Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

"Meteor" - my first attempt at 3d animation.
Posted 2002-11-25, 05:45 PM
http://sumyungguy.homestead.com/files/meteor.avi

Heh, low quality and short to reduce file size, but its the effort that counts right? Whatcha think for a first?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2002-11-25, 05:48 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post ""Meteor" - my first attempt at 3d..."
9/10 for a first.

oh wait... ive never done it before i dont know shit about it..lol

but i think its good for first try.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2002-11-25, 05:48 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post ""Meteor" - my first attempt at 3d..."
Coolness :-D
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wiccan][V][asta enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzWiccan][V][asta enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Wiccan][V][asta

Posted 2002-11-25, 05:51 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post ""Meteor" - my first attempt at 3d..."
Definitely good stuff for a beginner. Ahem, "n00b".

All seriousness aside, what software did you use to create that?

Last edited by JiN-RaiDeN; 2002-11-25 at 06:00 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JiN-RaiDeN is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJiN-RaiDeN is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

JiN-RaiDeN

Posted 2002-11-25, 06:03 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post ""Meteor" - my first attempt at 3d..."
Bryce (3d for noobs)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2002-11-25, 06:04 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post ""Meteor" - my first attempt at 3d..."
oh ya... that isn't THAT good if you used bryce... try using 3dsmax
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2002-11-25, 06:05 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post ""Meteor" - my first attempt at 3d..."
Quote:
Originally posted by Randuin
oh ya... that isn't THAT good if you used bryce... try using 3dsmax
me feelings is hurt

Im not a rich boy like you not enough munnies to buy 3d studio max
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2002-11-25, 06:22 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post ""Meteor" - my first attempt at 3d..."
Link doesn't work...opens windows media player but can't connect...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hellmonkeys is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenHellmonkeys is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hellmonkeys

Posted 2002-11-25, 06:23 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post ""Meteor" - my first attempt at 3d..."
how many people do you really think that BUY 3dsmax?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2002-11-25, 07:04 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post ""Meteor" - my first attempt at 3d..."
Quote:
how many people do you really think that BUY 3dsmax?
95% of every profesional graphics designer who uses it. Im no profesional tho so ill stick with bryce
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2002-11-25, 07:05 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post ""Meteor" - my first attempt at 3d..."
heh... you keep switching... from lightwave to 3dsmax to bryce
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2002-11-25, 07:20 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post ""Meteor" - my first attempt at 3d..."
nice job syg it was really good for a first try i give it a 9/10
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hell Hound is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenHell Hound is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hell Hound

Posted 2002-11-25, 07:30 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post ""Meteor" - my first attempt at 3d..."
wow man thats so kool
.....Broke the rubba, busted another all up in ya motha, so how u feel like havin another baby brotha? Wha? dont studda, ya pants hangin so low ya new baby brotha can be ya new lova!......
My Personal Website!
www.dimensionforums.com
ÖWÑëÐ
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
"CRØNîC-KîLLå" is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between"CRØNîC-KîLLå" is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

"CRØNîC-KîLLå"

Posted 2002-11-25, 11:30 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post ""Meteor" - my first attempt at 3d..."
I get to use 3dsmax for school! it was free.....although I dont get to keep it when I graduate (eh heh heh)

that was pretty nifty......you could add some tiny trees and make them toss up into the air!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DKWicked is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDKWicked is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

DKWicked

Posted 2002-11-25, 11:52 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post ""Meteor" - my first attempt at 3d..."
Quote:
heh... you keep switching... from lightwave to 3dsmax to bryce
only used 3d studio max once, and that was at school few years ago
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2002-11-26, 07:16 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post ""Meteor" - my first attempt at 3d..."
I shall download it after school..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2002-11-26, 07:44 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post ""Meteor" - my first attempt at 3d..."
Connecting... Connecting... Connecting... SLOW SHIT.
Hate schools network.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mr.Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMr.Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Mr.Lee

Posted 2002-11-26, 08:23 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post ""Meteor" - my first attempt at 3d..."
heh school network... they use t1 or t3... but after splitting 283764893478 times...it's like a 56k
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2002-11-26, 08:25 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post ""Meteor" - my first attempt at 3d..."
If enough people wants to see it, I'm going to start an explosion/SE contest.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2002-11-26, 08:32 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post ""Meteor" - my first attempt at 3d..."
lol i'm gonna have to download bryce
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin