Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Life Discussion

Smile My first goals...
Posted 2009-03-30, 11:56 AM
Warning: This is going to be a long read, so all you lazy mother fuckers who don't want to read it all, I have added a TL;DR section at the bottom.

I think I have discovered why my life has gone absolutely nowhere after getting out of high school.

While I was in HS, I thought that this was it, there was nothing after, all of my friends and everyone would always live in my hometown, we'd get old together and I couldn't comprehend what exactly happened after high school, so I couldn't think past it. This mentality wasn't out of stupidity, but rather ignorance.

It's been two years since I've graduated, and I've done nothing with my life. Sure, I've held a full time job; I went to a community college for a couple classes but nothing serious. I'm still stuck in my "High School mindset" and I'm sick of it. I want.. no NEED to grow the fuck up. I see alot (I like spelling alot better then allot, I don't know why) of my high school friends having a blast up at college and shit, and I'm jealous. I'm disappointed in myself. While in high school all I did was get fucked up everyday and didn't care what so ever, but I had no idea how bad it was going to fuck up the rest of my life.

I'm not a stupid person; I'm very intelligent honestly. Many people have called me a genius, I don't think I agree with them, but I obviously have the potential to do something great with my life.

I am currently a waste of intelligence, I can tell you how to get the most high off of this drug, how much you should take for the first time on this drug, even tell you what two (or three) drugs to mix to get the best high. I know more about pharmaceutical drugs then most Doctors/Psychiatrists/Pharmacists. People call me up when they find a random pill and ask me to identify it for them.

I am also very skilled with computers. I can build one from scrap, over-clock RAM and Processors, I can almost always fix whatever computer problem there might be, I am a very skilled hacker and can manipulate packets to confuse servers.

This may all sound like I'm "bragging" about what I can do, but I'm simply trying to get the point across that I'm wasting my fucking intelligence on stupid, pointless shit! (Besides the computers of course, that's why I have my current job)

The main problem I have is that I am constantly depressed… So depressed that I don't care about myself at all, I've attempted suicide on numerous occasions, and am completely apathetic. I don't know how to get out of this apathetic stage but I need to find out ASAP, because it is harming my future. Instead of taking one step forward at a time, I seem to be constantly going backwards, just from a lack of care.

SO! For the first time in my life, I have made a list of 10 goals. I think my life has been heading nowhere because I am not working toward anything except the next high or the next bitch to fuck, etc.

So here it goes, critique me if you will (constructive criticism is always welcomed) but here's what I have come up with:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Get A+ Certified

2. Get Network Security Certified

3. GO BACK TO SCHOOL! (Not sure what for yet though)

4. Find something to motivate me (Besides drugs)

5. Work hard in this second job I just got, this could open huge doors. (I'm sorry I would fill you in with the job details, but it's confidential and I could get into alot of trouble talking about it)

6. Save money for college

7. Pay bills on time until they are completely paid off. (I'm about 7k in debt to hospitals and psychiatric hospitals)

8. Cut down on the drug/alcohol use, or atleast moderate it.

9. Work at my current job until August so that I have 2 years of Networking/computer tech support to go on a resume.

10. Within the near future, stop grieving over the ex-girlfriend. It does not fix the problem, only makes it worse when you dwell on the past.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

**TL;DR** My life is going nowhere, I think I figured out why, and I have now set up 10 goals for me to accomplish. ( See above ) **

What are you’re guys’ opinions? What do you feel about the subject? Most of you have ‘known’ me for several years and know how ridiculously stupid I can get, but do you think these goals will get me on the right track? Do you think they will finally head my life in a positive direction? Are they even the right goals to have right now?

Any opinions will be greatly appreciated, sorry about the novel I just wrote; I just had to get it all out.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2009-03-30, 12:06 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post "My first goals..."
-Spector- said: [Goto]
I think I have discovered why my life has gone absolutely nowhere after getting out of high school.

Welcome to the club.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram

Last edited by Chruser; 2009-03-30 at 12:12 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2009-03-30, 01:36 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post "My first goals..."
You seem to be aiming high, which is very positive. I think the hardest things to accomplish will be defeating depression, controlling your drug use, and getting over your ex. All of the mentioned goals are attainable, and being an intelligent being that you are, should be able to accomplish them with hard work. Learn to practice self-control to get over your drug use, and even stop hanging out with enablers until your willpower is strong enough to overcome the 'urges'. The depression is going to be difficult, but it's not a barrier. It's just a movable obstacle. That's just my two pennies. Adding structure to your day may also help with the drug habit; find a nice hobbie as well.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2009-03-31, 10:10 AM in reply to -Spector-'s post "My first goals..."
It should technically be "a lot", not "alot". I've never even seen a person use "allot" in that context, since it's a different word entirely.

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Anyway, I genuinely hope that you'll be able to reach those goals you've set for yourself. The only thing I can suggest about the drug use (feel free to brush it off though, since I really wouldn't know what I'm talking about seeing as I've never used drugs before) is to either cut back gradually, or surround yourself with people who don't use. Or both, really.

Good luck.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2009-03-31, 03:06 PM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "It should technically be "a lot", not..."
Join the military - its what I did.. Let them figure it out.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2009-03-31, 03:35 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "Join the military - its what I did....."
The easiest things for the drug use, as from what I've been told, is that you need to find a good substitute to takes it place. Something you enjoy doing that will make you feel good about yourself and can potentially help others. And like HoH said, eliminate those enablers.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V