Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

My ghetto.
Posted 2004-08-18, 02:21 PM
(Coming to you live via Juno 56k)

I moved recently. Into a steaming pile of shit. Let me explain this travesty to you in mild to moderate detail.

Driving towards the house, you pass the lovely "Village Tower" (read: a gas station with a paper mache 15 foot lighthouse) and pull into our driveway. You gaze in wonder at the building which has not been painted since JFK was assassinated. As you move through the peeling blue/white/brown/black/tan doorway which is shaped like a parallelogram, you encounter the awe inspiring sinking floor. What is it, you ask? Basically, one piece of plywood spread across beams which are about 3 feet apart. If you jump on one side of the room, you can launch babies out the window from the other. As a matter of fact, that's probably the main reason why one out of every 10 windows in this place is broken. As you make your way through what I think is supposed to be the kitchen (it has a fridge), you can take a left into the "laundry room", or a right into a basement which smells oddly like dead animals. Or babies. Going straight, you reach the main room, which connects to the upstairs, living room, and front door(s). Now this is where it really gets interesting. Outside the front door(s) is the "porch." At least, it was. At some point. Now, this strangely unidentifyable structure is sagging, and the ceiling (I use that term loosely) above it is about to collapse, being approximately four feet from the ground on the far sides. Also, there is an unexplainable piano located on the left. This ancient and decrepit instrument is home to a thriving ant colony under the key cover. I've spent a considerable amount of time monitoring their progress, here's a sample of the log:

Day 2: 5:43 P.M. The ants I have designated Charlie, Ralph and Tyrannicide appear to be moving the eggs from the 67th to 43rd key.
Day 2: 5:44 P.M. The ants have reached their checkpoint. They are returning back to key 67.
Day 2: 5:45 P.M. I have killed Tyrannicide with a gentle nudge from my thumb.
Day 2: 5:46 P.M. This place sucks. Help me.

The door on the right side goes back to the living room. One of the windows in it I broke on my elbow the day before last trying to close it. The living room itself has no light, but besides that is rather complacent. Heading upstairs.

The upstairs is slanted at about a 5 degree angle. I could roll a ball from the right to left side easily. Or a slinky. Most of the walls are warped either inwards or outwards. Or leftwards. The windows, for some inexplicable reason, are placed at random heights in each room. One window may be 10 inches off the floor, while another is about three feet. On the far right is an "office," which basically means an unpainted room which contains a shitload pile of boxes filled with styrofome peanuts and (empty) beer cans left by the last tenant. Moving onto what is quite possibly the most interesting room in the house, the bathroom. There is one dim light, and no electrical outlets. It houses one sink, one toilet, and one cast iron clawfoot bathtub with some kind of shower device bolted to it. More on that later. The toilet, interestingly enough, has no secondary hole to shoot water back in like most toilets do. Instead, the water is shot back from the same pipe it flushes into, which has the nice effect of returning about 10% of what you tried to dispose of in the first place. There is also some heating vent in the corner by the tub, which serves no purpose but to catch water that gets through the shower curtains and leak it into the kitchen. Now, as to the tub and shower. The tub is angled so that water goes towards the back of the tub, rather than the drain. The shower head is so full of lime that it feels like taking a shower under a water fountain. At best. It takes about two minutes to fully wet my hair. And to make it more fun, the hot water knob slowly goes up, making the water uncomfortably hot every 30 seconds or so. During my last shower about two hours ago, the shower head shot off and hit me in the head. I can't make this shit up. Surprisingly, it made the shower much more enjoyable, as I went from water fountain to kitchen faucet.

So I'm moving again within a week or two, I hope. We've got a place lined up. And it has paint on it. Joy. Here's a lesson to you: don't move into an apartment you've only seen late at night.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2004-08-18, 02:33 PM in reply to Grav's post "My ghetto."
Pictrures Pictures!!

Twenty-eight days... six hours... forty-two minutes... twelve seconds. That, is when the world will end.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zeal311 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzeal311 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zeal311

Posted 2004-08-18, 02:34 PM in reply to zeal311's post starting "Pictrures Pictures!!"
I would but we're leaving most everything packed so we can rent an U-Haul and get the fuck out of here.

NVM: I found the camera. Brb.

Last edited by GravitonSurge; 2004-08-18 at 02:38 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2004-08-18, 02:45 PM in reply to Grav's post "My ghetto."
Sounds like home to a hobo like me!

Maybe tonight we'll fly so far away... We'll be lost before the dawn...
Raziel said:
er er LOL
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

DaFrigginDoctah

Posted 2004-08-18, 02:55 PM in reply to DaFrigginDoctah's post starting "Sounds like home to a hobo like me!"
DaFrigginDoctah said:
Sounds like home to a hobo like me!
Quite.

Some images of the porch:

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2004-08-18, 03:33 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Quite. Some images of the porch: ..."
wow looks so bad, sucks
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
iceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweeniceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

iceman887

Posted 2004-08-18, 03:41 PM in reply to iceman887's post starting "wow looks so bad, sucks"
That sucks. Alot. Take a couple wider pictures, I want to see the ultimate shittyness of these "rooms".

With your luck the roof is probably insulated with asbestos. :P
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2004-08-18, 03:49 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post starting "That sucks. Alot. Take a couple wider..."
Sounds nice and cozy.
So this baby seal walks into a club.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ask_rabber is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenask_rabber is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ask_rabber

Posted 2004-08-18, 03:53 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post starting "That sucks. Alot. Take a couple wider..."
I forgot to turn the camera off and the battery ran out, but I'll show you what was left on the memory card.

FUCK uploading on 56k.

The back mudroom ceiling.

There was a big hole there when we came to look at the house, the landlord said he'd fix it. Look how good a job he did.

View from the other door. You can see a corner of the piano on the left.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2004-08-18, 03:55 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "I forgot to turn the camera off and the..."
That sucks man. Just hang on and get the hell out of their as soon as possible. Why did you move in the first place?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-08-18, 03:56 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "That sucks man. Just hang on and get..."
People had cash and suddenly wanted our house, we had to move quickly.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2004-08-18, 04:03 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "I forgot to turn the camera off and the..."
I can't help but feel sorry for you and I now have a new found respect for you because of your time spent in hell. Good luck.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2004-08-18, 04:08 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I can't help but feel sorry for you and..."
I'm glad my friends got me that spinning rim neck chain. I need it.

I can now scratch "tenement" off my 'Have not lived in' list.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2004-08-18, 04:13 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "I'm glad my friends got me that..."
Here is what I think you should do:

1. Make a loaf of end pieces of bread.
2. Go stay in a hotel room.
3. Use the end pieces to wipe your ass.
4. Demand that the guy who got you to stay in that hellhole pay the bill for the hotel room and eat the end pieces of bread.
5. Do an irish jig on his lifeless corpse then feed him to the ants.
6. Burn the place down to get rid of the evidence and keep anyone else from ever having to stay there.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2004-08-18, 04:15 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Here is what I think you should do: ..."
Did I mention the pubic hair magically strewn throughout the entire bathroom? Even on the ceiling?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2004-08-18, 04:51 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Did I mention the pubic hair magically..."
GET THE HELL OUT OF THEIR SICK! I WOULD BASH ALL THE ROOMS UP good luck get the fuck out of there grav
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tokill.ace is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentokill.ace is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tokill.ace

Posted 2004-08-18, 04:52 PM in reply to tokill.ace's post starting "GET THE HELL OUT OF THEIR SICK! I WOULD..."
Grav, can't you sue for sub-standard living conditions, or something along those lines?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-08-18, 06:33 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Grav, can't you sue for sub-standard..."
why dont you get taco to lend you some money?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hades-Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hades-Knight

Posted 2004-08-18, 06:46 PM in reply to Hades-Knight's post starting "why dont you get taco to lend you some..."
He'd let you use the taco bell bathroom
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2004-08-18, 09:06 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Grav, can't you sue for sub-standard..."
mjordan2nd said:
Grav, can't you sue for sub-standard living conditions, or something along those lines?
Not when you bought the place. :P
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin