Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Posted 2004-05-11, 12:37 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Well, Tahiti is speculation, but where..."
yup. kick ass finale i'd say, although they never showed summer's reactions to seth's absence
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2004-05-11, 02:43 PM in reply to Randuin's post starting "yup. kick ass finale i'd say, although..."
They never showed anyone's reaction for that matter. I went to the official website to find out when the Season Premiere is, and I had to visit the Forum to find it. Evidently, it won't be out until late October, more near Halloween.

They also did something pretty interesting in there. They would write a mock script of what they thought was going to happen next. It was pretty interesting actually, and if I get bored enough and have free time, I might do one for the hell of it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2004-05-11, 03:02 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "They never showed anyone's reaction for..."
Well they did show Seth's parents crying. Very well set up for the next season though, but too bad it's gonna be like 5 months
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2004-05-11, 03:43 PM in reply to Randuin's post starting "Well they did show Seth's parents..."
Well, they showed Kirsten crying, but she was in the pool house, cleaning off Ryan's bed when it hit her that he was really gone. I don't believe they know about Seth yet. Thats just the way I took it though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2004-05-11, 06:40 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Well, they showed Kirsten crying, but..."
yah she didn't know about seth, she was just crying because ryan left, didn't u see it? when seth was leaving his room, his mom was crying i think
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
iceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweeniceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

iceman887

Posted 2004-05-11, 09:27 PM in reply to iceman887's post starting "yah she didn't know about seth, she was..."
Well, don't ask me how, but I'm a genius. I have some inside scoop on the Season Premiere's script. It goes as follows:

(Quite long might I add, but very intriguing if you want to see the openings possibility)

Kirsten is crying in the Pool Room in the opening scene

Sandy – Kirsten… it’ll be all right. We did all we could for Ryan, and now he is doing what he feels is necessary. We’ll still get to see him.

Kirsten – I know, it’s just that… I wasn’t expecting… I didn’t want him to leave. He was a part of our family just yesterday, and now… he’s gone.

Sandy – He’s still a part of our family…

Sandy keeps his arms wrapped around Kirsten for many ensuing minutes, just comforting her. He begins to recollect on meeting Ryan for the first time. A slight smile appears on his face as he thinks about all the wild antics over the past year.

Sandy – Hey, maybe we should go check up on Seth. He seemed really upset with Ryan leaving, and I haven’t heard a peep from his room all day. Why don’t you whip together some of your world-famous take-out dinner left overs while I get him?

Kirsten – Yeah, that’s a good idea. With the wedding and everything happening so fast, we should really make sure he’s dealing with this well. It’s gotta be hard on him. Ryan was like a brother for him…

Kirsten walks to the kitchen, and Sandy heads toward SethÂ’s room. Sandy walks into SethÂ’s empty room to find the two notes he left. A worried look comes over his face.

(In SethÂ’s voice) Dear Mom and Dad,

I have so many thoughts running through my head. There is so much that IÂ’ve always wanted to do, and now that Ryan is gone, I just have to do them. I have to fulfill them. IÂ’m sorry for leaving without any notice, but this was the best for me. I hope you understand.

Your loving son,

Seth (End monologue)

Sandy – Oh my God…

Sandy gathers himself, and calmly walks into the kitchen, so not to startle Kirsten.

Sandy – Kirsten, you’re not going to believe this…

Kirsten – What is it? Where is Seth?

Sandy – He left.

Kirsten – (frantically) WHAT?? Where did he go?

Sandy – I don’t know, he just left this letter.

Sandy hands Kirsten the letter, and as she reads it, she begins to cry, terrified.

Kirsten – (Shaking, talking very fast) What are we going to do? Where do you think he went? What does this mean? Why would he just leave like this? This isn’t like Seth!

Sandy – Calm down honey, lets think about this. First things first, we need to call Ryan, Summer, and Marissa and see if they’ve seen him or know anything about this.

Kirsten – All right, I’ll call over to my Dad’s to find Marissa and Summer, you call Ryan.

Kirsten and Sandy start making phone calls, but no one is answering the phone. Sandy decides to call the police. After giving them SethÂ’s description, Sandy hangs up the phone, now worried more than ever. He and Kirsten jump in the car and begin aimlessly roaming the streets looking for him.

Meanwhile, back in Chino.

Theresa – Ryan, I know this must have been a hard decision.

Ryan – You have no idea.

Theresa – Yes, I do. I know you had a new life in Newport, you have new friends, a new family, and everything was going perfect for you. This must have been hard on everyone.

Ryan – Yeah, well I want to be here for you. For us. If that’s my baby, I want to do everything I can for it. I want to be there for it. I want it to be happy, and this is the only way.

Theresa – And what if it isn’t?

Ryan looks over at Theresa, then back at the ground, unsure of what to say.

Ryan – I don’t know. I don’t know.

Theresa clearly looks upset at the indecision, but also realizes what his thoughts must be right now. She decides to let it go for now. They finally got all of RyanÂ’s things unpacked and settled in. They sit on the bed and just look uncomfortably at one another, neither really knowing what to say.

Scene fades to black.

Back at the CohenÂ’s house, a few hours later, the doorbell rings. ItÂ’s Summer, checking up on Seth.

Summer – Hey Mrs. Cohen, is Seth around?

Kirsten – No he’s not, you haven’t seen or talked to him lately have you?

Summer – No, I just wanted to come and see him. You know, make sure everything is all right. He seemed really bummed out with Ryan leaving and all.

Kirsten – Come on in. There is something you should see.

Kirsten walks Summer into the kitchen, where Sandy is sitting at the table, clearly disturbed.

Summer – Hey Mr. Cohen. Uhh, is everything all right? You like look really upset.

At that time, Summer notices an envelope on the counter, with her name on it. She becomes confused, and starts to worry.

Summer – What’s this letter? What’s going on?

Sandy – I think you should probably sit down while you read it Summer.

Summer takes the letter and sits at the kitchen table. Her eyes immediately begin to tear up in the middle of the note.

Summer – Oh my God. Where did he go? Did he say?

Sandy – No, he left us a letter as well. We’ve already contacted the authorities, drove around for hours, and we can’t get a hold of Ryan or Marissa. We don’t know what else to do.

Summer (Crying) – I can’t believe he just left like this. I mean, I had no idea. I have no idea where he could have gone, what he could be doing.

Kirsten walks behind Summer and puts her hands on her shoulders, trying to calm her down.

Sandy – Well, he can’t get too far. I doesn’t have any money.

Summer – Oh no.

Sandy and Kirsten – What?

Summer – Well, he was trying to sell his boat. He got an offer of $6,000 for it, which he should have received today.

Sandy – What?!? He was selling the boat? What for? He loves that boat.

Summer – Something about giving the money to Ryan to give to Theresa to help support the baby.

Sandy – Oh my God. Well, lets head down to the docks and ask around. Maybe they’ll know something.

Sandy, Kirsten, and Summer all jump in the car, and head towards the docks, hoping for some insight as to SethÂ’s where abouts.

Meanwhile, back at the new NicholÂ’s palace, Marissa is devastated. She recklessly looks out at the world on her bedroom balcony, taking sips of her Vodka bottle. She already lost Ryan once, and now it is happening all over again. She feels as though the weight of the world is on her shoulders, and she is trapped in between the peaks of her pride and the depths of her fears. After taking her second, third, and fourth swig from the bottle, she begins to cry hysterically. She looks at the bottle, and right then and there, she realized what she was doing. She realized that is she continues with this trend, what will happen. SheÂ’s been down this road before, and it drove Ryan away. It caused such a rift in her life, that she becomes scared of herself, and throws the bottle. It crashes on the pavement, and she falls to her knees.

Marissa – What am I doing? Why do I do this?

She then starts to think about the cruel words Seth said to her. Was he right? Could it really be her fault? Did she drive Ryan away? The thoughts become unbearable, and she storms out of her room, out of the house, and runs away. She ends up at her DadÂ’s house, desperately seeking his solace. She walks in the front door. Haley and Jimmy are there, and immediately go over to her.

Jimmy – Sweetie, are you all right? What’s wrong? How did you get here?

Marissa – I just don’t know what to do. I feel like everything is so screwed up. I feel like I screwed everything up, and now I’m all alone.

Jimmy – Sweetheart. You’re not alone. You’ll never be alone, not as long as I have anything to say about it. Why don’t you take a long, warm bath, throw on some comfortable clothes, and let me make you some dinner. Alright?

Marissa – Sure. That actually sounds really good. I’m all worn out.

Marissa goes up to take a bath and get comfortable. Jimmy calls over to the NicholÂ’s and tells Julie that Marissa is over there picking up some things she forgot. Haley orders some Chinese food for delivery.

Jimmy – I just wish there was something more I could do. I wish I could just make all her troubles go away. I miss the old days of me and her hanging out, worry free. Now it seems like so much is happening, and its turning her in circles.

Haley – It’s just a tough time right now. Between Julie marrying my Dad, her moving out, you and I starting to date, and now that Ryan left, she has a lot on her plate. She’ll adjust, it just takes time. The best thing for her is support.

Jimmy – Yeah, I know. Things have gotten so complicated over the last year. But you’re definitely right, time heals all.

Haley – Of course I’m right.
Haley gives Jimmy her sexy eyes, and decides to change the gloomy mood a bit.
Haley - Now, where were we a few minutes ago?
Jimmy takes Haley and carries her to the couch, where they passionately kiss.

Scene switches to Ryan, lying on his bed, trying to figure out what in the world he is going to do next. So many thoughts are running rampantly through his head. He misses the CohenÂ’s, he misses Seth, and mostly, he missed Marissa. Theresa reluctantly enters, followed by Eddie.

Theresa – Uh, Ryan?

Ryan looks up toward Theresa, then jumps out of his bed at the sight of Eddie.

Theresa – Ryan, calm down. Eddie is here to talk, nothing more.

Ryan – How could you let him in this house?

Eddie – Hey, I deserve to be here life more than you do! Why don’t you go back to your rich ass VIP life, and let us live ours?!?

Ryan – Why don’t you try to be a real man, and try to hit me, not a defenseless girl?

Theresa – Ryan, Eddie, STOP! Stop this right now! This was a terrible idea, Eddie, maybe you should just leave.

Eddie – What? I’m not leaving, that jerk should be the one leaving. Why is here anyway?

Theresa – Because of the baby. I don’t know… I’m not sure who the father is…

Eddie – WHAT?? What do you mean you’re not sure who the father is?
In a fit of rage, Eddie grabs Theresa by the arms and begins to violently shake her. Ryan immediately tackles Eddie to the ground and punches him 3 times in the face, at which point Arturo grabs Ryan and pulls him off. Arturo then grabs Eddie from the ground and throws him out of the house.

Ryan – Theresa, are you all right? He didn’t hurt you did he?

Theresa (Crying) – No. He didn’t hurt me, I’m just scared. Scared that he might actually be the baby’s father.

Ryan then hugs Theresa and holds her in his arms. She hugs him back, shaking and crying. TheresaÂ’s mother comes in after hearing what happened and makes sure everything is ok. She can tell by their faces that everything definitely is not.

So, what do you think so far, if you actually made it through the whole thing?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2004-05-11, 09:58 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Well, don't ask me how, but I'm a..."
It certainly is alot more sophisticated than other lame fan fiction scripts. But a tad different from the normal dialogue and story flow. The script and dialogues sounded very flat and not like the ones I've read before. Some camera angle and actor details were left out. I think this is more likely a very well predicted fan fiction, but I doubt the real thing. but If the real thing... Ugh, the premiere is gonna suck
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2004-05-12, 06:47 AM in reply to Randuin's post starting "It certainly is alot more sophisticated..."
yah, when i read what these people are saying, it doesn't sound like they say that, it just sounds weird
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
iceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweeniceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

iceman887

Posted 2004-05-12, 07:50 AM in reply to iceman887's post starting "yah, when i read what these people are..."
Doh. I was bored and made it up. I wasn't actually figuring you guys would read it if I said it was mine, so I made up that little fib.

There is one I've read so far that was awesome, but they had a scene in the first episode that had Theresa losing her baby, and I just don't think it could possibly happen that early. I can see it happening, but a few episodes in.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2004-05-12, 08:05 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Doh. I was bored and made it up. I..."
This is probably the best one I've read so far. Oh, and its pretty damn long, but much easier to get into than mine. This one is great. A little extreme at times, but nonetheless, a decent Season Premiere.

The OC – Season II, Episode I.

Night has fallen over Newport Beach and the camera pans a view of Caleb and JulieÂ’s castle, camera slowly zooms in on MarissaÂ’s balcony where the French doors are open. The castle looks dead, no lights on anywhere, and we see a shot of Marissa asleep in bed. Her room is filled with still packed boxes, nothing is put away, it seems as though nothing in Marissa CooperÂ’s life is in order.

Suddenly, we see the door to MarissaÂ’s room open and a figure slowly and quietly moves into the room. The figure walks over to MarissaÂ’s bed, sits down next to her and runs a hand through her hair. Without pause, the figure leans down and softly kisses MarissaÂ’s lips. Marissa is awoken by the kiss but doesnÂ’t open her eyes.

Marissa: (Eyes still closed and in a whisper) Ryan.

Marissa opens her eyes and sees the man she loves hovering over her with a smile on his face.

Marissa: Ryan!

Marissa shot up and wrapped her arms around Ryan. Ryan wrapped his arms around her waist and held her close.

Ryan: (Whispering) I missed you.

Marissa: I missed you tooÂ…I canÂ’t believe youÂ’re here.

Ryan: I had to see you.

A tear ran down MarissaÂ’s cheek as she looked deeply into RyanÂ’s eyes. Marissa leaned in and kissed Ryan; Ryan both welcomed and returned her kisses and Marissa pulled him down on the bed. Ryan was laying on top of Marissa kissing her, both of them oblivious to the rest of the world. Ryan kissed MarissaÂ’s neck and whispered in her ear.

Ryan: (Whispering) IÂ’ll always love you.

Suddenly Marissa opened her eyes and shot up out of bed, her eyes desperately searching the room for something that could tell her that Ryan had been thereÂ…but he hadnÂ’t. She was dreaming.

--Play title music and theme song—

Marissa is sitting up in bed, still searching the room with her eyes. She would do anything to make that dream a reality. Marissa looked over at her nightstand, the clock read 12:05am.

Marissa: I have to see him.

Marissa got out of bed and quickly got dressed. She grabbed her purse, cell phone and car keys and made her way out of her room, down the stairs and quietly slipped out the front door. Marissa got into her Jeep and tore down the road towards the highway headed for Chino. There were a million things running through MarissaÂ’s head as she drove to Chino. What would she say to him? Would he be home? Would he be happy to see her? Would he be with Theresa? Marissa shifted her last thought to the back of her brain, determined to see him, if only for a second.

Before Marissa knew it she was pulling into TheresaÂ’s driveway. There wasnÂ’t any traffic on the road and she had gotten there a lot quicker than she had anticipated. She turned her car off and sat in the drivers seat trying to muster up the nerve to go see him. After about five minutes, she stepped out of the car and looked at the house. The house was dead, no lights on anywhere, and no movement from inside. Marissa hoped that Ryan would be staying in ArturoÂ’s room in the backhouse, she didnÂ’t want to wake everybody up, in fact she didnÂ’t want Theresa to know she was there, but she had to see Ryan. Marissa made her way over to the back gate of the house and was happy to see it was unlocked. She slowly opened the gate and saw the lights were on in the backhouse. Her heart jumped as she realized that Ryan was in there. All of a sudden she was having second thoughts. Her brain was scrambling trying to come up with answers. It had been three weeks since Ryan left Newport, and he hadnÂ’t contacted Marissa once. Maybe he really didnÂ’t want to see her? Maybe he wanted nothing to do with her? Maybe there was a reason why he didnÂ’t say goodbye? Maybe he never really did love her? Marissa suddenly lost her courage and turned to go back to her car. She got back in her car and turned it on, only to turn it off again.

Marissa: What am I doing?

Marissa got out of her car again and walked back over to the gate. She opened the gate quietly and walked straight over to the back house. She stood outside the door wondering if she should knock or just walk in. She finally got up the nerve to knock on the door.

Ryan was sitting inside the backhouse on the foot of the bed with his head in his hands. He had tried to fall asleep, but ever since heÂ’d got back to Chino, he hadnÂ’t been sleeping well. There were a million things running through his head, but mostly his brain was filled with two things, the possibility that the baby in TheresaÂ’s stomach was his, and the possibility that he may never see Marissa again. Suddenly there were two quiet knocks at the door. Ryan lifted his head and looked over at the door, he was sure that both Theresa and her mother were in the house already asleep, he had a thought that raced through his head that it might be Eddie, coming to kick the crap out of him at 1:00am for coming back to Chino with Theresa. Ryan sat still, staring at the door when there were two more knocks at the door. Finally, Ryan got up and opened the door. His eyes widened as he saw Marissa standing there looking up at him.

Ryan: (Shocked) What are – Hi.

Marissa: Can I come in?

Ryan, who is utterly speechless, opened the screen door for her and shifted to his left to allow Marissa to enter his room. Marissa walked up the steps and moved into the room, Ryan watched her as she came in and then shifted his glance over to the house, which was still dark. Ryan stepped back into the room and shut the door. He turned toward Marissa who was staring at him, the two stood in silence at opposite ends of the room staring at each other. Neither knew what to say, or how to start the conversation. Marissa shifted her glance from RyanÂ’s eyes to the floor and then back up to Ryan and smiled at him. Ryan gave Marissa his classic half smile, and MarissaÂ’s heart melted.

Marissa: IÂ…umÂ…I justÂ…I had to see you.

Ryan: Are you okay?

Marissa: Far from it.

Ryan: WhatÂ’s wrong?

Marissa: You left.

Ryan opened his mouth slightly as though he was going to say something, and then stopped. Ryan looked down at the floor.

Marissa: Look, I know I have no right to be here, and maybe I should have just stayed home butÂ…I had this dream and I woke up and before I knew it I was pulling into TheresaÂ’s driveway. I donÂ’t knowÂ…I donÂ’t know anything exceptÂ…I love you, and I miss you and I had to see youÂ…

Ryan looked up from the floor and looked into MarissaÂ’s eyes.

Marissa: Â…and I know you have obligations and responsibilities, andÂ…and you probably donÂ’t love me, but IÂ…

Marissa suddenly stopped talking, her eyes filled with tears. Marissa was trying to get a read on Ryan who was just standing there staring at her.

Marissa: IÂ…I should just go. IÂ’m sorry for coming.

Marissa wiped the tears from her eyes and slowly started walking towards the door. She stopped right next to Ryan who was standing next to the door.

Marissa: IÂ’m sorry.

Marissa reached down and placed her hand on the doorknob. She cracked the door open and was about to leave when Ryan reached over placed his hand on the door and shut it.

Ryan: IÂ’m the one who should be sorry.

Marissa took her hand off the door and looked at Ryan speechless and in shock.

Ryan: I should have told youÂ…I should have told you a lot of things.

Marissa felt her tears rolling down her cheeks, she couldnÂ’t contain them.

Ryan: It kills me that you think I donÂ’t love you becauseÂ…I do. I justÂ…I couldnÂ’t say goodbye to you Marissa, if I did, I knew I wouldnÂ’t be able to leave. And I thoughtÂ…I knew that I had to go. I wake up every morning wishing I was still in Newport, wishing I was with you, wishing I had told you everything I wanted to say before I left.

Marissa: So tell me now.

Ryan: I love you.

Marissa: I love you too.

Ryan reached out and grabbed Marissa and pulled her into a tight hug. Ryan buried his head in MarissaÂ’s neck, and Marissa melted in his arms.

Ryan: IÂ’m glad you came.

Marissa: Me too.

Ryan led Marissa over to the bed and they sat down at the foot of the bed.
Ryan: IÂ’m sorry I didnÂ’t call youÂ…I wanted to, but I always stopped myself.
Marissa: I understand.

Ryan: SoÂ…how is everybody?

Marissa: Depressed.

Ryan looked at Marissa and was obviously confused.

Marissa: YouÂ’ve talked with Sandy and Kirsten right?

Ryan: No, not since I left.

Marissa: Oh my God, you donÂ’t know about Seth.

Ryan: What about him?

Marissa: He ran away.

Ryan: What! When? Where did he go?

Marissa: He left the same night you did. He left notes for his parents and for Summer and took his boat. Nobody knows where he is, or where heÂ’s going.
Ryan shot up from the bed and started pacing around the room.

Ryan: This is all my fault.

Marissa: You canÂ’t blame yourself Ryan.

Ryan: He was so mad at me. I went up to his room before I left with Theresa to say goodbye to him, and he would barely speak to me.

Marissa: I canÂ’t believe Sandy and Kirsten didnÂ’t call and tell you.

Ryan: Me either.

Ryan stopped pacing and put his hands on his head, he looked like he was about to break down. Marissa stood up and walked behind him and put her hand on his shoulder.

Marissa: IÂ’m sure heÂ’s okay.

Ryan turned around to face Marissa.

Ryan: Seth is the only person whoÂ…(pause)Â…from the second I met him, Seth treated me like a brother, he is my brotherÂ…he never judged me, he never thought any less of meÂ…

Marissa: I know, heÂ’s going to be okay Ryan.

Ryan: MaybeÂ…howÂ’s Summer doing?

Marissa: SheÂ’s a wreck, sheÂ’s convinced that something bad is going happen and sheÂ’s never going to see him again.

Ryan: What about Sandy and Kirsten?

Marissa: I donÂ’t really know, IÂ’ve only been over there once since you left. ItÂ’s hardÂ…itÂ’s hard for me to be there. But, Sandy seemed to be handling it wellÂ…or okay, Kirsten is of course worried, she was crying the whole time when I was there. I canÂ’t even imagine what they are going through they lost both of their sonÂ’s in the course of two hours.

Ryan looked down at the floor and then back up at Marissa. In an instant Ryan backed away from Marissa and went over to the closet and grabbed his bag. He immediately started throwing clothes into it.

Marissa: What are you doing?

Ryan: IÂ’m going back to NewportÂ…for now.

Ryan continued grabbing clothes and stuffed them in the bag. Marissa stood watching Ryan pack, she didnÂ’t care why he was coming back to Newport, as long as he was going to be there, even if only for a couple days. Ryan zipped his bag up and walked over to the table and scribbled a note on a pad of paper for Theresa.

Ryan: LetÂ’s go.

Marissa: UhÂ…okay.

Marissa pulled her Jeep up the CohenÂ’s driveway, it was a little after 2:00am. Ryan and Marissa stepped out of the car and stood in front of the house. Ryan looked up at the mansion he once called home, while Marissa headed towards the front door.

Ryan: Wait.

Marissa stopped and turned towards Ryan.

Ryan: They are probably asleep, why donÂ’t we just go through the back, I can talk to them tomorrow morning.

Marissa nodded and the two of them walked around the back of the house and entered the pool house. Marissa sat down on the bed and Ryan set his bag down and walked around the pool house.

Ryan: I feel like I havenÂ’t been here in years.

Marissa: These have been a long three weeks.

Ryan joined Marissa on the bed, and took her hand in his.

Marissa: HowÂ’s Theresa doing?

Ryan looked at her somewhat surprised that she would be asking.

Ryan: SheÂ’s goodÂ…I guess.

Marissa: You guess?

Ryan: Well sometimes I wonder why IÂ’m even there.

Marissa looked up at Ryan, a glint of hope in her eyes.

Ryan: TheresaÂ’s got her mom there who tends to her and takes care of everything that she needs. IÂ’m pretty much just the man around the house; I do the dishes and take out the trash, vacuum the floors and cook breakfast. IÂ’m not really doing anything for her besides simply being there. Sometimes I wonder if I gave up my shot at a second chance for a kid that might not even be mine.

Marissa: Do you think itÂ’s yours?

Ryan: I donÂ’t knowÂ…I think Theresa wants it to be mine, but Eddie doesnÂ’t, and he is most certainly not thrilled about the fact that IÂ’m living there.

Marissa: Does he come over a lot?

Ryan: Not really, he came over when I first got there and we got into a fight because I confronted him about hitting Theresa, and then he confronted me about sleeping with her. When he does come over, heÂ’s usually there for about five minutes, he comes in says hi to Theresa and then takes off with his friends to go party. I just try to stay out of his way.

Marissa: That doesnÂ’t seem very fair.

Ryan: ItÂ’s not. There isnÂ’t one person out of the three of us who is ready to be a parent. I get why Theresa canÂ’t give up the baby, but I worry about what kind of life this kid is going to have. And now I have to worry about Seth tooÂ…

Ryan shifted his glance from Marissa to the backyard, and stared out towards the ocean. For a couple minutes they sat in silence, feeling no need for small talk. Eventually, Marissa spoke up.

Marissa: Why donÂ’t we just go to bed?

Ryan: Are you staying?

Marissa: IÂ…yeahÂ…unlessÂ…

Ryan: Stay.

Ryan smiled at Marissa and she of course smiled back. Ryan shifted back on the bed and lay down on the right side, while Marissa lay on the left. Ryan turned on to his side and reached over and turned the lamp off. Marissa turned on to her side as well with her back to Ryan. Ryan turned back towards Marissa and shifted over in the bed so he was next to her. Ryan wrapped his arm around Marissa and pulled her into him. Marissa smiled to herself and moved her hand down and put it over his, their fingers intertwined immediately. Ryan nestled his head down next to hers.

Ryan: Goodnight.

Marissa: Goodnight.

Ryan closed his eyes and thought he might actually be able to get his first night of good sleep in three weeks. Ryan was slowly drifting to sleep when he heard MarissaÂ’s voice.

Marissa: (Softly) Ryan.

Ryan: Yeah.

Marissa: IÂ…I thought I was never going to see you again.

Ryan: Me too.

Marissa: I donÂ’t want to lose youÂ…Ryan, I canÂ’t lose you.

Ryan: I know what you mean; weÂ’ll figure this out.

Marissa: I hope so.

Ryan held Marissa closer and tighter and the two soon drifted off to sleep.
The next morning Ryan was awoken by the sunshine reflecting off the pool and into the pool house. Ryan opened his eyes and soon realized that Marissa was sleeping in his arms. Ryan smiled feeling good about himself for the first time since before he found out Theresa was pregnant. Ryan leaned down and whispered in MarissaÂ’s ear.

Ryan: (Whispering) Marissa.

Marissa shifted in RyanÂ’s arms and laid on her back and opened her eyes.

Marissa: Hi.

Ryan: (Smiling) Hi.

Marissa: I thought I was dreaming again.

Ryan: YouÂ’re not dreaming.

Ryan slowly leaned down and kissed her, the first kiss they had shared in three weeks. The kiss was soft yet full of passion. Ryan slowly let up but Marissa pulled him back down and kissed him again. Ryan shifted his body on top of MarissaÂ’s and they had one of their traditional make out sessions. After a few minutes they finally let up and just smiled at each other.
Ryan: Come on, letÂ’s go in the house, I have to find Sandy and Kirsten.
Ryan and Marissa got out of bed and walked hand in hand through the back doors of the kitchen. Sandy and Kirsten were standing in the kitchen drinking coffee.

Ryan: Hi.

Kirsten: Oh my God, Ryan!

Kirsten ran over to Ryan and gave him a hug.

Ryan: Are you okay?

Kirsten: IÂ’m hanging in there.

Ryan: (Turning towards Sandy) I thought you said she wasnÂ’t a hug-

Ryan canÂ’t finish his sentence because Sandy came over to him and gave him a hug.

Sandy: ItÂ’s good to have you home kid.

Ryan: ItÂ’s good to be home.

Sandy and Kirsten smiled.

Ryan: Why didnÂ’t you call and tell me about Seth?

Kirsten: We didnÂ’t want to worry you.

Sandy: Yeah, we figured you already had so much on your mind.

Ryan: So nobody knows where he is?

Sandy: No.

Ryan: But he took his boat?

Sandy: Yes.

Ryan: Have you called the Coast Guard, the Police, anybody?

Sandy: We called the Coast Guard but havenÂ’t heard anything back from them yet.

Kirsten started to tear up and Sandy walked over and comforted her.

Ryan: I canÂ’t believe he would do this; IÂ’m so sorry guys.

Sandy: ItÂ’s not your fault Ryan.

Ryan looked down at the floor obviously disturbed.

Ryan: Well we need to find him.

Sandy: Short of taking a boat out in the Pacific Ocean, weÂ’re doing all we can.

Ryan: There has to be something else we can do.

The four of them stand in the kitchen in silence trying to come up with some way to find Seth and get him home safely.

MeanwhileÂ…back in Chino. TheresaÂ’s mother is standing in the kitchen drinking coffee and reading the newspaper when Theresa walked in from the back of the house.

Theresa: Morning mom.

TheresaÂ’s Mom: Hey honey, how are you, do you need anything?

Theresa: IÂ’m okay, a little queasy though.

TheresaÂ’s Mom: That is to be expected.

Theresa: Where is Ryan? HeÂ’s usually up by now.

TheresaÂ’s Mom: I havenÂ’t seen him, maybe heÂ’s still asleep.

Theresa: IÂ’ll go check on him.

TheresaÂ’s Mom: ItÂ’s okay honey, I can go get him.

Theresa: No, itÂ’s all right, IÂ’ll be right back.

Theresa walked out the back door and headed towards the backhouse. Theresa knocked once on the door and then opened it.

Theresa: Hey Ryan, you up?

Theresa walked in and found the backhouse empty. She slowly looked around the room and found that all of RyanÂ’s stuff was gone. Eventually she saw the note Ryan had left on the table, she walked over to the table, sat down and read the note aloud.

Theresa: (Reading Ryan’s note) Theresa…I’m sorry for leaving like this but I had to go back to Newport. Seth ran away from home, and my family needs me. Call me if you need anything and I’ll be back in a couple days. – Ryan.
Theresa clinched the note in her hand and got up from the table and went back into the house. Theresa walked into the kitchen and sat next to her mom at the table.

TheresaÂ’s Mom: WhatÂ’s wrong honey?

Theresa: RyanÂ’s gone.

TheresaÂ’s Mom: What?

Theresa slid RyanÂ’s note over to her mother, who then picked it up and read it.

TheresaÂ’s Mom: ItÂ’s okay honey, heÂ’ll be back, and his family needs him.

Theresa: HeÂ’s supposed to be my family.

TheresaÂ’s Mom: Theresa, you donÂ’t even know if this baby is his. It took a lot for Ryan to drop everything and come here to make sure you were okay. His family is in Newport, and they obviously need him.

Theresa: I need him.

TheresaÂ’s Mom: Oh honey, I know you love him, and I know you want the baby to be his, but you have to be willing to let it not be, and you have to be willing to let him go.

Theresa: I guess it doesnÂ’t really matter because he doesnÂ’t love me.

Theresa started crying and stormed out of the kitchen, her mom watched her go, obviously concerned. Theresa burst into her room and lay on her bed bawling.

Back in Newport Beach, Ryan, Marissa, Sandy and Kirsten all sit at the table in the kitchen.

Ryan: Okay, so the first time Seth and I went sailing, he told me about this plan he had to sail to Tahiti. He wanted to do it in 42 days.

Sandy: Do you think thatÂ’s where he went?

Ryan: I really donÂ’t know.

Kirsten: Well even if he was, then thatÂ’s another three weeks or so before he would even get there.

Ryan: We also talked about sailing to Catalina, Seth mentioned taking the girls and going for a weekend.

Marissa, who was sitting across the table from Ryan looked up at him and smiled. Ryan smiled back at her, and the two momentarily got lost in each others eyes before getting pulled back into reality by Sandy.

Sandy: So, Catalina or Tahiti.

Ryan: YesÂ…noÂ…I wish I knew.

Sandy: Well if he went to Catalina, he would be there by now.

Ryan: Maybe you can call authorities in each of the places and give them SethÂ’s description; at least they would know who they were looking for.

Kirsten: ThatÂ’s a good idea Sandy.

Sandy: IÂ’ll go make some calls.

Sandy got up from the table and went into the living room to make some calls and see if anybody had seen Seth.

Kirsten: So how are you Marissa, I havenÂ’t seen you much sinceÂ…

Marissa: (Unconvincingly) IÂ’ve been okay.

Kirsten: How is Summer doing, have you talked to her lately?

Marissa: SheÂ’s scared and worried and depressed. SheÂ’s trying to understand why Seth left, but she canÂ’t.

Kirsten: We all are.

Marissa nodded to Kirsten, and looked like she was about to say something when suddenly they all heard the front door slam shut.

Kirsten: Who is that?

The newly married Mrs. Julie Nichol stormed into the Cohen house.

Julie: MARISSA!!!!!

Marissa: Oh God.

Ryan: You didnÂ’t tell her?

Marissa: Do you really think she would have let me go to Chino in the middle of the night to see you?

Julie stormed into the kitchen, obviously pissed off.

Julie: Marissa! Thank God, you are in big trouble young lady, get in your car and drive home immediately.

Kirsten: Calm down Julie.

Julie: No Kirsten I will not calm down, she ran awayÂ…again.

Marissa: I did not run away.

Julie: Oh really, IÂ’ve been searching this city high and low for you and youÂ’re sitting here drinking coffeeÂ…with Ryan.

Ryan: Yeah and IÂ’m sure youÂ’re going to blame all this on me.

Julie: You have done nothing but turn my daughters life upside down since you got here. You ruined her life!

Ryan: No Julie, you ruined her life.

Julie: How dare you speak to me that way!

Ryan: Yeah well I lost all respect for you about two seconds after I met you.

Julie: I donÂ’t have to take this. WeÂ’re leaving Marissa.

Marissa: IÂ’m not going anywhere with you.

Julie: ThatÂ’s it; IÂ’m calling Dr. Milano.

Ryan: ThatÂ’s your solution to everything Julie, you shift the blame, itÂ’s always everybody else fault but yours. You know what, take a good long hard look in the mirror Julie, because you are so self indulged and concerned about what everybody in this town thinks about you and how much money you have in the bank to open your damn eyes and realize what is actually going on!

Julie: ShouldnÂ’t you be in Chino right now taking care of that b*stard child of yours!

Marissa: Mom!

Kirsten: Julie! That is uncalled for!

Ryan: At least I deal with my problems Julie, I made a mistake and IÂ’m willing to pay for it, to take responsibility for my actions.

Julie: And IÂ’m not!

Ryan: No Julie, the difference isÂ…you are the problem! You would much rather ship your daughter off to some institution somewhere than deal with the truth.

Sandy hearing all the yelling coming from the kitchen walks in behind Julie.

Sandy: What the hell is going on here?

Julie: Nothing Sandy, I donÂ’t have to take this. This is not over Marissa!

Julie stormed out of the house slamming the front door as she left. As soon as Julie exited the kitchen Ryan turned towards Marissa to see if she was okay.

Ryan: SorryÂ…IÂ’m really in no mood to deal with your mother.

Marissa: Are you kidding, that was great.

A smile appeared on RyanÂ’s face, and Marissa smiled back at him.

Kirsten: So did you have any luck Sandy?

Sandy: No, nobody has seen him.

Kirsten: So did you have any luck Sandy?

Sandy: No, nobody has seen him.

Kirsten: Oh Sandy, what are we going to do now?

Sandy: All we can do is wait.

Kirsten: WeÂ’ve been waiting for three weeks Sandy!

Ryan: DonÂ’t worry Kirsten; heÂ’ll turn up.

Sandy, Kirsten and Ryan sat back down at the kitchen table, while Marissa took her coffee mug over to the sink.

Marissa: I think I should get homeÂ…deal with my mother.

Ryan: You sure?

Marissa: Yeah, it will be okay, IÂ’ll be back later.

Back in Chino, Theresa is still in her room crying over Ryan, and TheresaÂ’s mom is standing in the kitchen doing the dishes. Suddenly, she hears the doorbell ring. TheresaÂ’s mom stops what she is doing and goes over to the door and opens it.

TheresaÂ’s Mom: Eddie.

Eddie: Hi, is Theresa –

TheresaÂ’s Mom: SheÂ’s upset Eddie, you should come back later.

TheresaÂ’s mom tries to close the door on Eddie, but he pushes the door back open and steps into the house.

Eddie: What is going on?

TheresaÂ’s Mom: Nothing, I donÂ’t think she wants to see anybody.

Eddie: (Annoyed) IÂ’m sure sheÂ’d see RyanÂ…

TheresaÂ’s Mom looks down at the floor avoiding eye contact with Eddie.

Eddie: Â…Where is Ryan?

TheresaÂ’s Mom: He had to go back to Newport.

Eddie: ThatÂ’s why sheÂ’s upset, isnÂ’t it.

TheresaÂ’s Mom doesnÂ’t say anything and Eddie is obviously pissed off, he stormed down the hall and burst into TheresaÂ’s room, and sees her laying on the bed crying.

Eddie: Theresa!

Theresa: Get out of here Eddie!

Eddie: No!

Theresa gets up from the bed and stands in front of Eddie.

Theresa: I want nothing to do with you.

Eddie: Yeah well I think our baby that is growing inside of you would say different.

Theresa: (Yelling) As far as IÂ’m concerned it is not your baby!

Eddie: (Yelling) How can you say that!

Theresa: Because I want the baby to be RyanÂ’s.

Eddie clinched his hands into fists.

Eddie: This baby is not RyanÂ’s. You slept with Ryan once, how many times have we slept together over the past couple months, it is million to one odds that that baby is RyanÂ’s!

Theresa: Yeah well IÂ’ll take my chances! God knows youÂ’re going to make one hell of a father!

Before Eddie knew it, he had careened back and slapped Theresa across the face. Theresa let out a scream and was spun around and falling back by the force of EddieÂ’s slap. TheresaÂ’s stomach crashed into the corner of the footboard of the bed and she fell to the floor. TheresaÂ’s mom ran into the bedroom after hearing TheresaÂ’s scream, she saw Theresa laying on the floor and Eddie standing over her. TheresaÂ’s mom grabbed EddieÂ’s arm and tried to pull him back but Eddie shook her off of him and pushed her into the wall.

Eddie: B*tch!

Eddie ran out of the bedroom and then out of the house smashing everything around him as he left. TheresaÂ’s mom immediately went over to Theresa who was laying on the floor in a fetal position crying and clutching her stomach.

Theresa: (Between tears) The babyÂ…the baby.

Evening fell over Newport Beach, Sandy and Kirsten were sitting in the living room anxiously waiting for the phone to ring, and Ryan was in the pool house. Marissa pulled her Jeep up the CohenÂ’s driveway and made her way around the back toward the pool house to see Ryan. The French doors to the pool house were standing open and Marissa walked in, but suddenly stopped as she saw Ryan standing next to the bed with his back to the doorÂ…he was packing his bag.

Marissa: So whatÂ…youÂ’re just going to leave again without saying goodbye?
Ryan quickly turned around and saw Marissa tearing up and standing in the doorway.

Ryan: No.

Marissa who didnÂ’t believe him turned and started to leave, but Ryan ran after her. Ryan grabbed her arm and pulled her into the pool house.
Ryan: I was not going to leave without saying goodbye to you. Sandy is driving me back to Chino tomorrow morning; I was just packing my stuff up.

Marissa: Tomorrow?

Ryan: (Looking down at the floor) Yeah.

Marissa: I donÂ’t want you to leaveÂ…canÂ’t you stayÂ…just a little while longer.

Ryan: IÂ’m sorry.

Ryan moved back over to the bed and sat down.

Marissa: I donÂ’t get it RyanÂ…you said yourself that TheresaÂ’s mother takes care of her; that she takes care of everything. I know IÂ’m acting extremely selfish, but I just donÂ’t see why you canÂ’t stay here and just drive up to Chino a couple times a week to make sure sheÂ’s okayÂ…IÂ…I could go with you.

Ryan: I donÂ’t think you coming to Chino is the best idea.

Marissa: No, IÂ’m sure you donÂ’t.

Ryan immediately stands up from the bed.

Ryan: Marissa, I donÂ’t mean it like that.

Marissa: Then what do you mean?

Ryan: TheresaÂ…Theresa wants this baby to be mine, and she wants the two of us to be together, you being thereÂ…

Marissa starts to cry when Ryan says this, and Ryan stops talking and slowly approaches Marissa.

Ryan: Â…But I canÂ’t, I canÂ’t be with her like that. But I canÂ’t abandon her either.

Marissa looked up at Ryan who was now standing right in front of her, tears were running uncontrollably from her eyes.

Ryan: I know that you think IÂ’m abandoning you, and in ways I guess I am, and it kills me Marissa, it breaks my heart. But this babyÂ…this baby is a variable in the equation that I cannot ignore. I canÂ’t runaway from my mistakesÂ…I have to pay for them, and unfortunately, you have to pay too.
Marissa took a step towards Ryan and collapsed in his arms. Ryan wrapped his arms around her and held her tight.

Ryan: I am so sorry.

Marissa: I knowÂ…I just wish you didnÂ’t have to leave.

Ryan and Marissa stood in the pool house holding each other when suddenly the phone rang. The both jumped a little as the ringing of the phone disturbed the silence in the room, the ringing stopped quickly as Sandy or Kirsten probably picked the phone up from the house, hoping it was Seth. A few minutes later, Sandy ran out to the pool house.

Sandy: Ryan, you better take this.

Ryan: Who is it?

Sandy: TheresaÂ’s mom.

Ryan has a confused look on his face and took the phone from Sandy.

Ryan: (On phone) Hello?

TheresaÂ’s Mom: (On phone) Ryan, hi.

Ryan: WhatÂ’s wrong; is everything okay?

TheresaÂ’s Mom: No, I think you better come back here.

Ryan: What happened?

TheresaÂ’s Mom: TheresaÂ’s in the hospital.

Ryan: IÂ’ll be there soon.

Ryan hung up the phone and looked over at Sandy worried.

Ryan: TheresaÂ’s in the hospital, I need to go back to Chino now.

Marissa: What happened?

Ryan: I donÂ’t know.

Sandy: Come on, IÂ’ll drive you.

Sandy and Ryan started to head out the door while Marissa just stood in the pool house.

Marissa: RyanÂ…

Ryan stopped and turned around facing Marissa.

Ryan: Come with me?

About forty-five minutes later SandyÂ’s BMW screeched into the hospital parking lot. Ryan, Sandy and Marissa jumped out of the car and Ryan sprinted through the hospital doors. Ryan found TheresaÂ’s mom sitting in the waiting room.

Ryan: Hey.

TheresaÂ’s Mom: Ryan.

Ryan gave her a hug; he could tell she was worried. A few seconds later, Sandy and Marissa caught up with Ryan in the waiting room.

Ryan: What happened, whatÂ’s going on?

TheresaÂ’s Mom: Eddie.

Ryan: What did he do to her?

TheresaÂ’s Mom: Eddie came to the house to see her, she was upset because you had left. They got into a fightÂ…they were screaming at each other, Eddie hit her and she hit her stomach on the footboard of the bed and fell to the floor.

Ryan: The baby.

TheresaÂ’s Mom: SheÂ’s really scared, I finally got her to come to the hospital; I knew she had to be checked out.

Ryan: Can I see her?

TheresaÂ’s Mom: Not yet, IÂ’ve been waiting for the doctors to come out.
Ryan looked down at the floor, and in the process noticed a bruise forming on TheresaÂ’s momÂ’s arm.

Ryan: Did Eddie do that to you?

TheresaÂ’s Mom: I tried to pull him back, he grabbed me and pushed he into the wallÂ…IÂ’m okay though.

Ryan: I canÂ’t believe thisÂ…IÂ’m going to kill him.

Sandy: Ryan, calm down.

Ryan: Would you be calm?

Sandy: No, I guess I wouldnÂ’t.

Sandy walked over to TheresaÂ’s mom and tried to comfort her, while Ryan stepped back and stood next to Marissa, Marissa reached over held his hand.

Sandy: Have you called the police?

TheresaÂ’s Mom: Yes, I called and gave them his description, and his address.

Sandy: Any word?

TheresaÂ’s Mom: No, nothing yet.

Sandy and TheresaÂ’s mom went over to the couch and sat down, while Ryan and Marissa stood. None of them spoke. TheresaÂ’s mom looked over at Ryan and Marissa together, she knew her daughter would not be happy to know Marissa was at the hospital, but she also know she couldnÂ’t do anything about.

TheresaÂ’s Mom: I was sorry to hear about your son.

Sandy: Oh, thank you.

TheresaÂ’s Mom: Do you know where he is?

Sandy: No, we think he might have sailed to Tahiti.

TheresaÂ’s Mom: Is that where rich kids run away too?

Sandy was taken aback by her statement, and just looked at TheresaÂ’s mom.

TheresaÂ’s Mom: IÂ’m sorry, I shouldnÂ’t have said thatÂ…I was out of line.
Sandy: ItÂ’s okayÂ…IÂ’m sure you have a lot on your mind.

Sandy got up from the couch and walked over to Ryan and Marissa.

Sandy: How you holding up kid?

Ryan: IÂ’m okay.

The waiting room was silent once again, until a doctor suddenly walked in. The doctor looked down at his paperwork and then up at TheresaÂ’s mom. TheresaÂ’s mom immediately stood up and walked over to the doctor.

Doctor: IÂ’m sorry maÂ’am, we did all we could, but it wasnÂ’t enough.

TheresaÂ’s Mom: The baby?

Doctor: We couldnÂ’t save it, IÂ’m sorry.

TheresaÂ’s Mom: How is Theresa doing?

Doctor: I think sheÂ’s in shock a bit, but other than that, sheÂ’s fine.

TheresaÂ’s Mom: Can I see her now?

Doctor: Yes, of course, sheÂ’s in room 214.

TheresaÂ’s mom turned toward Ryan, who looked like he was in shock.

TheresaÂ’s Mom: Do you want to come Ryan?

Ryan: UhÂ…noÂ…yeahÂ…you go ahead, IÂ’ll be in, in a few minutes.

TheresaÂ’s mom nodded and turned to walk down the hall towards TheresaÂ’s room. Ryan stepped away from Sandy and Marissa and went and sat down on the couch. Sandy and Marissa just looked at each other and then went over to the couch to be with Ryan. Sandy sat down next to him and put his arm around RyanÂ’s shoulders.

Sandy: ItÂ’s going to be okay kid.

Ryan just nodded and stared at the floor. The three sat in silence; neither Sandy nor Marissa knew what to say. After a few minutes Ryan stood up.

Ryan: I should go see her.

Sandy: Yeah, weÂ’ll wait here.

Ryan nodded and walked down the hall towards TheresaÂ’s room. Ryan stopped in front of room 214, he slowly opened the door and saw Theresa and her mom sitting on the hospital bed. Ryan walked into the room, and Theresa and her mother looked over at him.

TheresaÂ’s Mom: IÂ’ll give the two of you a minute.

Theresa: Thanks.

TheresaÂ’s mom exited the room and Ryan walked over to the bed and sat down next to Theresa.

Ryan: You okay?

Theresa didnÂ’t say anything; she just grabbed Ryan and hugged him, and then started crying. Ryan hugged her back, and stared out the window.

Ryan: IÂ’m sorry.

Theresa: I just canÂ’t believe this is happening.

Theresa and Ryan stopped hugging and Theresa sat back in bed. Ryan didnÂ’t know what to say and apparently neither did Theresa. A few seconds later, TheresaÂ’s mom entered the room again.

TheresaÂ’s Mom: How are you doing honey?

Theresa: IÂ’mÂ…IÂ’m really not sure, I think I just want to go home.

Ryan stood up from the bed and walked across the room and leaned against the wall.

TheresaÂ’s Mom: Okay honey, let me go talk to your doctors and make sure itÂ’s okay.

TheresaÂ’s mom left the room once again and Theresa turned towards Ryan.
Theresa: You can come with us, stayÂ…in Chino.

Ryan, who had been looking down at the floor immediately looked up at Theresa.

Ryan: I canÂ’t.

Theresa: Why?

Ryan: IÂ’m sorry Theresa, but there is nothing left for me in Chino.

Theresa shifted her glance away from Ryan. Ryan stood up straight and began walking towards the door. Suddenly he stopped and turned around.

Ryan: Goodbye Theresa.

Ryan turned again and walked out the door. As he was leaving, he ran into TheresaÂ’s Mom in the hall. He gave her a quick hug and they said their goodbyes. Ryan walked back into the waiting room and found Sandy and Marissa sitting on the couch. They both stood up when they saw him walk in.

Ryan: LetÂ’s go home.

Last edited by Titusfied; 2004-05-12 at 08:17 AM. Reason: Added Spaces for Easier Reading
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2004-05-12, 08:20 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "This is probably the best one I've read..."
Couldn't fit it on one post.

Back in Newport, Marissa and Summer are sitting in SummerÂ’s room on her bed.

Summer: I canÂ’t believe she lost the baby, thatÂ’s so sad.

Marissa: Yeah, it is.

Summer: On the bright sideÂ…or the slightly less dark side, your boyfriend is backÂ…at least one of us can be happy.

Marissa: I donÂ’t know Sum, weÂ’ve been back in Newport for two days and heÂ’s barely spoken to me, actually heÂ’s barely spoken to anybody.

Summer: Not even Sandy and Kirsten?

Marissa: No, I was over there yesterday, and as I was walking through the house Sandy stopped me and asked if Ryan had talked to me about everything that had happened, when I told him that he hadnÂ’t really said anything, he looked concerned and then said that Ryan hadnÂ’t talked to him or Kirsten either.

Summer: Well this is a pretty big deal. And Ryan isn’t exactly “Joe – Here’s – What – I’m – Thinking.”

Marissa: Yeah, but every once in a while Ryan does open his mouth and actually talk to me. I just wish I could do something to help. I feel like heÂ’s got this wall up that I canÂ’t break through.

Summer: CoopÂ…heÂ’s Ryan, he always has a wall up.

Ryan sits by himself in the Cohen kitchen sipping coffee and staring at the wall. Kirsten and Sandy entered the kitchen, but Ryan didnÂ’t notice them.

Kirsten: Morning Ryan.

Ryan turned his head and looked over at Kirsten and then at Sandy.

Sandy: Do you want some breakfast?

Ryan shook his head indicating that he wasnÂ’t hungry. Sandy poured himself a cup of coffee and went to the table to sit with Ryan.

Sandy: Are you okay?

Ryan looked over at Sandy and nodded his head up and down, and then went back to sipping his coffee and staring at the wall.

Kirsten: Sandy, can you help me with something?

Sandy: Yeah.

Kirsten led Sandy out of the kitchen and into the living room.

Kirsten: IÂ’m really worried about him.

Sandy: Me too, I just think he needs some time. HeÂ’ll pull out of this.

Kirsten: What if he doesnÂ’t.

Sandy: He will.

Kirsten gave Sandy a concerned look. The two were soon distracted by Marissa who walked in the front door.

Marissa: Hey.

Kirsten: Hi Marissa.

Marissa: How is he?

Sandy: Stoic.

Kirsten: ItÂ’s hard to tell.

Marissa: Is he in the pool house?

Sandy: No, the kitchen.

Marissa walked past them and entered the kitchen, she saw Ryan sitting at the table still staring at the wall. Marissa walked over and sat down next to him at the table.

Marissa: Hey.

Ryan looked over at her and cracked his half smile. The two sat in silence, Ryan was obviously not talking and Marissa didnÂ’t really feel like having a one sided conversation. Marissa got up from the table and poured herself a cup of coffee, she stood behind Ryan for a few seconds wondering if she had been better off just staying at SummerÂ’s. After a few seconds, she joined Ryan at the table once again and the two sat in silence. A few minutes later Sandy and Kirsten came back into the kitchen and joined Ryan and Marissa at the table. Marissa looked at each of them as they sat down, but Ryan didnÂ’t acknowledge them.

Kirsten: Ryan, are you okay?

Sandy: A verbal response would be nice.

Ryan looked over at Kirsten, and then back at the wall. Marissa looked over at Kirsten, they shared looks of worry and concern. The four of them sat in silence for what seemed like forever for Sandy, Kirsten and Marissa.

Ryan: (Softly) You knowÂ…

The other three at the table immediately raised their heads and looked at Ryan.

Ryan: Â…I donÂ’t even know if that baby was mine, and nowÂ…IÂ’ll never know. After everything I went through with the whole abortion issueÂ…one second sheÂ’s not having the baby, and the next second she isÂ…to have complete control over the situation and make a conscience decision to have the baby, and then have that same baby ripped away from you in a situation that is completely out of your controlÂ…itÂ’sÂ…

Kirsten: ItÂ’s not easy.

Ryan: IÂ’m going to wonder if that was my kid for the rest of my life. And I canÂ’t help thinking that if only I had been there, this never would have happened.

Marissa: Ryan, you canÂ’t be sure of that.

Ryan: Yes, I can. Eddie may have hated me, but you can hate a person and still have a certain level of respect for them. If I had been in Chino, Eddie wouldnÂ’t have laid a hand on TheresaÂ…I know it.

Sandy: You canÂ’t blame yourself Ryan; this wasnÂ’t your fault.

Ryan bottled up again and began staring at the wall again. Sandy looked over at Kirsten who was looking at Ryan.

Ryan: EddieÂ’s in lock up.

Sandy: What?

Ryan: I talked to Theresa yesterday, she told me. He didnÂ’t know the baby had died, so he went home thinking everything was fine, but the cops were waiting for him.

Sandy: ThatÂ’s good.

Kirsten: How is Theresa?

Ryan: She seemed okay, although she probably isnÂ’t. She was distant; I think I said something to herÂ…in the hospital. I canÂ’t remember, that night is pretty much a blur.

Kirsten: What do you remember?

Ryan: I specifically remember the doctor saying they did all they could, after thatÂ…I remember thinking I had to sit down because my legs might give on me. I remember going into TheresaÂ’s room, I think I ran into her mom on the way out, and thenÂ…I remember waking up the next morning in the pool house. I donÂ’t remember leaving the hospital or the drive homeÂ…I just have this bad feeling I said something I shouldnÂ’t haveÂ…I was pretty out of it.

Marissa: Well you didnÂ’t miss anything on the ride home; nobody said anything.

Ryan: Really?

Sandy: We were all pretty out of it.

There was silence for a beat and then Ryan, who was obviously getting everything off his chest, spoke up again.

Ryan: Sometimes I thinkÂ…I think I screw up everybodyÂ’s life that I touch.

Kirsten: ThatÂ’s not true Ryan.

Ryan: Really, letÂ’s look at my accomplishments since IÂ’ve been in Newport. I turned this damn town upside down when I arrived, I burned down a house, I basically broke up Marissa and Luke, which eventually led to Marissa almost dying in Mexico, Luke got shot in the arm, IÂ’ve thrown so many punches I canÂ’t even keep track, there was daily detention, suspension, pending expulsion, I might have possibly knocked up a girl, and then thereÂ’s Seth. Seth running away is just icing on the cake.

Sandy: Seth leaving was not your fault.

Ryan: YouÂ’re kidding yourself. If I hadnÂ’t left, Seth wouldnÂ’t have left, and we all know it.

Marissa: What about the fact that you saved my lifeÂ…twice.

Ryan looked over at Marissa and then looked down at the floor.

Sandy: Or what about everything you did for Seth, did for us, everything you did for this family.

Marissa: And everything you did for Luke after he found out his dad was gay. You pretty much hated him from the second you moved to town, and you pushed all of that aside, and stood by him when nobody else would.

Kirsten: What about the simple fact that you put everybody before yourself.

Ryan looked up from the floor and looked at Kirsten.

Kirsten: You do Ryan, and it is absolutely amazing and honorable. The only problem with people like that is that they always get hurt, itÂ’s inevitable. But thatÂ’s you Ryan, you canÂ’t change who you are.

Sandy: ItÂ’s true, the fact that you were willing to give up everything and move back to Chino with Theresa without even knowing if the baby was yours, is a perfect example of how you put everybody before yourself.

Ryan stood up from the table, walked over to the sink and rinsed out his mug. He then walked back over to the table, but didnÂ’t sit down.

Ryan: Thanks.

Ryan turned and slowly walked out to the pool house leaving Sandy, Kirsten and Marissa sitting at the table.

Sandy: WellÂ…that wentÂ…okay.

Kirsten and Marissa just looked over at Sandy, a few seconds later Marissa got up and walked towards the pool house. Marissa thought about knocking on the door but figured Ryan wouldnÂ’t say anything; she opened the door and walked in. She found Ryan lying on the bed staring up at the ceiling. Marissa walked over to the bed and lay down next to him, and put her head on his shoulder.

Marissa: You okay?

Ryan: Not really.

Marissa shifted from her back to her side and put her arm across RyanÂ’s stomach.
Marissa: Well, for the record, you didnÂ’t screw up my lifeÂ…not at allÂ…you saved it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2004-05-26, 12:34 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Couldn't fit it on one post. Back..."
is that the end?, it is pretty good
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

iceman887

Posted 2004-05-26, 12:51 PM in reply to iceman887's post starting "is that the end?, it is pretty good"
No, there is more now, but I don't feel like getting it. Haha! It is good though, definitely.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2004-09-29, 08:00 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "No, there is more now, but I don't feel..."
oc coming back soon!!!!, not really, but kinda soon like in a month
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

iceman887

Posted 2004-09-29, 08:04 PM in reply to iceman887's post starting "oc coming back soon!!!!, not really,..."
Yeppers! November 4th is the debut! I personally can't wait!

GG!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2004-11-01, 08:35 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Yeppers! November 4th is the debut! I..."
This thursday premiers... I think I speak for all of us in this thread when I say... "SWEET!!!!!!!"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2004-11-01, 12:44 PM in reply to Randuin's post starting "This thursday premiers... I think I..."
Sweet indeed. I didnt really think much of it once it started, but after wathing 2 episodes I was hooked. Sandy is easily my favorite character and I hope we still get to see him alot in season 2.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
undeadzombieguy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenundeadzombieguy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

undeadzombieguy

Posted 2004-11-01, 06:09 PM in reply to undeadzombieguy's post starting "Sweet indeed. I didnt really think much..."
yah he is a cool guy/dad
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

iceman887

Posted 2004-11-01, 07:22 PM in reply to Randuin's post starting "This thursday premiers... I think I..."
Certainly all four of us are ecstatic! I'm going to have to skip out of my night class on Thursdays just to watch this great show. I fucking hate and love being addicted to television shows.. Not many do it, but this one certainly got me..

I love Kirsten. She r0xx0rs my s0xx0rs!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2004-11-01, 07:35 PM in reply to undeadzombieguy's post starting "Sweet indeed. I didnt really think much..."
undeadzombieguy said:
Sweet indeed. I didnt really think much of it once it started, but after wathing 2 episodes I was hooked. Sandy is easily my favorite character and I hope we still get to see him alot in season 2.
The first post by someone other than Titusfied, Randuin or iceman.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos