Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

Posted 2007-02-12, 01:13 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Ooooh! There was an interesting article..."
Sorry, I thought you were just talking about the phases of matter
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2007-02-12, 01:15 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Sorry, I thought you were just talking..."
Nah, I haven't learnt any of that. I only know about Matter up to GCSE level, above is beyond me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-02-12, 01:29 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "There are many misconceptions about..."
Goddammit, MJ, you're making too much sense. I demand you stop.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2007-02-12, 02:21 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "There are many misconceptions about..."
I do understand that matter cannot be created or destroyed, I am just stating that the black hole or star would have caused a state change...
also the Cosmic Background Explorer just detects microwaves from the galaxy, and like light microwaves spread out like a wave in the water, over a great distance the microwaves could have come from any where....who could positively say that the waves are not comming from a nearby or distant source?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Draco is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDraco is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Draco

Posted 2007-02-12, 02:23 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "Goddammit, MJ, you're making too much..."
FUCK BLACK JESUS ARGHHHHH!

but I want all caps this time
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-02-12, 02:39 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "No it doesn't. There is no evidence at..."
Look, if the theroy fails what elts could explain the perfect formation of a livable planet called earth.... even science says that if the earth was a little farther from the sun or a little closer it would be uninhabitable..... it would either burn or freeze....
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Draco is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDraco is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Draco

Posted 2007-02-12, 02:43 PM in reply to Draco's post starting "Look, if the theroy fails what elts..."
Uh... the Earth was not created for us, rather life on this planet adapted to the conditions. I'd say you should take a few more science based courses before discussing this.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2007-02-12, 02:45 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Uh... the Earth was not created for us,..."
GravitonSurge said:
Uh... the Earth was not created for us, rather life on this planet adapted to the conditions. I'd say you should take a few more science based courses before discussing this.
QFTDIAF caps
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-02-12, 02:45 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Uh... the Earth was not created for us,..."
OOooh! Ask him how old the Earth is!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-02-12, 02:47 PM in reply to Draco's post starting "Look, if the theroy fails what elts..."
I'd say more, but Grav rather put it into perspective nicely.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2007-02-12, 02:47 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "OOooh! Ask him how old the Earth is!"
Lenny said:
OOooh! Ask him how old the Earth is!
It's over NINE THOUSAND!!!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2007-02-12, 02:49 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "It's over NINE THOUSAND!!!!"
It's well over NINE THOUSAND!!!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-02-12, 02:51 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "It's well over NINE THOUSAND!!!!"
!King_Amazon! said:
It's well over NINE THOUSAND!!!!
9003?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2007-02-12, 02:51 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "It's well over NINE THOUSAND!!!!"
It's 666 thousand!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack

Posted 2007-02-12, 02:52 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "It's well over NINE THOUSAND!!!!"
9000 what? specify units kthx
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2007-02-12, 02:54 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "9000 what? specify units kthx"
9000 units of half a million years!

In'nit!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-02-12, 02:55 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "9000 what? specify units kthx"
9000 IQs duh

lyke guyz my IQ is well over 9000 i know wut im talkin about

Last edited by !King_Amazon!; 2007-10-20 at 12:23 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-02-12, 03:31 PM in reply to Draco's post starting "Look, if the theroy fails what elts..."
Draco said:
Look, if the theroy fails what elts could explain the perfect formation of a livable planet called earth.... even science says that if the earth was a little farther from the sun or a little closer it would be uninhabitable..... it would either burn or freeze....
Your argument is that one theory seems unlikely, and we don't have another one right now, so God must have done it? Are you serious? If that worked, then anytime we had a puzzle that was difficult to solve, we could just declare that God did it.

*We can't find the murder weapon. God must have deleted it!

*Where'd my other sock go? I didn't burn it. God must eaten it!

*Why is it raining outside?
Well, you see, water condenses and rises up into the air. This water forms clouds, and then the clouds release that water back to the ground.

Nahhh. That doesn't sound very likely. God must be doing it.
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2007-02-12, 03:32 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "Your argument is that one theory seems..."
Naked gay avatar guy gets points.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2007-02-12, 10:15 PM in reply to Draco's post starting "I do understand that matter cannot be..."
Draco said:
I do understand that matter cannot be created or destroyed, I am just stating that the black hole or star would have caused a state change...
That's irrelevant to the theory of evolution. And to the big bang theory as well, for that matter.

Quote:
also the Cosmic Background Explorer just detects microwaves from the galaxy, and like light microwaves spread out like a wave in the water, over a great distance the microwaves could have come from any where....who could positively say that the waves are not comming from a nearby or distant source?
Because the spectrum of the cosmic background radiation is very close to that of a blackbody. In fact, the spectrum picked up by COBE was much closer to that of a blackbody than anything we can produce in a lab. The only reasonable explanation for this is that it comes from a time when the universe was much hotter and denser than its current state. That, coupled with the fact that the deviations on the experimental values collected from COBE differ so slightly from theoretical values that they aren't even plotted on the graphs strongly implies that the big bang theory is valid.

Quote:
There are probably millions of planets. Some, surely, must have comprable conditions to those of earth. Furthermore, live has also adapted to the conditions presented to us. It does not need to be perfectly fine-tuned.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes