Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art > Science and Technology News

Warp Drive Possible ...could cause black hole.
Posted 2009-06-13, 01:02 PM
http://dsc.discovery.com/news/2009/0...ve-engine.html

A brief synopsis is that there are two ways of causing a warp drive. The first, in a traditional universe where string theory is not true, and 1+1=2, they can create a bubble of energy with dark matter behind the space craft, and a lack there of on the front of the space craft. The space craft will be pushed by a "wave" and the dark matter will take an increasingly massive amount of energy to contain. Eventually the warp drive will become unstable and either: A.) Incinerate nearby space around the space craft or B.) Blow up and create a black hole.

The second mode of transportation relies on string theory. It requires the mass of jupiter in energy to allow us to create a dimensional gateway to travel through. Both are hundreds of years from being plausible .
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2009-06-13, 02:01 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post "Warp Drive Possible ...could cause..."
I tried this. Didn't work. Maybe jamer can figure it out.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2009-06-13, 03:25 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "I tried this. Didn't work. Maybe jamer..."
well there is another way to have a warp drive and it involves element 115 a proton gun and something to hold all of it.
well when a proton joins with element 115 it turns into a highly unstable version of element 116 and it turns into energy and is forced outta the back of a spacecraft at some force that will accelerate faster than what modern scientist can believe.

it is possible today to do it
Tim
I know you
said not to
deal w/ them
I didn't think
I'm lost and
I'm sorry
They Know
Run
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
jamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed it

jamer123

Posted 2009-06-13, 04:14 PM in reply to jamer123's post starting "well there is another way to have a..."
jamer123 said: [Goto]
it is possible today to do it
All technology we invent in the next infinite years is possible today... and somewhere in the universe today some alien race is creating said inventions.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2009-06-13, 06:18 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "I tried this. Didn't work. Maybe jamer..."
For some unknown reason, I assumed you were joking... but that's also if I assume jamer is serious. His theory sounds plausible in my sleep deprived state.

It's an interesting subject, and one I'll definitely look into when I'm more awake (i.e. read the article).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny