and a truth.

despite being unable to fathome such a concept as existing without a beginning, the fact that if something exists outside the universe and hence not subject to the constraints of time is not only possible, but given that something DOES exist outside the universe, it is also true.

there is no reason why people presenting the question of the universe's beginning must seperate science and religion. the two go hand in hand really. everything science proves supports the religious belief in God. what doesnt support it if you are really seeking the real truth, you will find are half way facts.
these are hypothese, equations, and theorums that are people only take as far as to prove information they have already decided on and need proof of rather than taking it all the way to see what it is telling them, usually a sign of arrogance or fear. people get wrapped up in trying to tell rather than listen.
so anyway, this is what ive found so far.
i dont like opinions much that's why i didnt involve my personal religion, just the facts backing up that there is one. i have my beliefs, you have yours. but ultimately it surprises me very much that there are any atheists left. especially in the scientific community, actually every years there is a drop in atheists, the more we learn about physics and such but there are still some.
im not putting them down, im just wondering why now that we have come far enough that science is working hand in hand more and more with faith, how anyone, provided they are seeking scientific truth, cant see that there is something outside the universe, something powerful enough to create it! and that, existing outside of time, is eternal, the alpha and omega, encompassing both beginning and end, as this Being is master of both, being independant of both, and subject to neither.
times of grace
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
robotbees is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenrobotbees is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

robotbees

Posted 2004-09-09, 07:47 PM in reply to robotbees's post starting "all things left to themselves unless..."
robotbees said:
all things left to themselves unless acted on by an outside force will tend towards chaos.
our universe is orderly, there was a chaos theory but it has basically been disproven. even evolution proves this. for those who dont know, following through with evolution all the way, Darwin concluded the latter part of his life a Christian, sighting the eyeball as an example that with all that is necessary and orderly to have evolution allow this eye to work, to believe there is no God is 'obsurd to the highest degree'

the universe, being orderly, must be acted on by an outside force to maintain this characteristic.
so now you have the equation with our universe and it requires the presence of something outside out universe acting on it.
in the most basic definition, we call this God.
God must have a will, because without logic, order is an impossibility.

the universe, encompassing time must have a beginning to exist. time as a concept exists within our universe, however beyond that, time, coming existing within, does not apply.
this is why God's existance need not have a begginning.

human beings, being within this universe and always having been subject to time are unable to fathom something existing without a beginning, to us (because we are temporal beings) a beginning is a must, a staple of existance, and a truth.

despite being unable to fathome such a concept as existing without a beginning, the fact that if something exists outside the universe and hence not subject to the constraints of time is not only possible, but given that something DOES exist outside the universe, it is also true.

there is no reason why people presenting the question of the universe's beginning must seperate science and religion. the two go hand in hand really. everything science proves supports the religious belief in God. what doesnt support it if you are really seeking the real truth, you will find are half way facts.
these are hypothese, equations, and theorums that are people only take as far as to prove information they have already decided on and need proof of rather than taking it all the way to see what it is telling them, usually a sign of arrogance or fear. people get wrapped up in trying to tell rather than listen.
so anyway, this is what ive found so far.
i dont like opinions much that's why i didnt involve my personal religion, just the facts backing up that there is one. i have my beliefs, you have yours. but ultimately it surprises me very much that there are any atheists left. especially in the scientific community, actually every years there is a drop in atheists, the more we learn about physics and such but there are still some.
im not putting them down, im just wondering why now that we have come far enough that science is working hand in hand more and more with faith, how anyone, provided they are seeking scientific truth, cant see that there is something outside the universe, something powerful enough to create it! and that, existing outside of time, is eternal, the alpha and omega, encompassing both beginning and end, as this Being is master of both, being independant of both, and subject to neither.

Wow. Very well written. Being an atheist myself, I'll respond to you more thoroughly tomorrow (friday!!) since I will have more time, but that was a great post. I disagree with you on some aspects, but thanks for providing me that insight into what you believe, and why you believe it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes