Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Posted 2004-03-06, 03:06 PM in reply to Dan XIII's post starting "yes Kumquats are the most important..."
Good acting, gah star wars: episode 1 dissapointed me....
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
platnum is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenplatnum is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

platnum

Posted 2004-05-30, 05:16 PM in reply to Raziel's post starting "A movie needs to understand it's place..."
Raziel said:
A movie needs to understand it's place in order to be good. Movies like "Freddy vs Jason" can get away with gratuitous plot holes because they're campy. Nobody goes to "Freddy vs Jason" expecting a riveting plot.

Movies like "Underworld" however sell themselves as being serious and should be taken seriously. So, when a movie like that has cruise liner sized plot holes, it kills the entire experience.

This is just one example, however. If you're gonna be campy, be campy. But if you're going to be serious, then for the love of God don't glaze over things like "plot" and "character interaction."
Another good example would be the movie Signs. This movie was played up so much and I never saw it in theaters, so when it came out on dvd I bought it trusting my friends weren't complete morons. FULL of plot holes, two good examples are the fact that the aliens could jump onto the roof of a house, but I'll be damned if they can kick down a wooden door. Oh, and their weakness is water, tell me how all the water vapor that is naturally in the air didn't kill them? After this movie ended I wanted to break it into a million pieces and cut the directors throat with one.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Slim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeSlim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Slim

Posted 2004-06-20, 10:46 PM in reply to Slim's post starting "Another good example would be the movie..."
All you need is cool acting, a decent plot and some respectable action scenes. Dont look into the movie too much or your going to ruin it for yourself. You shouldnt worry about petty details, it drives me insane when people complain about the smallest of thigns in a movie.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
timmay1113 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentimmay1113 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

timmay1113

Posted 2004-06-20, 11:12 PM in reply to timmay1113's post starting "All you need is cool acting, a decent..."
timmay1113 said:
All you need is cool acting, a decent plot and some respectable action scenes. Dont look into the movie too much or your going to ruin it for yourself. You shouldnt worry about petty details, it drives me insane when people complain about the smallest of thigns in a movie.
LOTR sucked, Tim. I'm just kidding.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-06-27, 09:02 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "LOTR sucked, Tim. I'm just kidding."
2PAC sucks.... along with basketball and STAR WARS

and im not kidding, lol cept the problem is you know i am
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
timmay1113 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentimmay1113 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

timmay1113

Posted 2004-06-27, 09:05 PM in reply to timmay1113's post starting "2PAC sucks.... along with basketball..."
timmay1113 said:
2PAC sucks.... along with basketball and STAR WARS

and im not kidding, lol cept the problem is you know i am
Pfft, fuck you man. You were the one who brought me into Star Wars and basketball so I don't know what you're talking about. And I've seen your small collection of 2pac stuff so you can't hide that either.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-06-27, 09:08 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Pfft, fuck you man. You were the one..."
bitch i said i was joking. Can't you take joke? pshhhhhhhh
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

timmay1113

Posted 2004-06-27, 09:09 PM in reply to timmay1113's post starting "bitch i said i was joking. Can't you..."
timmay1113 said:
bitch i said i was joking. Can't you take joke? pshhhhhhhh
I know, Slick-Rick. I was just saying, you can't even joke about the stuff you said there.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-06-27, 09:11 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "I know, Slick-Rick. I was just saying,..."
alright twit, i think i have the right to joke about it as T.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

timmay1113

Posted 2004-08-28, 09:59 AM in reply to timmay1113's post starting "alright twit, i think i have the right..."
Good movies are all seen differently to all sotrs of people. I personally enjoy watching B movies, because they are so bad they are good. A truly good movie, like Mystic River, has to pull at almost all emotions. Great directors know this. Look at any Quentin Tarantino film. They are all excellent. When a movie speaks to a person, then it is a great movie. The on the other hand, a movie that says, "I really suck, but watch and make fun of me anyway," can be good too.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
EvilLeprechaun is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEvilLeprechaun is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

EvilLeprechaun

Posted 2004-08-28, 11:03 AM in reply to EvilLeprechaun's post starting "Good movies are all seen differently to..."
I think a good movie is one that allows the viewer to be emersed in the film and lets them imagine that "Hey, this could happen to me!" or "Man, I wished that happened to me!" Which is also why books are great because you feel as though you are in the action. If it doesn't give that feeling of immersion, then chances are the movie sucks, unless it is the kind of "campy" movie that people go to with their girlfriends so the girlfriends will curl up against them and the man can feel big and strong like "Don't worry, honey, I'll protect you!" Yeah, so that is what I fell is a great movie!
R.I.P
Pontiac
Jan. 1926 - Dec. 2010 est.

Check the Gallery and Scrapbook often!
[deviantArt Account!]

Spy Hard
Agent WD-40:
Quote:
Well, you carry a UB-21 Schnauzer with an OPS Silencer, that's KGB, You prefer an 18-K over an AK, Your surveillance technique is NSA, Your ID is CIA, you recieved your PHD at NYU, traded in your GTO for a BMW, you listen to CD's by REM and STP, and you'd like to see JFK in his BVDs getting down with OPP and you probably put the toilet paper back on the roll with the paper on the inside...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Draco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Draco2003

Posted 2004-08-28, 11:46 AM in reply to Draco2003's post starting "I think a good movie is one that allows..."
Yeah. As long as it doesn't rely too much on just reality. Movies have to be unrealistic sometimes to be good. People want to escape from reality when they go to the movies. I can't stand movies that are so depressingly real it makes my eyes hurt. Ughhhh........
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
EvilLeprechaun is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEvilLeprechaun is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

EvilLeprechaun