Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming > Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Posted 2002-10-27, 11:19 AM in reply to Grav's post "Omg Deus Ex"
OMG!!111`!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2002-10-28, 07:17 AM in reply to Grav's post "Omg Deus Ex"
Yeah, that game IS awsome, and I too keep finding new things. It's sort of like a FPS, except that instead of the whole point being to clear all the baddies out of each level, you have specific objectives that most often can be accomplished with a minimum of violence through proper use of stealth. Each level is quite freeform, with several different ways through, the optimal one depending on what skills and augmentations you've developed. That's one reason there is so much to play this game time after time for: Your first time through you may be a heavy weapons dude and play it like a normal FPS. The second time you may go the sniper way, keeping to the shadows, taking out anyone who might stand in your way from a distance, and you will find that you get through each level in an entirely different way, and find things that you missed the first time through and find yourself avoiding things you went right past the first time through. There are all sorts of ways to get through the game, the aforementioned just being the two most obvious.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2002-10-28, 07:35 AM in reply to Grav's post "Omg Deus Ex"
Har har i played the ps1 version or ps2 dont remember , it was fun =x graphics were kinda outdated at the time but the overall theme is great
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penguin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPenguin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Penguin

Posted 2002-10-28, 08:52 AM in reply to Grav's post "Omg Deus Ex"
Quote:
Originally posted by WetWired
Yeah, that game IS awsome, and I too keep finding new things. It's sort of like a FPS, except that instead of the whole point being to clear all the baddies out of each level, you have specific objectives that most often can be accomplished with a minimum of violence through proper use of stealth. Each level is quite freeform, with several different ways through, the optimal one depending on what skills and augmentations you've developed. That's one reason there is so much to play this game time after time for: Your first time through you may be a heavy weapons dude and play it like a normal FPS. The second time you may go the sniper way, keeping to the shadows, taking out anyone who might stand in your way from a distance, and you will find that you get through each level in an entirely different way, and find things that you missed the first time through and find yourself avoiding things you went right past the first time through. There are all sorts of ways to get through the game, the aforementioned just being the two most obvious.

I didn't even know you could save paul.

Remember when jock dies? That's avoidable too..

Last edited by GravitonSurge; 2002-10-28 at 08:59 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2002-10-28, 08:55 AM in reply to Grav's post "Omg Deus Ex"
=X

Last edited by Penguin; 2002-10-28 at 09:02 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penguin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPenguin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Penguin

Posted 2002-10-28, 08:59 AM in reply to Grav's post "Omg Deus Ex"
*WINK(
*NUDGE*

Last edited by Penguin; 2002-10-28 at 09:02 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2002-10-28, 10:53 AM in reply to Grav's post "Omg Deus Ex"
Quote:
Originally posted by GravitonSurge
WTF?@!!?!?!?!! I JUST REINSTALLE DTTHE GFAME IS UCIGN AWESOME BETETR THAN IT WAS THE 1st and 8th TIMES OMG !!!111
IF U DONT HAVE IT GO BUY IT iTs PFOB LIKE $8 OR DLING TI FUCK IT JUST PLAY IT OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111

THE FIRST LVL is KINDA BoRing but after that OMG its fucjig nAMAZING!!!

OGMGOMGOGmGOgN@I8!M!

PLAY DSU EX!!!
I HOPE DEUS EX 2 KCUKS THIS MUCHASS!!
AFTERT THE INTRO IW AS LIUKE "OMG IM PSYCBHED" AND I WAS UCUZ TI STE BEST SINGLE PALYER GTAMR EVER MADE ONMG I GOTTA GO PLAY IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2002-10-28, 11:00 AM in reply to Grav's post "Omg Deus Ex"
Quote:
Originally posted by GravitonSurge
*WINK(
*NUDGE*
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2002-10-28, 11:45 AM in reply to Grav's post "Omg Deus Ex"
Jock dies? How does he die?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2002-10-28, 11:47 AM in reply to Grav's post "Omg Deus Ex"
Did you beat the game?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2002-10-28, 01:11 PM in reply to Grav's post "Omg Deus Ex"
Yes.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2002-10-28, 01:23 PM in reply to Grav's post "Omg Deus Ex"
When he drops you off at Area 51, his helicopter blows up.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2002-10-28, 01:29 PM in reply to Grav's post "Omg Deus Ex"
Um, nope. I assume from the bomb planted by that guy at the Illuminatti guy's house? If so then I don't see how you could have let that slide. I seem to remember playing with that part, and no matter what I did, I always ended up telling Jock that something was suspicious (I was of course playing around, looking for different plot branches). Eventually I just gave up.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2002-10-28, 01:31 PM in reply to Grav's post "Omg Deus Ex"
This was the only time playing through that I ran into the 'odd mechanic', the other times he was in a corner so it didn't begin an auto-conversation. I never even knew he was there. Jock mentions a 'clanking' about 4 times before Area 51, but he dismisses it as a loose piece of metal or something.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav