Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Post Dammit LAG AND FPS ARE DIFFERENT"!
Posted 2002-09-18, 08:42 AM
People don't seem to know that lag and FPS is different, if they have a 10 Frame per second game running they will blame lag for the loss of FPS... im going to make this clear,

FPS is FRAMES PER SECOND, it is howmany frames is being processed onto your screen per seconds, every frame is a picture and you can recieve up to 1 frame per second to alot of frames per second (more FPS is better) Faster Video cards, processors usually influence FPS the most. NOT internet connections

LAG is the ammount of time it takes to bring information from computer to computer, when you`'re playing a game, it takes time for your computer to recieve the information from the other computer such as the other person's updated position in a game, your computer still thinks he is standing in a corner, while his computer says he is moving around, that creates the ghost effect, where it looks as if he isnt moving but a second later he re-appears behind you or so and moving quite fast, that is because the information from his computer hasnt reached your computer yet so your computer hasnt found out that he is really behind you until it is too late.

LAG and FPS is a different thing! dont complain because of lag when you're playing asingle player game because people will be confused =O and think you're crazy or playing a multiplayer game or something.

My sig won't show =/
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
EX-Mania is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEX-Mania is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

EX-Mania

Posted 2002-09-18, 08:45 AM in reply to EX-Mania's post "Dammit LAG AND FPS ARE DIFFERENT"!"
i knew that.... But thanks for pointing it out , Taco and Thatdude might learn something today!

j/k

hahaha im not j/k
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penguin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPenguin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Penguin

Posted 2002-09-18, 08:49 AM in reply to EX-Mania's post "Dammit LAG AND FPS ARE DIFFERENT"!"
lol penguin, well i gettin off cya layer, PM me your AIM cuz im too lazy to look in ur profile =D cya

My sig won't show =/
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
EX-Mania is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEX-Mania is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

EX-Mania

Posted 2002-09-18, 08:50 AM in reply to EX-Mania's post "Dammit LAG AND FPS ARE DIFFERENT"!"
im not ON aim im at school, your lazy its

Theassassin314
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penguin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPenguin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Penguin

Posted 2002-09-18, 01:18 PM in reply to EX-Mania's post "Dammit LAG AND FPS ARE DIFFERENT"!"
At our school they use a big brother program that records keystrokes downtown. Fuckers suck, all you need to do is enter the control panel and turn it off... noobs
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wiccan][V][asta enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzWiccan][V][asta enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Wiccan][V][asta

Posted 2002-09-25, 06:43 PM in reply to EX-Mania's post "Dammit LAG AND FPS ARE DIFFERENT"!"
Quote:
Originally posted by Wiccan][V][asta
At our school they use a big brother program that records keystrokes downtown. Fuckers suck, all you need to do is enter the control panel and turn it off... noobs
lmao...the school security administrators aren't very smart. I swear our school would be the easiest thing 2 hack. U look around the network a little bit u can find almost nething u need, pw's and such. Our school is open to a lot of DoS attacks. I haven't ever tried one on the school because i'm scared I will get caught and i have no reason to hack the school but when I scan the school network for vulnerabilities many DoS attacks are open. Also some of our school's seem to have the subseven port open...cant think of the number at the monment. That would be so easy to break...lol.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2002-09-27, 12:20 PM in reply to EX-Mania's post "Dammit LAG AND FPS ARE DIFFERENT"!"
how do you change you fps speed.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
dominator73439 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweendominator73439 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

dominator73439

Posted 2002-09-27, 12:31 PM in reply to EX-Mania's post "Dammit LAG AND FPS ARE DIFFERENT"!"
Quote:
Originally posted by dominator73439
how do you change you fps speed.
Reduce graphical detail in game, or go out buy a better video card or processor.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2002-09-27, 12:35 PM in reply to EX-Mania's post "Dammit LAG AND FPS ARE DIFFERENT"!"
ya right a good vidieo card is like $99.99 thats a lot just for a video card
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
dominator73439 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweendominator73439 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

dominator73439

Posted 2002-09-27, 12:40 PM in reply to EX-Mania's post "Dammit LAG AND FPS ARE DIFFERENT"!"
Quote:

Uh? Wtf where are you shopping... around where I live a good video card is $300+ and a cheap as peice of shiot card is $99.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2002-09-27, 02:23 PM in reply to EX-Mania's post "Dammit LAG AND FPS ARE DIFFERENT"!"
^__________________________________^
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2002-10-11, 06:14 PM in reply to EX-Mania's post "Dammit LAG AND FPS ARE DIFFERENT"!"
Quote:

try $199.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
mightychicken is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenmightychicken is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

mightychicken

Posted 2002-10-12, 09:07 AM in reply to EX-Mania's post "Dammit LAG AND FPS ARE DIFFERENT"!"
i dont know ere you shop but a g force 4 mx or whatever costs 159.97 here. but you guys are getting ripped off.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

dominator73439

Posted 2002-10-12, 01:48 PM in reply to EX-Mania's post "Dammit LAG AND FPS ARE DIFFERENT"!"
GF4MX is teh suk......thats why its cheap
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DKWicked is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDKWicked is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

DKWicked

Posted 2002-10-12, 02:38 PM in reply to EX-Mania's post "Dammit LAG AND FPS ARE DIFFERENT"!"
rofl ya... gf4ti is the trend now biatch
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2002-10-12, 04:16 PM in reply to EX-Mania's post "Dammit LAG AND FPS ARE DIFFERENT"!"
give me ur old geforce 2 plsssssssssssssssss
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hades-Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hades-Knight

Posted 2002-10-13, 07:35 PM in reply to EX-Mania's post "Dammit LAG AND FPS ARE DIFFERENT"!"
or that new radeon
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DKWicked is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDKWicked is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

DKWicked