Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Posted 2003-02-18, 04:42 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Lightwave Classes TONIGHT at 6 pm EST"
Ok, I am glad more attention is going towards the Graphics section rather than D2.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Acer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAcer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Acer

Posted 2003-02-18, 05:33 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Lightwave Classes TONIGHT at 6 pm EST"
ya d2 is just... well... there's no nice way to say this... GAY!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2003-02-19, 11:23 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Lightwave Classes TONIGHT at 6 pm EST"
I use to LOVE d2, I preordered it.... thats how long I have had it. The constant laggs/dupes/bugs now is just beyond the limit that I can have. I just use it to learn about cheating :P I still and will never use a bugged item. *Sell* one, maybe
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Acer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAcer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Acer

Posted 2003-02-19, 04:22 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Lightwave Classes TONIGHT at 6 pm EST"
can we get back on topic guys? what lessons would you guys like to have anyways?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2003-02-19, 06:01 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Lightwave Classes TONIGHT at 6 pm EST"
I would just like to learn the tools, what they do, and what they are used for in general.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Acer

Posted 2003-02-19, 06:23 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Lightwave Classes TONIGHT at 6 pm EST"
well me and chruser are planning to release tutorials (video for me and web for chruser) to explain everything about the programs
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2003-02-20, 08:11 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Lightwave Classes TONIGHT at 6 pm EST"
hehe, videos will own, that is the best way for me to learn. I have a hard time reading tuts, but I do anyways... since that is my easier/widest resource.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Acer

Posted 2003-02-20, 10:35 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Lightwave Classes TONIGHT at 6 pm EST"
yup i will try to get together with chruser as soon as possible and record some
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2003-02-21, 01:08 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Lightwave Classes TONIGHT at 6 pm EST"
Sounds great, if I ever get good enough, I will help you guys... I love makeing tuts, and if I made a video one, that would make it a lot easier.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Acer

Posted 2003-02-21, 08:42 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Lightwave Classes TONIGHT at 6 pm EST"
try doing a package we don't know... like i dunno... rhino? or autocad? or XSI may be?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2003-02-21, 03:30 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Lightwave Classes TONIGHT at 6 pm EST"
I have heard of Rhino, what is that? and is XSI that thing you posted about a free trail release?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Acer

Posted 2003-02-21, 05:10 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Lightwave Classes TONIGHT at 6 pm EST"
XSI has a free EXP version meaning it cannot be used for production but can be used for learning the software, rhino is a not so popular but easy to use 3d package
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2003-02-21, 06:14 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Lightwave Classes TONIGHT at 6 pm EST"
I C, yeah I downloaded that XSI thing, I will check it out, if anything I can make my friend learn it and then teach me so I can work with LW and such.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Acer

Posted 2003-02-21, 06:34 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Lightwave Classes TONIGHT at 6 pm EST"
well get in XSI because neither me or chruser knows much about it and many 3d schools are realizing its great power so..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2003-02-21, 07:03 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Lightwave Classes TONIGHT at 6 pm EST"
hmm I should... I ran it once, didnt like the layout but I will test it out this weekend.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Acer

Posted 2003-02-21, 08:09 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Lightwave Classes TONIGHT at 6 pm EST"
i never ran it that much, i had these video tutorials so i fired XSI up... but no luck =\
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2003-02-21, 08:42 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Lightwave Classes TONIGHT at 6 pm EST"
It seemed they put way to much time into the layout makeing it look nice, which I hate :P Also one thing I love about LW is that there is a Modeler and Layout this is both in one :P, but still I wont cover up its power with that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Acer

Posted 2003-02-21, 09:12 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Lightwave Classes TONIGHT at 6 pm EST"
=\ alot of people actually HATE the modeler and layout seperate =\ me for one
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2003-02-21, 10:17 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Lightwave Classes TONIGHT at 6 pm EST"
I dont, since I want to focus on modeling first then bring it into the layout... and with LW you can just hit send to layout... that easy :P
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Acer

Posted 2003-02-21, 10:24 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Lightwave Classes TONIGHT at 6 pm EST"
well the only thing i like about LW is the layer system... makes modelling architecture a singe
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin