Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

View Poll Results: Who's going to get your vote?
Dem - Hilary Clinton 0 0%
Dem - Barack Obama 16 94.12%
Dem - John Edwards 0 0%
Dem - Bill Richardson 0 0%
Dem - Joe Biden 0 0%
Repub - Rudy Giuliani 1 5.88%
Repub - John McCain 0 0%
Repub - Jim Gilmore 0 0%
Repub - Mike Huckabee 0 0%
Repub - Mitt Romney 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Posted 2007-07-18, 06:08 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "I'm not entirely sure, to be honest. I..."
Point taken, I'll shut up about it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2007-07-18, 06:19 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Point taken, I'll shut up about it."
mjordan2nd said:
Point taken, I'll shut up about it.
Not saying anything like that, I'm just saying we might want to make sure we're either focused on the topic of Presidential qualities or take a debate about the American populace to another thread.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-07-23, 03:10 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Not saying anything like that, I'm just..."
Just an update. The CNN/YouTube debate is on tonight, i'm not exactly sure who's going to be on it, and what they're going to be debating, I think users get to send in questions, so hopefully the candidates can stay on fucking topic and answer some questions, should be fun to watch.

www.cnn.com
www.youtube.com

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-07-23, 04:55 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Just an update. The CNN/YouTube debate..."
Oh, a debate where users can ask questions?

Sounds like it'll be a fun game of political dodgeball!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-07-26, 12:11 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Oh, a debate where users can ask..."
You know what bothers me, is how can Hilary be at the top of these "polls" when it's obvious that Obama is the favorite. That's all everyone ever looks at is the damn polls, and they're hardly ever accurate. I'm supposing that Hilary has her own set of geeks that continously vote for her online to keep her morale up.

Either way, Obama '08 WILL happen, even if it takes beating out a Psycho bitch like Hilary with all of the Femenists behind her. Even shit, Oprah doesn't even support her, she's a smart woman, backing Obama. What you got on that beeyatch?

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-07-26, 12:13 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "You know what bothers me, is how can..."
From what I've observed, the polls are generally pretty damned accurate. They aren't perfect, but they're usually a good prediction of what will happen. I would believe that Obama is the favorite amongst the youth of the nation, but sadly that's also the group that is the least represented on the ballots.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2007-07-26, 12:20 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "From what I've observed, the polls are..."
It sucks so much that Hilary will probably take that poll, I swear all we have to do is push. If politics come up at work, speak your damn mind. Anywhere and everywhere, I don't want another fucking '04 election to happen and have some asshat like Bush elected into office, it pisssed me off so much that Kerry couldn't even take that nominee.

I think what it is, is that more people have time to submit polls for hilary, rather than Obama, because most people that like Hilary are ignorant, thinking that Bill is going to be back in office again, amongst other things, she has no real experience, and she seems unknowledgeable about pretty much everything, while on the other hand Obama is the man, he nails every point and is always perfect with his demeanor, while Hilary is basically just rhetoric that she's been practicing in the mirror.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2007-07-26, 12:24 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "It sucks so much that Hilary will..."
Most of these polls aren't done online, though.

I honestly hope that John Edwards is the democratic candidate, but I know this will not be the case.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2007-07-26, 12:25 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Most of these polls aren't done online,..."
You really like John Edwards? He seems to fake to me, that whole "OMG I'm just a southern boy with a gay daughter" thing is played out too much, just like MCCain's LE OMG I WAS A POW.. is just old..

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2007-07-26, 12:30 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "You really like John Edwards? He seems..."
I like Barrack Obama better than John Edwards. But I like John Edwards better than any of the republicans. And as a black man, I don't think Obama stands a chance of winning the election.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2007-07-26, 12:34 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "I like Barrack Obama better than John..."
Yeah how come your people don't like him? He's not even all the way black, so you don't get to claim him all the way, anyways.

And John Edwards is a Democrat, not a republican

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2007-07-26, 12:41 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Yeah how come your people don't like..."
D3V said:
Yeah how come your people don't like him? He's not even all the way black, so you don't get to claim him all the way, anyways.

And John Edwards is a Democrat, not a republican
I guess I should expand a bit.

What I mean is the idea of a black man running for president would scare away a lot of the centrists and those that lean democrat, but also have some republican views. It would also guarantee that those who normally vote republican but have been scared away from the republican party due to our current regime continue to vote republican, because I believe a black president is too extreme a change for them. If John Edwards were pushed through the democratic primaries, however, I have no doubt that he would win the election. Really, any white, heterosexual, protestant male who ran as a democrat would win, which is why I'd rather John Edwards be the democratic candidate.

Overall, I think Obama is better qualified to be president. He exemplifies, at least for now, the qualities I would like to see in the leader of our nation. He should serve as a paradigm for presidential candidates. That said, I don't think he can win. That is the only reason I hope he is not the democratic candidate, because I honestly don't want another 4 years of the republican party.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2007-07-26, 02:23 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "I guess I should expand a bit. What..."
mjordan2nd said:
I guess I should expand a bit.

What I mean is the idea of a black man running for president would scare away a lot of the centrists and those that lean democrat, but also have some republican views. It would also guarantee that those who normally vote republican but have been scared away from the republican party due to our current regime continue to vote republican, because I believe a black president is too extreme a change for them. If John Edwards were pushed through the democratic primaries, however, I have no doubt that he would win the election. Really, any white, heterosexual, protestant male who ran as a democrat would win, which is why I'd rather John Edwards be the democratic candidate.

Overall, I think Obama is better qualified to be president. He exemplifies, at least for now, the qualities I would like to see in the leader of our nation. He should serve as a paradigm for presidential candidates. That said, I don't think he can win. That is the only reason I hope he is not the democratic candidate, because I honestly don't want another 4 years of the republican party.
I'm in full agreeance with your reasoning regarding Obama, although I don't know John Edwards at all. I think we'll see a woman President before a Black President for sure, there simply isn't enough active voters among the younger populace to outweigh the votes of oldtimers who still haven't moved past the last few decades mentally.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-07-26, 06:57 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "I'm in full agreeance with your..."
Wow, Mike Gravel just won some support from me. I'm going to have to look into it a little.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YtSrmfBHkZQ

Ron Paul seems decent too.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qD9eO7qToTk

Last edited by Demosthenes; 2007-07-26 at 07:05 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2007-07-27, 07:57 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Wow, Mike Gravel just won some support..."
I was surprised that you didn't list Ron Paul in your poll when you created the thread. I would choose him over Obama. He seems very level-headed and rational about things.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-07-27, 12:24 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "I was surprised that you didn't list..."
Just go read up a bit on his history, he doesn't seem proinent enough to me to be our leader, because in fact, that is what we need. But for John Edwards I agree MJ, I wouldn't mind him being our Dem nominee, much rather have him over Hilary, maybe he could announce running with Obama as his Vice Prez, maybe that would win over some support.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2007-07-27, 03:01 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Just go read up a bit on his history,..."
woo hoo go Oboma. Oboma='s better then yo moma (aka Clinton) and yo slow little brother (aka Bush)
"The belonging you seek is not behind you, it's ahead."
--Maz Kanata
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Silverjinx18 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSilverjinx18 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Silverjinx18

Posted 2007-07-27, 04:23 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "I guess I should expand a bit. What..."
If the republican party wins again this country will dissolve into chaos.
skurai said: [Goto]
big Foot -
A Big Monkey. So?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
hotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenhotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

hotdog

Posted 2007-07-27, 04:24 PM in reply to hotdog's post starting "If the republican party wins again this..."
hotdog said:
If the republican party wins again this country will dissolve into chaos.
It's true, I heard that Cheney was planning to summon Cthulu when they won again.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-07-27, 04:27 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "It's true, I heard that Cheney was..."
Really? I heard that a super-ultra-mega-badass-baal-diablo-clone cross-breed spawn was supposed to be summoned...I must have heard wrong.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes