Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

sushi
Posted 2007-07-20, 12:32 AM
who likes sushi i love it especially lots of diff eels but i love almost all sushi also who else does
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KingOfSpartans is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKingOfSpartans is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

KingOfSpartans

Posted 2007-07-20, 05:38 AM in reply to KingOfSpartans's post "sushi"
Had some last night. Great stuff. I ODed on wasabi and thought my face was going to explode.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2007-07-20, 09:28 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "Had some last night. Great stuff. I..."
I tried Sushi for the first time not so long ago. It's an acquired taste I guess. My friend tricked me into eating a bunch of wasabi...bitch.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2007-07-20, 05:20 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "I tried Sushi for the first time not so..."
mjordan2nd said:
I tried Sushi for the first time not so long ago. It's an acquired taste I guess. My friend tricked me into eating a bunch of wasabi...bitch.
It's usually 'not bad' at first, then once it isn't so weird, it really grows on you.

I love Sushi personally, and Sashimi is fantastic as well (essentially just a strip of fish, no rice).

The Wasabi thing is kind of a 'first-time hazing', I think everyone's been suckered into that one, lol.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-07-20, 05:23 PM in reply to KingOfSpartans's post "sushi"
Not a fan. I remember trying it a while ago. Perhaps I'll give it another shot.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2007-07-20, 05:26 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Not a fan. I remember trying it a..."
Sovereign said:
Not a fan. I remember trying it a while ago. Perhaps I'll give it another shot.
Yeah, not everyone will like it, just from my experience anyone who goes "it's okay" from the first experience tends to like it after a while.

Kind of like beer (not Budwater/etc), it grows on you.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-07-21, 05:39 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Yeah, not everyone will like it, just..."
I honestly can't see myself ever liking beer.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2007-07-21, 07:59 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "I honestly can't see myself ever liking..."
After my first few keggers I liked beer.

I like sushi, but I got suckered into eating a bunch of wasabi as well for my first time. Dicks.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-07-21, 12:05 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "I honestly can't see myself ever liking..."
GravitonSurge said:
I honestly can't see myself ever liking beer.
I said that myself, and I ended up liking dark beers and ales. /shrug
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-07-21, 06:33 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "After my first few keggers I liked..."
HandOfHeaven said:
After my first few keggers I liked beer.
Likewise, especially the Nadie keggers.

I like certain types of sushi, especially alligator rolls (salmon and eel i believe). Other then that and a few others, i think its gross, but im not judging.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2007-07-22, 07:36 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "Likewise, especially the Nadie keggers...."
Shitty keg beer is a waste of time (says the old guy). Once you get the legal opportunity and the funds, check out a large variety of beer. It doesn't all taste like watered down piss. Guiness and New Castle are my two current favorites. Hoegaarden and Blue Moon are nice if I'm looking for something lighter.

Of course, if you're just looking to get proper fucked, then stick with the keggers. We usually did Beast Ice. Ugh...

Oh, and wasabi is awesome. Blue Diamond has these wasabi coated almonds. They're the tits.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Vault Dweller

Posted 2007-07-22, 09:00 PM in reply to Vault Dweller's post starting "Shitty keg beer is a waste of time..."
Heiniken is my favorite right now. Had a Newcastle the other day with my dad, and it was great. We usually had kegs filled with MGD or Gainbelt Premium (may be local, not sure).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-07-23, 10:27 AM in reply to Vault Dweller's post starting "Shitty keg beer is a waste of time..."
I've tried a few different kinds of beer, i just hate it. I'm definately at "bitch drinker" .

I don't like sushi either. I <3 italian though
Your fucking stupid
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
klo shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeklo shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

klo

Posted 2007-07-23, 10:28 AM in reply to klo's post starting "I've tried a few different kinds of..."
I'm at the point where I'm not a big fan of beer, but I don't hate it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2007-07-23, 10:38 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "I'm at the point where I'm not a big..."
Oh I love Sushi, but I live in a small town where we don't get good Sushi. My boyfriend has introduced me to good sushi though in California! I love the cream cheese ones
"The belonging you seek is not behind you, it's ahead."
--Maz Kanata
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Silverjinx18 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSilverjinx18 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Silverjinx18

Posted 2007-07-23, 11:25 AM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "Likewise, especially the Nadie keggers...."
gruesomeBODY said:
Likewise, especially the Nadie keggers.
Are you talking about Natty Ice (Natural Ice)? That shit isn't beer, man!

Anybody tried the new Miller Chill? Holy hell, it's the best beer I've tasted. It has a hint of lime and goes down smooth. Three of those and I'm definitely buzzed.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-07-23, 11:46 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Are you talking about Natty Ice..."
kaneda had some a few weeks back, wasn't blown away by it, but liked it
Your fucking stupid
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
klo shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeklo shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

klo

Posted 2007-07-23, 12:48 PM in reply to klo's post starting "kaneda had some a few weeks back,..."
I prefer White or Black Russian over anything, though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-07-23, 05:16 PM in reply to Silverjinx18's post starting "Oh I love Sushi, but I live in a small..."
Silverjinx18 said:
Oh I love Sushi, but I live in a small town where we don't get good Sushi. My boyfriend has introduced me to good sushi though in California! I love the cream cheese ones
That's not Sushi, anything that comes in a roll isn't real Japanese Sushi.

Also, Vault Dweller, if you're into real beer (as you or Thanatos seem to be the only ones talking about something other than yellow water here), there's a good amber ale by New Belgium called Red Trolley Ale, it's pretty good. Fat Tire is another good beer, and if I remember correctly, had a fairly hefty alcohol content for a beer.

I'll have to check out Newcastle though, I was always curious. Guinness is only good on draft though, I can't drink it out of the bottle, it's too sweet that way. I think the extra stout Guinness was good from the bottle though...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-07-23, 05:43 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "That's not Sushi, anything that comes..."
I had a couple of Guiness earlier this summer, and two was about all I could take. It was like drinking a sack full of barley, although it was decent. Schell's Firebrick and Snowstorm are some nice heavier beers that were brewed in my old town. I did not like Fat Tire, though. But Laughing Lab was pretty good. At least I think that is what it was called.

They should have pot wasabi, so you could get a little fucked up off a few pieces of sushi.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven